KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Maximus vs Leonidas

Maximus vs Leonidas
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Maximus vs Leonidas

Swords only.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 12:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Swords only.

Who wins?

UFFFFF this is a good one!!!

I'd say Leonidas.

Maximus was more of a jack of all trades, whilst Leonidas was more of a pure H2H/Swordfight guy.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 02:52 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Leonidas was the leader of a group of low level superhuman. Maximus dies horribly.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:12 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
Leonidas was the leader of a group of low level superhuman. Maximus dies horribly.

I agree that they win, but superhuman....IDK.

I think its just the movie portraying the Spartans as too bad ass rather than them being superhuman as in superpowers.

But still, i think Spartans abilities portrayed in 300>>Roman's portrayed in Gladiator.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:56 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree that they win, but superhuman....IDK.

I think its just the movie portraying the Spartans as too bad ass rather than them being superhuman as in superpowers.

But still, i think Spartans abilities portrayed in 300>>Roman's portrayed in Gladiator.

No, they were superhuman. They were casually chopping clean through limbs and killing 30+ elite warriors in a few seconds, sending guys flying, jumping 20 feet high and killing massive animals easily.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:57 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I'd have to go with Maxinus. Leonidas seemed more a skilled commander than a skilled duelist.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 07:00 AM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It will be a good fight. Anybody who thinks it will be an easy win didn't watch both movies. For instance, some of the Spartans' feats are listed above, but what about Maximus?

He killed four trained, experienced, armoured soldiers, starting out unarmed, on his knees with his hands tied.

He becomes so famous the crowd chants his name and every gladiator shows fear and respect as he walks past. Proximo calls him a butcher who simply hacks his enemies apart, begging him to stop killing his opponents so quickly and to put on more of a show, to entertain the crowd.

In one fight, Maximus enters the arena armed with nothing but a sword and in 30 seconds kills five gladiators wearing armour, with shields and weapons. It only takes that long because he pauses to show of his dual-wielding skill before beheading his final opponent.

They bring back Tigris, "the only undefeated champion in Roman history" to face him - along with four freaking tigers. Maximus not only defeats Tigris, but kills one of the tigers as well.

Leonidas might win (note, I said *might*). But easily? There won't be anything easy about it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 07:16 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
No, they were superhuman. They were casually chopping clean through limbs and killing 30+ elite warriors in a few seconds, sending guys flying, jumping 20 feet high and killing massive animals easily.

Hmmm. Maybe, i saw it more like the movie exaggerating the feats.

I dont think like Leonidas can lift up a horse or something like that.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It will be a good fight. Anybody who thinks it will be an easy win didn't watch both movies. For instance, some of the Spartans' feats are listed above, but what about Maximus?

He killed four trained, experienced, armoured soldiers, starting out unarmed, on his knees with his hands tied.

He becomes so famous the crowd chants his name and every gladiator shows fear and respect as he walks past. Proximo calls him a butcher who simply hacks his enemies apart, begging him to stop killing his opponents so quickly and to put on more of a show, to entertain the crowd.

In one fight, Maximus enters the arena armed with nothing but a sword and in 30 seconds kills five gladiators wearing armour, with shields and weapons. It only takes that long because he pauses to show of his dual-wielding skill before beheading his final opponent.

They bring back Tigris, "the only undefeated champion in Roman history" to face him - along with four freaking tigers. Maximus not only defeats Tigris, but kills one of the tigers as well.

Leonidas might win (note, I said *might*). But easily? There won't be anything easy about it.

Yeah, a very though match. But i dont doubt Leonidas winning.

Considering that Greeks were amongst the best soldiers, and that Spartans were considered ELITE/SUPERIOR soldiers, and that Leonidas was the BEST of all those ELITE fighters...Maximus is just a well trained/good Roman soldier.

I do believe Leonidas stands superior after a loooonnnggg fight.f

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:24 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Leonidas, eventually.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:43 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote