KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Depowered Thor vs MCU Punisher h2h

Depowered Thor vs MCU Punisher h2h
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Depowered Thor vs MCU Punisher h2h

Who wins?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 06:09 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Frank. Thor is definitely tougher and stronger. But Frank is a f*cking honey badger. He doesn't care. He'll ignore the pain, tough it out, and get in some surprising hits. But mainly, he'll probably fight dirty to win, going for breaks, gouging his eyes, etc...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 06:15 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

In a ring or octagon, I'd say Thor wins though not easily. Bigger, stronger, seems more skilled, way more experienced. But in the streets in a fight to the death... Frank is just so darn feral and scrappy that he might end up winning.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 06:26 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Frank kicks his ass

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 07:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Depowered Thor gets his as kicked by Frank

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 08:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I actually made this same thread way back, but that was just after DD s2. Opinions were divided then.

I will say the same that I said then. Their physical abilities are close enough that I think Frank wins via sheer grit and determination. The guy gets beaten to a pulp, breaks bones, gets shot, gets hit with pieces of exploding shrapnel, and more, but he just keeps on trucking.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 02:43 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He'd do stuff Thor's not expecting in a fight. Kick his kneecap out. Bite him. Elbow him in the nose. He's a very dirty fighter.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 02:58 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not commenting on who would win as I'm not completely up to date on the Punisher, just pointing out that the Punisher is not the only one that can take pain and keep on trucking. Unless of course you think Thor's godhood protected him from the pain of things like being impaled and having his eye gouged out.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:06 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not commenting on who would win as I'm not completely up to date on the Punisher, just pointing out that the Punisher is not the only one that can take pain and keep on trucking. Unless of course you think Thor's godhood protected him from the pain of things like being impaled and having his eye gouged out.

It certainly helps you tank damage when you're as tough as Thor is. His godhood protected him from massive impact forces like Hulk smacking him around and falling from thousands of feet and the Sokovia explosion.

But in a human body, his ability to fight through pain doesn't really matter. If Frank shatters his kneecap or breaks his arm, he can deal with the pain, but he can't use that limb anymore.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:12 AM
Silent Master

Again I wasn't commenting on who would or their ability to withstand damage. I was merely comparing their ability to fight through pain.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:15 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I mean in regards to Punisher, in his own show, at one point, he rocks up to a fight with broken bones, a punctured lung etc., gets shot in the leg upon arrival, just wraps it up, and still performs better than most fully fit and healthy people would.

Seriously, the only human I have seen in the MCU with a more impressive pain threshold is Stick (though Daredevil deserves an honourable mention). That guy literally lopped his own hand off and carried on like nothing.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
It certainly helps you tank damage when you're as tough as Thor is. His godhood protected him from massive impact forces like Hulk smacking him around and falling from thousands of feet and the Sokovia explosion.

But in a human body, his ability to fight through pain doesn't really matter. If Frank shatters his kneecap or breaks his arm, he can deal with the pain, but he can't use that limb anymore.

To be fair, Thor is used to fighting beings that are as strong or stronger than him, and as durable if not more durable than him. So the pain that he feels and tanks would be no less than the pain Frank can dish out when Thor is made human.

For that matter, Thor's fighting skill and speed displayed when he's fighting at full power shouldn't be discounted just because he's made human, because his skill and speed shouldn't be much affected by removing his powers as long as he's fighting someone of similar physicality.

What I mean to say is, I don't think Frank can easily block laser fire with a hammer.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:18 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
What I mean to say is, I don't think Frank can easily block laser fire with a hammer.

I doubt Frank can easily catch arrows without looking either, or flip over pointblank automatic fire, but that didn't stop him from competing with Daredevil. Granted, based on Matt's feats (and some behind the scenes interviews I saw recently, that confirmed Matt does indeed get a power creep during the second half of S2, in order to fight the Hand) Matt > Frank by the end of it.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 03:23 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I doubt Frank can easily catch arrows without looking either, or flip over pointblank automatic fire, but that didn't stop him from competing with Daredevil. Granted, based on Matt's feats (and some behind the scenes interviews I saw recently, that confirmed Matt does indeed get a power creep during the second half of S2, in order to fight the Hand) Matt > Frank by the end of it.

I rewatched Punisher's first fight with Daredevil, and I came to the conclusion that he did well in that fight because he was stronger and tougher than DD. DD hit him multiple times with his baton and Punisher was still standing. Frank hit DD once with the baton and DD went down. DD landed a lot more hits but Frank seemed to hit harder, plus everytime they got into a grapple or hold Frank powered through Daredevil.

Unfortunately, I don't think that tactic will work against Thor. Thor is bigger, heavier and seems to hit harder than Punisher. I doubt that Frank can overpower, outfight or out-hit Thor.

His biggest chance is to outlast Thor by using his insane damage soak... or simply just get crazier. That will net him the win.

As to DD winning handily against Frank by the end of S2, I chuck that as Matt just being the more skilled fighter. In their first fight Frank's toughness and strength put Matt offbalance, but by their 2nd fight Matt already knows what to look out for and is able to adjust his fighting style to Frank... and that's usually a quality that skilled/smart fighters have, the ability to adjust their technique to beat an opponent.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jan 16th, 2018 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 04:05 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
I rewatched Punisher's first fight with Daredevil, and I came to the conclusion that he did well in that fight because he was stronger and tougher than DD. DD hit him multiple times with his baton and Punisher was still standing. Frank hit DD once with the baton and DD went down. DD landed a lot more hits but Frank seemed to hit harder, plus everytime they got into a grapple or hold Frank powered through Daredevil.

Unfortunately, I don't think that tactic will work against Thor. Thor is bigger, heavier and seems to hit harder than Punisher. I doubt that Frank can overpower, outfight or out-hit Thor.

His biggest chance is to outlast Thor by using his insane damage soak... or simply just get crazier. That will net him the win.

As to DD winning handily against Frank by the end of S2, I chuck that as Matt just being the more skilled fighter. In their first fight Frank's toughness and strength put Matt offbalance, but by their 2nd fight Matt already knows what to look out for and is able to adjust his fighting style to Frank... and that's usually a quality that skilled/smart fighters have, the ability to adjust their technique to beat an opponent.

I don't know about depowered Thor hitting harder. As you yourself mentioned, Frank was able to floor Daredevil with just a few hits. Even Fisk had trouble doing that. Frank hits like a truck, especially for a man his size (not that he is a small guy).

And in terms of feats putting Matt over Frank, I was more referring to Daredevil's notable improvement against the Hand etc. During his first encounters with them, he had a serious amount of trouble. By the end of the season, he was one- and two-shotting a lot of them. In comparison, Elektra's performances against them, for example, remained fairly consistent. Which fits with what was said in that clip I mentioned, where they said something along the lines of that Matt had to become stronger, better and faster than he had ever been before to fight them.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:15 AM
Silent Master

The problem is depowered Thor doesn't really have many feats, all we know is he mowed down multiple Shield agents fairly quickly and had a little bit of trouble with the last guy. Who was probably meant to the elite agent level.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 06:00 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I don't know about depowered Thor hitting harder. As you yourself mentioned, Frank was able to floor Daredevil with just a few hits. Even Fisk had trouble doing that. Frank hits like a truck, especially for a man his size (not that he is a small guy).

And in terms of feats putting Matt over Frank, I was more referring to Daredevil's notable improvement against the Hand etc. During his first encounters with them, he had a serious amount of trouble. By the end of the season, he was one- and two-shotting a lot of them. In comparison, Elektra's performances against them, for example, remained fairly consistent. Which fits with what was said in that clip I mentioned, where they said something along the lines of that Matt had to become stronger, better and faster than he had ever been before to fight them.

I'm basing Thor's hard-hitting on how he pretty much floored every SHIELD agent he fought with a single hit, most of them knocked out cold, except for the last agent. Plus those are trained SHIELD agents with body armor, as compared to the usual criminal fodder that Frank takes out.

When Frank fights he uses a lot more brutal hits like knee kicks and neck snaps and the like, but he does usually need more than just one hit to take an opponent out. Just watch his prison fight scene and his fight against the construction crew.

Like I said, Frank uses more debilitating and brutal strikes, but Thor does seem to need fewer strikes to take out opponents. This is true either while he was in human form or when he was powered fighting equally superhuman fodder. Plus Thor is bigger, which means he can put more weight into his hits.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jan 16th, 2018 at 06:14 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 06:09 AM
KingD19

Punisher was destroyed before he got in a room with Fisk, and he still had fight enough in him to actually hurt Wilson, who has more feats than human Thor. And is straight up stronger than human Thor. He also tanked the beating Fisk gave him with no real problems. Thor's gonna need more than he's got to put Frank down.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 06:57 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
Punisher was destroyed before he got in a room with Fisk, and he still had fight enough in him to actually hurt Wilson, who has more feats than human Thor. And is straight up stronger than human Thor. He also tanked the beating Fisk gave him with no real problems. Thor's gonna need more than he's got to put Frank down.

I never questioned Frank's durability or damage soak. Just pointing out that Thor seems to hit harder whereas Frank hits more brutally.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 07:39 AM
KingD19

Yeah, and I'm saying Frank has already dealt with a guy who hits harder than Thor, while being beaten, bloody, and broken. I don't think Thor would be able to just beat him down, which is how he fights. While Frank while literally break Thor's body, joints, etc...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 07:50 AM