KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Killmonger vs. MCU Captain America

MCU Killmonger vs. MCU Captain America
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU Killmonger vs. MCU Captain America

Round 1: H2H only (No suit for Erik)
Round 2: Erik has the nanite suit/knives

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 05:53 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Steve wins round 1.

Killmonger takes round 2.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 08:53 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

has killmonger eaten the herb?? cuz if so i could see him beating cap in both

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:08 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Wait. You have two arguably top tier fighters, and you want to give just ONE of them an indestructible suit?

What am i missing?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:08 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
has killmonger eaten the herb?? cuz if so i could see him beating cap in both

Well, if your don't mind spoilers:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, he takes the heart-shaped herb at a point in the film, gaining comparable stats to Black Panther/Super Soldiers.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Cap takes round 1, handily.

Does he get his shield in 2? If so, it'll be a long match.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:30 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

How is he taking it handily?

Killmonger outskilled Tchalla

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

He outskilled T'challa after T'challa lost the heart shaped herb's powers, so he also may have had a physical edge... he certainly looked stronger.

Still though, T'challa doesn't (yet) have the physical or skill feats to match up to Cap, so it's a moot point. And Killmonger definitely didn't do anything to stack up against, say, Cap's elevator fight.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 10:42 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Smurph

Still though, T'challa doesn't (yet) have the physical or skill feats to match up to Cap, so it's a moot point. And Killmonger definitely didn't do anything to stack up against, say, Cap's elevator fight.

Cap doesnt have the agility/acrobatic physicality BP does.

Nor does he have the durability.

And BP is plenty skilled.

BP wins regardless of Cap having his Shield or not.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, if your don't mind spoilers:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, he takes the heart-shaped herb at a point in the film, gaining comparable stats to Black Panther/Super Soldiers.

yes im aware of that what i was asking is this him fighting with or without that in his system cuz obviously it makes a big difference

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:13 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I assume he does, or round 1 would be epic spite. It'd be Cap vs a skilled but unarmed human. And we have seen how that goes on more than one occasion.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:59 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yeah, I could see killmonger being a great matchup for Cap even unarmed

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 04:53 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, round 1 should be a close match, but Steve just has too many H2H feats against not only people on his own level, but above (like Spidey, Ultron and IM) as well. Which is why I am backing him there. But yeah, the two of them should be close enough that giving Killmonger the suit tips it solidly in his favour.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 04:58 AM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Cap doesnt have the agility/acrobatic physicality BP does.

I was arguing this same point the other day with someone.

But then that he was all like "can you give me A physical feat Tchalla has done that Cap couldn't replicate?

The debate is still on going.

Got any way to prove that statement?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 07:00 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Juk3n
I was arguing this same point the other day with someone.

But then that he was all like "can you give me A physical feat Tchalla has done that Cap couldn't replicate?

The debate is still on going.

Got any way to prove that statement?

Just showings. We never see much from Cap in that aspect.

His best acrobatic move I can think of was that twirl he did against Spider-Man.

He also struggles when surrounded by machine gun fire. He cant/doesnt Just leap and flip to avoid them, but instead needs to heavily rely on his Shield.

BP’s scene from the trailer flipping over cars is a good one (and he has way more of that in the film).

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 07:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

His best acrobatic move I can think of was that twirl he did against Spider-Man.

He also struggles when surrounded by machine gun fire. He cant/doesnt Just leap and flip to avoid them, but instead needs to heavily rely on his Shield.

BP’s scene from the trailer flipping over cars is a good one (and he has way more of that in the film).

They stole that from Snake-eyes

smile evil face

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 11:56 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Cap takes the H2H.

If Cap has his shied, he takes round 2 as well.

Otherwise, shieldless cap loses round 2.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 12:09 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Then re-watch Cap taking down the quinjet in Winter Soldier. He shows off plenty acrobatics.

Not that it matters in a h2h fight anyways, Black Panther's acrobatics isn't going to give him an edge. Cap's style might seem less flashy, but it's been just as effective, if not more, in the movies.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 01:17 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Cap can't beat the suits kinetic absorbtion abilities. Even if he gets the shield, BP's suit stood up to vibranium swords. Killmonger could just let Cap hit him and still win.

Round 1 is a damn good fight though.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 01:23 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Smurph
Then re-watch Cap taking down the quinjet in Winter Soldier. He shows off plenty acrobatics.

Not that it matters in a h2h fight anyways, Black Panther's acrobatics isn't going to give him an edge. Cap's style might seem less flashy, but it's been just as effective, if not more, in the movies.

Not on the level of BP or Spider-Man.

It WILL make a difference in a fight. Look how Spidey played Winter Soldier and Falcon in ways Cap never could.

Plus theres BPs durability.

BP or Killmonger win with the suit. No question.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 01:35 AM