KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Badlands: Cyan the Abbot vs. Pilgrim

Badlands: Cyan the Abbot vs. Pilgrim
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tongue Badlands: Cyan the Abbot vs. Pilgrim

H2H

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 14th, 2018 06:00 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hard to say. Pilgrim was able to shut Castor down, but I am not sure if that would work on an actual trained Abbot like Cyan, and Pilgrim has yet to show the physicals to actually best a Dark One in battle. If he can shut Cyan's gift down though, then he has a shot.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 02:59 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hard to say. Pilgrim was able to shut Castor down, but I am not sure if that would work on an actual trained Abbot like Cyan, and Pilgrim has yet to show the physicals to actually best a Dark One in battle. If he can shut Cyan's gift down though, then he has a shot.

How come? Pilgrim has yet to show anything to rival the top fighters in Badlands, neither physicals nor skills. So even if he shuts Cyan's gift down, how is he going to beat a guy who can over power Sunny physically and match him in skill

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:33 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
How come? Pilgrim has yet to show anything to rival the top fighters in Badlands, neither physicals nor skills. So even if he shuts Cyan's gift down, how is he going to beat a guy who can over power Sunny physically and match him in skill

Well, when he uses his skill, it actually seems to do more than just shut down their gift. MK seemed to have a moment of disorienation when Pilgrim did it to him, and Castor flat-out passed out. And he looked easily as good as the Widow when fighting Gaius' men, despite having no weapons. Also, I am kind of factoring in implied power, because he still lacks some showings. Because, during some behind the scenes interviews, the Pilgrim was described as someone who could hold his own against the very toughest the Badlands had to offer. So, Pilgrim is meant to be one of the top dogs.

Given what we have seen and have been told so far, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he spanks Sunny when he gets there, and that Sunny will need his [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Catalyst abilities unlocked to win.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And just to stay in the Badlands theme of a few other threads, Pilgrim definitely takes this now IMO. Not only can he shut down other Dark Ones, but he took Henry's abilities as well. So, he can go Dark One mode but prevent anyone who faces him from doing so. OP bastard.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:41 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah. Sunny's gonna have to have Bajee help him re-discover his own Dark One powers and figure out a way past Pilgrim's shut down as well. At this point he's the most powerful person in the series, probably only matched by the Master due to her sheer experience with the Dark Gift and being able to do stuff no one else can.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:22 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I don't know. The fact that she felt the need to recruit Minerva again suggests that the Pilgrim might be too much for even her at this point. I mean that alone should indicate his threat level. When the Master of the Dark Ones, who has apparently been around for quite some time (IIRC, the girl who was training MK in s2 mentioned she has been around for over a century, and she was already in charge when Bajie was taken to the monastery as a kid, and he is close to middle-age now), and who can do everything from heal herself to TK arrow barrages thinks this guy is a massive threat, he probably is.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 9th, 2018 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:26 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He's definitely a threat on his own but I think its more she needs elites in her army to fight his soon to be army of dark ones.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:41 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Possibly. And I also have a feeling Bajie might become another unlikely ally. I mean I know there is no love loss there (especially after Sunny, Bajie, MK and the girl who ran away with him killed her Abbots, and then Bajie and MK broke into the monastery and made all the trainee Dark Ones go berserk in the dining hall), but he is also very clearly against Pilgrim and his agenda, so they will have to take whatever allies they can get.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:10 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it gets renewed...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 01:42 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

There are at least 8 episodes left. S3 is 16 episodes, split into 2 halves. The show is currently on a mid-season break. Which is something a lot of shows (annoyingly) seem to be doing nowadays. Still waiting for Vikings to continue as well.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 02:49 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Blah, actually just had a check around. Could be waiting until like September before getting the second half of the season. Though, to be fair, I imagine that shooting this show is quite time-consuming. Doing all the set-building, costume design, not to mention all the complicated choreography and action set pieces, takes a lot of work.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 05:21 AM
HulkIsHulk

Well that means I can just stop checking in on for more episodes for a few months. Noice

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 09:02 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote