KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Defenders vs a Mark 1 Sentinel...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Mark 1 Sentinel wins... 2 50.00%
The Defenders win... 2 50.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Defenders vs a Mark 1 Sentinel...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

The Defenders vs a Mark 1 Sentinel...

The Defenders (Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage) takes on a lone Mark 1 Sentinel (the first series of Sentinel created by Trask back in the 70's) from Days of Future Past...

Battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 02:53 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadMojoScootr
Rusty Cage

Those sentinels werent very advanced yet so daredevil and iron fist die while luke and jessica demolish it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 11:41 PM
BadMojoScootr is currently offline Click here to Send BadMojoScootr a Private Message Find more posts by BadMojoScootr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Sentinel wins

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 11:58 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BadMojoScootr
Those sentinels werent very advanced yet so daredevil and iron fist die while luke and jessica demolish it.

Are you sure the Mark 1's weren't very advanced?

Sure, they are no where near as advanced as the Mark 10's (the unstoppable killers in the Future), but they are no slough:

Between 1973 and 1996, Trask produced 8,732 Mark I Sentinels for the governments of the United States, China, Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, France, India and the United Kingdom. The Mark I generations included the following features:
◾AI Cognitive Ability: 88x Human Capability
◾Shielding Strength: 20K Ton Pressure Rating
◾Power Generation: 20B Kilowatt-Hours
◾Detection Technology (MD): 5.05 Trask Industries Processor

On-Board Technology
◾Global network-integrated search identification systems.
◾Full digital surveillance interceptors capable of intercepting any form of communication.
◾Quantum memory processing.
◾5-mile target radius for genetic guidance system.
◾Magnetic shield boost.
◾Interchangeable blaster upgrades and thermoplastic ballistic support.

General Specifications
◾Height - 18 ft.
◾Weight - 4,880 lbs.
◾Armament - Dual Trask 873K energy blasters.
◾Propulsion - Two G302-TI-99 enhanced performance ion thrusters.
◾Max Speed - Mach 0.9
◾Ceiling - 45,000+ ft
◾Range - 1532.9 m

In addition to all of that, all Mark 1 Sentinels have Gatling Guns which are capable of firing 3000 .58mm rounds per minute...

The Mark 1's are pretty powerful in their own right...

Are you sure that Jessica and Cage can destroy one?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 01:41 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

This is what the Defenders are up against...

And of course given the effectiveness of a Shot Gun against Cage, I have zero doubt that a Gatling Gun firing 3000 .58mm rounds per minute would be far more effective against him than that Shot Gun would be...

Attachment: sentinel_mark_1.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Feb 14th, 2018 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:19 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol of course you would use a very clear PIS showing (which was very early in his appearances, before they had ironed out power levels, and was also affected by Kilgrave's virus), and which is literally inconsistent with virtually all Cage's other durability feats, while ignoring the fact that he took a direct hit from a rocket launcher, an exploding bar, direct impact from a speeding garbage truck and an SUV, multi-storey falls, chi punches from Iron Fist etc. without serious injury. How very Quan-like of you.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:32 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
lol of course you would use a very clear PIS showing (which was very early in his appearances, before they had ironed out power levels, and was also affected by Kilgrave's virus), and which is literally inconsistent with virtually all Cage's other durability feats, while ignoring the fact that he took a direct hit from a rocket launcher, an exploding bar, direct impact from a speeding garbage truck and an SUV, multi-storey falls, chi punches from Iron Fist etc. without serious injury. How very Quan-like of you.

Its not very Quan like at all...

It happened to Cage...on screen...you cant ignore it or dismiss the showing because you don't like it.

The close range Shot Gun blast KO'ed him...period.

So with that said, what do you think the Mark 1's Gatling Gun will do to Jessica or Cage?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:38 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Its not very Quan like at all...

It happened to Cage...on screen...you cant ignore it or dismiss the showing because you don't like it.

The close range Shot Gun blast KO'ed him...period.

So with that said, what do you think the Mark 1's Gatling Gun will do to Jessica or Cage?

LOL at your double standards. Whenever someone brings up the multitude of times RF has been tagged by non-speedsters, you shout PIS, and dismiss the showings.

But when Luke has multiple more recent, better durability feats (including more than one to the same spot as the shotgun), you completely ignore all of them and focus on a PIS low-end, which was also affected by plot, as Luke woke up the moment Kilgrave was killed, which suggests his lack of consciousness was directly linked to that.

So, yes, you are being exactly like Quan. You even use the same excuses to justify focusing on the low-end, as I have seen him pull that same line under the same circumstances on numerous occasions.

But I am wise to your game at this point. You have zero interest in actual debate. All you want to do is find opportunities to wank the characters you like, bash the ones you don't, and antagonise the posters you dislike by making spite threads against characters they do. You can claim otherwise all you like, but people just need to look at your recent posting history to see the truth. So, I am done indulging you, period, as there is absolutely no value in doing so at this point. So, you're going back on Ignore.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:56 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

LOL at your double standards. Whenever someone brings up the multitude of times RF has been tagged by non-speedsters, you shout PIS, and dismiss the showings.

But when Luke has multiple more recent, better durability feats (including more than one to the same spot as the shotgun), you completely ignore all of them and focus on a PIS low-end, which was also affected by plot, as Luke woke up the moment Kilgrave was killed, which suggests his lack of consciousness was directly linked to that.

So, yes, you are being exactly like Quan. You even use the same excuses to justify focusing on the low-end, as I have seen him pull that same line under the same circumstances on numerous occasions.

But I am wise to your game at this point. You have zero interest in actual debate. All you want to do is find opportunities to wank the characters you like, bash the ones you don't, and antagonise the posters you dislike by making spite threads against characters they do. You can claim otherwise all you like, but people just need to look at your recent posting history to see the truth. So, I am done indulging you, period, as there is absolutely no value in doing so at this point. So, you're going back on Ignore.

Why you mad bro?

Don't tell me that you are conceding to me already? You didn't even put up a fight... sad

Fact: Cage was KO'ed by a Shot Gun...

Fact: The Mark 1 Sentinel has a weapon far superior to a Shot Gun...

You cant ignore the above no matter how hard you try or how hard you rage about things that are off topic...

All the evidence points to the Mark 1 Sentinel defeating the Defenders...

Concession accepted btw...

smile

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 04:22 AM
Silent Master

Fact: TheLordofMurder is a troll.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 04:35 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
Fact: TheLordofMurder is a troll.

It's hilarious. In some ways, he is actually worse than the people he claims are trolls. As, beyond the other things I have already pointed out, none of them have his track record with making spite matches, or with posting off-topic comic scans in movie threads, even after a mod has told him to stop. Yet he still tries to act like everyone else is the problem and he bears no fault or blame.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 05:51 AM
Silent Master

It's hilarious. In some ways, he is actually worse than the people he claims are trolls. As, beyond the other things I have already pointed out, none of them have his track record with making spite matches, or with posting off-topic comic scans in movie threads, even after a mod has told him to stop. Yet he still tries to act like everyone else is the problem and he bears no fault or blame.

I never bought his excuses, as he acts the same whether or not those he claims to be responding to are even in the thread.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 06:13 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
I never bought his excuses, as he acts the same whether or not those he claims to be responding to are even in the thread.

It's amazing how Quan-like he has become. Luke has literally taken hits to the jaw that sent him sailing through the air and, in the case of the Iron Fist, caused an actual shockwave on impact. A shotgun has nowhere near the punch required to do that. Neither caused any serious injury, never mind knocking him unconscious. And that's just looking at other impacts specifically to Luke's jaw. If we look at his other durability feats, the shotgun inconsistency becomes even bigger. If the shotgun showing was accurate, things like the rocket launcher, SUV, Iron Fist strikes, the harder hits from DB, the garbage truck and Judas bullets should have flat-out killed him. Yet this guy would ignore all of that because it suits his stance in this thread to do so.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 06:52 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Oh, and the "look at all showings" shtick he went on about is just a pathetic excuse to lowball, and a lie to boot. Because anyone who actually takes all the showings into account will see that the shotgun is contradicted by numerous other feats and, thus, there is more evidence to suggest it is an outlier, and not an accurate reflection of his normal durability. The only way to reach any other conclusion is to actively ignore all his other showings, and cherry pick just that one.

And to top it all off, that whole bit only happened because Luke fought off Kilgrave's control long enough to let Jess do it. He isn't going to stand around with his chin up, just waiting for the sentinel to stick its barrel there and open fire. And we see how effective gunfire is against him otherwise... not very.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 14th, 2018 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 07:13 AM
Silent Master

He says "look at all showings" but then turns around and ignores all but the low showings for the characters he wants to lose. what he, h1 and quan actually mean is 2-fold "only look at the showings that support my side" and "only look at them from my point of view".

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 07:19 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Matt solos

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 01:04 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@Vault and Silent...

So are we in agreement that the Mark 1 Sentinel defeats the Defenders?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:19 PM