KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » FOX vs. MCU

FOX vs. MCU
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

FOX vs. MCU

Marvel combatants face off

Legion
Silver Surfer
Phoenix
Apocalypse

Vs.

Thor
Vision
Hela
Doctor Strange

*Strange has the Eye
*Thor is post Ragnarok
*David has his morals off
*Jean is composite

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 08:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hmmm... I honestly can't call this. Both teams have some pretty big hax on their side. You have things like the Eye on team 2, but then you have Legion on team 1, who has messed around with time before as well, on top of the other grab bag of abilities he has. Then you have characters with insane healing factors, that needed plot elements to lose, like Hela and Apoc. And that's not even getting into all the other powers a lot of these guys have that are somewhat broken.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:41 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McNasty996

I'm going to go with Fox team 7-8/10, Vision is going to be the biggestg problem on team 2 in my opinion but There's enough Psychics to deal with that and the Surfer who seems to have a similar powered but amped up

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:57 AM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by McNasty996
I'm going to go with Fox team 7-8/10, Vision is going to be the biggestg problem on team 2 in my opinion but There's enough Psychics to deal with that and the Surfer who seems to have a similar powered but amped up

Surfer could easily handle Vision, Power Cosmic is more then enough to overcome one of the weaker infinity stones.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:45 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im tired of this idea here that "oh strange wins endless time loop." That means he loses tolaughing out loud

Dont know why people dont understand that.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:47 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I still wonder how mutant telepathy would react to something like the Mind Stone, and how it would affect alien beings. I mean we saw that Asgardians can be affected by at least some forms of telepathy (such as when Wanda messed with Thor's head during AoU), but not sure if mutant powers would work the same. I don't think we can say either way for sure, really. But if it did, Legion could probably start some Astral Plane shenanigans. Dr Strange is a human though, so he's fair game.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 7th, 2018 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:21 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'd say Team MCU because Strange can bfr them to the Dark Dimension with Dormammu, or trap them in the Mirror Dimension, or trap them in a time loop. None of the FOX characters have dealt with magic as of yet.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:36 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd say Team MCU because Strange can bfr them to the Dark Dimension with Dormammu, or trap them in the Mirror Dimension, or trap them in a time loop. None of the FOX characters have dealt with magic as of yet.

Originally posted by Blindside12
Im tired of this idea here that "oh strange wins endless time loop." That means he loses tolaughing out loud

Dont know why people dont understand that.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:40 PM
Impediment
Endless

With the Time Gem, MCU wins.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The infinity stones are above anything the X Men verse have shown. They get wrecked.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:36 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Apparently Blindside doesn't understand how time works. Even if they lose, Strange reverses time, cancelling the loss as it now never happened. And he can do it infinitely.

Even if they become aware of it, it still never happened.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:39 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Strange could also decide to age them all until they die....Not only time loops.

lol.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:43 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McNasty996

My main issue with the Strange and Time gem issue is that it takes time to set up (Kascilius came close to stabbing him in the heart before it kicked in).

That amount of time while negligible in a longer battle is alot longer than the Psychics need to freeze or drag them to the Astral Realm where strange is the only who's who's proven to be able to do something and he can't use the gem there.

And Legion has proven to be able to teleport between the Astral realm and the real world so there's also a chance he could teleport everyone back from the Mirror Dimension if Strange goes that route(just a theory)

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 7th, 2018 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:00 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

My main issue with the Strange and Time gem issue is that it takes time to set up(Kascilius came close to stabbing him in the heart before it kicked in).

That amount of time while negligible in a longer battle is alot longer than the Psychics need to freeze or drag them to the Astral Realm where strange is the only who's who's proven to be able to do something and he can't use the gem there.

And Legion has proven to be able to teleport between the Astral realm and the real world so there's also a chance he could teleport everyone back from the Mirror Dimension if Strange goes that route(just a theory)

Why shouldn't the gem work there??

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:02 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Legion is kind of a wildcard here, because even towards the end of S1 he was only beginning to tap into his full power.

Also, he seemingly has extremely fast reactions/perception, as he was able to catch multiple machine gun bullets, while his back was turned, after he pulled everyone from the astral plane the one time. Either that, or he altered reality to put them in his hand.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:09 PM
McNasty996

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Why shouldn't the gem work there??

I think that it would work, my issue with it is Strange having the time/concentration to pull it off in a battle full of people who quickdraw their abilities

EDIT: Sorry, I read that wrong. I believe that in the movie strange couldn't interact with Physical Objects only interact with others in the realm or have things effect him from the outside(the shock from the Paddles)

And I agree with Vault in that Legion is I need the Wildcard, we don't really know all he can do and based on his few showings(The 2nd episode where he turns the dorrs in walls) he either is an extremely skilled Matter Manipulator or a low scale reality warped(again just a theory) but the implication is huge

Last edited by McNasty996 on Mar 7th, 2018 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:16 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Strange could also decide to age them all until they die....Not only time loops.

lol.

Silver doesn’t age tho

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:20 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

How good is Phoenix's telepathy? Could she just shut down the MCU team like Xavier does humans?

Also, even if Strange reverses time, couldn't Phoenix just peruse his mind to learn what he learned from the previous encounter?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:18 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I dunno man. From the MCU side, only Strange is the threat.

SS alone could probably solo Hela (phasing > her), Thor (power for power SS >>> Thor) and Vision (seeing as Vision seemed vulnerable to SW’s matter manip and SS has that in spades).

Then you get Phoenix (matter manip, telepathy and TK) and Apoc/Legion (matter manip and tons of exotics). I dunno, seems pretty uber stacked on the Fox side.

I, of course, might be missing something here so I’m still very much open to arguments that can change my mind.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:26 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Silver doesn’t age tho

Yeah Silver doesn't age...Or at least not to my knowledge.

Isn't like Strange has to defeat all of them.

I think that it would work, my issue with it is Strange having the time/concentration to pull it off in a battle full of people who quickdraw their abilities

EDIT: Sorry, I read that wrong. I believe that in the movie strange couldn't interact with Physical Objects only interact with others in the realm or have things effect him from the outside(the shock from the Paddles)

And I agree with Vault in that Legion is I need the Wildcard, we don't really know all he can do and based on his few showings(The 2nd episode where he turns the dorrs in walls) he either is an extremely skilled Matter Manipulator or a low scale reality warped(again just a theory) but the implication is huge

Well i doubt Strange would be their first target considering Hela and Thor being such a big threat.

Strange only needs a couple of seconds to summon it, then they are all screwed.

Fox has little to no chances here.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:58 PM