KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is a better strategist ? lex luthor vs Thanos

Who is a better strategist ? lex luthor vs Thanos
Started by: Single-Cell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Single-Cell

Who is a better strategist ? lex luthor vs Thanos

lex luthor from Batman V Superman against Thanos from Infinity War , who is better in making strategies ?

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:30 PM
Single-Cell is currently offline Click here to Send Single-Cell a Private Message Find more posts by Single-Cell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Thanos didn't have strategies. His method of winning was to throw an army at everything or just show up, stomp everyone, and take the stone.

Lex, despite how much I hate this incarnation of him, at least had a plan he carried out as by himself, and he figured out/exploited the fact that Lois was Supes' weakness.

PWNT

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:11 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thanos didn't have strategies. His method of winning was to throw an army at everything or just show up, stomp everyone, and take the stone.

Lex, despite how much I hate this incarnation of him, at least had a plan he carried out as by himself, and he figured out/exploited the fact that Lois was Supes' weakness.
False, he used Gamora to locate the soul stone. Lex failed despite his shitty plan of attempting to bring down Superman. Thanos achieved a goal despite his army’s failure. He did it himself. Thanos faced much stiffer competition than what Lex was up against.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

If Superman or Batman had exercised an ounce of common-sense, Lex's plans would have completely failed.

That said, Thanos didn't exactly make any elaborate plans himself. He blackmailed Loki by torturing Thor, blackmailed Gamora by torturing Nebula, but that's pretty much it. Of course, Thanos didn't need any elaborate planning because he was strong enough to just take what he wanted.

So taking that into account, I'd have to give Thanos the default win. It's better to have no plan than be the one with an idiotic plan.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:54 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Thanos

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Luthor. The only reason superman is alive is because his adopted mom shares the same name as Martha Wayne, plus technically superman was dead by the end of the film, so......

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:49 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Luthor. The only reason superman is alive is because his adopted mom shares the same name as Martha Wayne, plus technically superman was dead by the end of the film, so......
Necause Luthor wanted to be locked up by the end. Thanos prevailed against better competition. This isn’t close. Universal goal not a planetary one, kid.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:51 PM
Silent Master

Bottom line, Thanos succeeded. Luthor failed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:01 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Silent Master
Bottom line, Thanos succeeded. Luthor failed.

Luthor didn't fail, Superman died at the end of BvS; did you even watch the movie??

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:04 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So being sent to jail and Batman surviving were part of his plan?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:15 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Thanos has failed multiple times as well. And his “win” in IW is only temporary. Seems a silly way to decide which is the better strategist based on that.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't remember Thanos failing in IW, what scenes are you talking about?

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
Thanos has failed multiple times as well. And his “win” in IW is only temporary. Seems a silly way to decide which is the better strategist based on that.
When did he fail ? What villain in either comic universe faced more heroes and greater power than Thanos? You’re an idiot.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:48 PM
Flyattractor

You have to say Thanos but that is only because of Plot Armor and WIS. Or should that be WIL?

But yeah. He is Plotted to win so the writers don't have to really TRY to do it well.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You have to say Thanos but that is only because of Plot Armor and WIS. Or should that be WIL?

But yeah. He is Plotted to win so the writers don't have to really TRY to do it well.

Thanos won Lex didn’t. Thanos faced more heroes, greater heroes, more powerful heroes and still came out on top whereas a Luthor didn’t. It’s ok that the dc guy loses to the MCU guy. It’s been happening at the box office for a decade now.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:57 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos won Lex didn’t. Thanos faced more heroes, greater heroes, more powerful heroes and still came out on top whereas a Luthor didn’t. It’s ok that the dc guy loses to the MCU guy. It’s been happening at the box office for a decade now.

He won in Avg:Inf Part 1. Will he win in Part 2? Which is just the continuation of the same story?

And I don't think you care as much about the Characters in these movies as you say you do wheras you what you really care about is having a brand to back and pretend that You matter with in it.

Which You really don't.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He won in Avg:Inf Part 1. Will he win in Part 2? Which is just the continuation of the same story?

And I don't think you care as much about the Characters in these movies as you say you do wheras you what you really care about is having a brand to back and pretend that You matter with in it.

Which You really don't.
It is two different films. What the **** are you even talking about ? Dude, are you ok? Thanos prevailed against greater heroes and more of them than the pitiful Luthor.

Dude, I do care unlike you which is why no one respects or likes you. You care for nothing and are nothing. You’re a loser.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:07 PM
Flyattractor

Luthor didn't have an All Purpose MacGuffin Glove. And Luthor in other Stories has WON against the Heroes. These are JUST Stories. Thanos ISN"t a Real Person. This is just like Wrestling on TV. Or do you think that is real too?

Thanos WON because the Story required it. He will Lose when the Story requires it.

Take a Step into reality some time Quanny Boy.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Luthor didn't have an All Purpose MacGuffin Glove. And Luthor in other Stories has WON against the Heroes. These are JUST Stories. Thanos ISN"t a Real Person. This is just like Wrestling on TV. Or do you think that is real too?

Thanos WON because the Story required it. He will Lose when the Story requires it.

Take a Step into reality some time Quanny Boy.
Thanos got the stones. The heroes had some of them as well you turd. Thanos won Luthor lost. Facts. Thanos wins based off facts. Just like your political leanings you don’t seem to care about facts. You’re a loser.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:11 PM