KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Black Panther vs. Doctor Octopus

Black Panther vs. Doctor Octopus
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Black Panther vs. Doctor Octopus

Tchalla has his current suit

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 08:59 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Tchalla has his current suit

Who wins

T'Challa in a heartbeat.

T'Challa would just rip off Octopus's arms. As easy as that.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^Errrrrrrm...Tobey Spider-Man couldn't "just rip off Octopus's arms". The same SM that could flip around and shoot through the bars in cranes and concrete blocks to save Gwen Stacy, sensed spitballs in slow motion, could swing between a semi-trailer truck cab and the trailer, get pounded by Sandman on top of a girder, could hold up a cable car, etc.

Ock should win after a good fight.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:11 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by John Murdoch
^Errrrrrrm...Tobey Spider-Man couldn't "just rip off Octopus's arms". The same SM that could flip around and shoot through the bars in cranes and concrete blocks to save Gwen Stacy, sensed spitballs in slow motion, could swing between a semi-trailer truck cab and the trailer, get pounded by Sandman on top of a girder, could hold up a cable car, etc.

Ock should win after a good fight.

Except McGuirre Spider Man didn't had Vibranium Claws which can cut through things like if they were butter.

Octopus' bionic tentacles aren't made of any special material to my knowledge. I don't see why they should be able to resist getting cut by Vib claws.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:31 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. BP wins due to Magical MacGuffin Metal.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:35 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Except McGuirre Spider Man didn't had Vibranium Claws which can cut through things like if they were butter.

Octopus' bionic tentacles aren't made of any special material to my knowledge. I don't see why they should be able to resist getting cut by Vib claws.

I'll give BP this: if he gets up in Ock's grill like Tobey SM did on the clocktower in SM2, then yes, Ock gets fileted.

However, Ock has the capability to keep T'Challa at range and bat him away with his tentacles, and - as he did to Tobey SM - restrain him with his tentacles. While Doc Ock attempted to crush Spider-Man's head, he could take T'Challa's suit if he grabs the necklace, though he would have to deduce that.

So, if T'Challa gets up close, he should win, as he can slice up Doc's body, which is only human.

If Ock keeps T'Challa at a distance, smacks him around, and restrains him, he should win if he can find out the necklace trick or use his tentacles to do something like snap T'Challa's neck. However, if the rhino or the fall into the vibranium mine couldn't cause enough blunt force trauma to incap BP, don't know if Ock can do it, though he can sustain an attack continuously against T'Challa.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:50 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Don't forget Otto's unbreakable jaw lol. How he kept eating Spiderman's hits without dying still amuses me. I mean I know Pete traditionally holds back, but he couldn't even knock the guy out.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I'll give BP this: if he gets up in Ock's grill like Tobey SM did on the clocktower in SM2, then yes, Ock gets fileted.

However, Ock has the capability to keep T'Challa at range and bat him away with his tentacles, and - as he did to Tobey SM - restrain him with his tentacles. While Doc Ock attempted to crush Spider-Man's head, he could take T'Challa's suit if he grabs the necklace, though he would have to deduce that.

So, if T'Challa gets up close, he should win, as he can slice up Doc's body, which is only human.

If Ock keeps T'Challa at a distance, smacks him around, and restrains him, he should win if he can find out the necklace trick or use his tentacles to do something like snap T'Challa's neck. However, if the rhino or the fall into the vibranium mine couldn't cause enough blunt force trauma to incap BP, don't know if Ock can do it, though he can sustain an attack continuously against T'Challa.

Yeah true, Octopus' would require to keep BP away.

How would Octopus defeat BP though? The suit should be able to withstand Octopus' attacks.

I don't know if removing the necklace is even possible. T'Challa never tried it on Killmonger in the final battle, and T'Challa knows how the suits work, so it would be reasonable to think that if it was possible T'Challa would have tried so.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 03:31 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

cosmic armbar ftw big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 05:01 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Ock beats him. Someone significantly faster and stronger than BP struggled with him. There is no way BP gets a single hit in. Hell, Ock could just restrain each of BP's limbs with his arms (he restrained Spidey and Spidey couldn't muscle out of it; he had to use his webs) and take off the necklace if he has to.

However, if the rhino or the fall into the vibranium mine couldn't cause enough blunt force trauma to incap BP, don't know if Ock can do it, though he can sustain an attack continuously against T'Challa.
Ock took a similar fall off a skyscraper before the train fight. That combined with the fact that he took hits from Spidey means BP will have a hard time damaging him too (if he even had the reflexes to navigate the arms or any kind of chance to actually hit Ock, which he doesn't). BP would have a hell of a time trying to hurt him without using the claws, and I don't remember BP ever actually cutting or ripping into people. That seems like something he's pretty against. The one time he almost did it in the movie to Killmonger, he decided not to, so I don't think that's really in character.

BP is out of his league here.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 05:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He straight up tried to murder Bucky with the claws several times. Cap would've gotten them too if not for his shield. What are you talking about?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 05:31 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Wasn't he bloodlusted at the time because of his fathers death? That was all leading up to his character moment at the end of the movie, and he didn't do it once after during his own movie. The one time he almost did, he decided against it. He grew into quite the pacifist.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 05:41 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
cosmic armbar ftw big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Game, blouses. Just ask Silver Surfer smokin'

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 06:24 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ock beats him. Someone significantly faster and stronger than BP struggled with him. There is no way BP gets a single hit in. Hell, Ock could just restrain each of BP's limbs with his arms (he restrained Spidey and Spidey couldn't muscle out of it; he had to use his webs) and take off the necklace if he has to.

Ock took a similar fall off a skyscraper before the train fight. That combined with the fact that he took hits from Spidey means BP will have a hard time damaging him too (if he even had the reflexes to navigate the arms or any kind of chance to actually hit Ock, which he doesn't). BP would have a hell of a time trying to hurt him without using the claws, and I don't remember BP ever actually cutting or ripping into people. That seems like something he's pretty against. The one time he almost did it in the movie to Killmonger, he decided not to, so I don't think that's really in character.

BP is out of his league here.

Yep, forgot about the fall, and yep, the PIS was strong with the Raimi/Maguire SM trilogy sometimes.

So, Ock has the better stats, his tentacles, and is the superior combatant here, but BP has his own (considerable) enhancements combined with his suit.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 06:27 PM
John Murdoch

Yeah true, Octopus' would require to keep BP away.

How would Octopus defeat BP though? The suit should be able to withstand Octopus' attacks.

I don't know if removing the necklace is even possible. T'Challa never tried it on Killmonger in the final battle, and T'Challa knows how the suits work, so it would be reasonable to think that if it was possible T'Challa would have tried so.

Ya, a straight-up fight goes to Ock, but that's the question is can Ock incap T'Challa while he is wearing the suit? All T'Challa needs to do - even if it takes getting thrown around for half an hour - is get up close. One or two good swipes to a vital of Doc Ock = death.

That's the two main possibilities I see: Ock finding a way to outright beat BP or take his necklace, or BP waits for the time for a good strike or two to win.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 06:29 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

BP basically has a puncher's chance. If he can get inside Ock's attacks then all he needs is a few good swipes to take out Ock.

Problem is if Ock is strong and fast enough to keep up with Spidey then he should be quite a ways faster and stronger than BP, and he shouldn't have any issues simply catching BP's arms and hold him spread eagled. From there he can easily snap BP's neck or just strangle him.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:25 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Ya, a straight-up fight goes to Ock, but that's the question is can Ock incap T'Challa while he is wearing the suit? All T'Challa needs to do - even if it takes getting thrown around for half an hour - is get up close. One or two good swipes to a vital of Doc Ock = death.

That's the two main possibilities I see: Ock finding a way to outright beat BP or take his necklace, or BP waits for the time for a good strike or two to win.

Also remember that the suit can repulse KE. That would complicate things up, since Octopus wouldn't be able to strike T'Challa without getting bomb explosions in return.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:27 AM
John Murdoch

Also remember that the suit can repulse KE. That would complicate things up, since Octopus wouldn't be able to strike T'Challa without getting bomb explosions in return.

Yes, this is another option for BP. Could generate an opening for T'Challa to strike at Ock.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:35 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yes, this is another option for BP. Could generate an opening for T'Challa to strike at Ock.

I wonder if BP's kinetic blasts would be powerful enough to amputate Oct's bionic arms.

I mean, we saw those explosions to be powerful enough to obliterate cars.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 12:37 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Don't forget Otto's unbreakable jaw lol. How he kept eating Spiderman's hits without dying still amuses me. I mean I know Pete traditionally holds back, but he couldn't even knock the guy out.

That was either PIS
or the fact that Spidey's powers were fluctuating.

Do Ock is an ordinary human (less than athletic).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:17 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote