KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard

Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard

In this scenario, Loki never deposed Odin and sent him to Earth. Odin found out about Loki's scheme and locked him up in his old prison cell. Thor returns to Asgard and warns Odin of impending Ragnarok and Odin takes this warning seriously. Asgard's shields are turned on and all its warriors are put on high alert. Even Loki is allowed out of his prison to fight for Asgard.

Thanos with his army and the Black Order then arrive on Asgard aiming to retrieve the Tesseract. Thanos already has the power stone at this point. Will Thanos be victorious in acquiring the space stone?

Can he and his army beat Odin, Thor, and the full might of Asgard?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Hard to say with Odin as his power is heavily implied and light on feats. If you throw Hela in there as well. I would definitely say Asgard wins.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:28 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Hard to say with Odin as his power is heavily implied and light on feats. If you throw Hela in there as well. I would definitely say Asgard wins.

I'd love to but it wouldn't make sense in my scenario. Hela can only escape her prison if Odin is dead. Would you say Asgard stands a better chance at survival if Hela was at its head instead of Odin?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm assuming this is classic Thor?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:09 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'm assuming this is classic Thor?

Yup, w/ Mjolnir and all.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:11 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Well Odin beat hela, so I imagine he's of comparable strength/power. With his boys and their secret vault I'm sure they can win.

Quick question, there was a fake infinity gauntlet in the vault, so they might already know it's design/weaknesses. When was the gauntlet made?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:11 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Your average Asgardian warrior is probably far superior to your average Thanos army foot-trooper (eg Chitauri).

But it's stated (not shown) that Thanos' army is the most massive. So quantity is in Thanos' favor, while quality is in Asgards.

Probably comes down if the top tier of Asgard, Odin, Thor, Heimdall and The Warriors can take down Thanos (using the power-stone) and his children.

edit: Is Odin allowed to use the space stone?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 16th, 2018 at 05:34 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
In this scenario, Loki never deposed Odin and sent him to Earth. Odin found out about Loki's scheme and locked him up in his old prison cell. Thor returns to Asgard and warns Odin of impending Ragnarok and Odin takes this warning seriously. Asgard's shields are turned on and all its warriors are put on high alert. Even Loki is allowed out of his prison to fight for Asgard.

Thanos with his army and the Black Order then arrive on Asgard aiming to retrieve the Tesseract. Thanos already has the power stone at this point. Will Thanos be victorious in acquiring the space stone?

Can he and his army beat Odin, Thor, and the full might of Asgard?

Thanos with the Power Stone has enough power to obliterate Asgard.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:35 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Thanos with the Power Stone has enough power to obliterate Asgard.

Even though Odin has access to Space stone and all the other artifacts stored on Asgard?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:38 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Even though Odin has access to Space stone and all the other artifacts stored on Asgard?

Aye.

The Space Stone can't be used directly. You'd need a machine or gauntlet to harvest it's properties.

Also, the Space stone is concerned with warping space and not really a good stone for power/damage output.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:41 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Red Skull and Dr. Arnim Zola used the Space Stone's energy to build weapons.

Loki used the Mind Stone to fire energy blast, as did Vison. Seems the stones are capable of more than the realm of their scope. If Ronan could harness the Power Stone's power by slapping it onto his hammer, stands to reason Odin could do similar.

edit: Odin's missing an eye, there's an empty socket for the Space Stone stick out tongue

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 16th, 2018 at 06:54 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
Red Skull and Dr. Arnim Zola used the Space Stone's energy to build weapons.

Loki used the Mind Stone to fire energy blast, as did Vison. Seems the stones are capable of more than the realm of their scope. If Ronan could harness the Power Stone's power by slapping it onto his hammer, stands to reason Odin could do similar.

edit: Odin's missing an eye, there's an empty socket for the Space Stone stick out tongue

All the Infinity Stones are energy sources. You could harvest their energy if correctly done.

However the Power Stone is concerned with power. It's energy capabilities exceed the other stones, and is a better power source.

The Power Stone can effortlessly obliterate planets. Such energy can't be harvested from other Stones.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 07:04 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Aye.

The Space Stone can't be used directly. You'd need a machine or gauntlet to harvest it's properties.

Also, the Space stone is concerned with warping space and not really a good stone for power/damage output.

That's a whole lot of conjecture without a whole lot of proof.

Thor used the Tesseract directly at the end of Avengers to transport him and Loki back to Earth.

Vision uses the mindstone directly to create devastating blasts.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 07:08 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos and his army along with the Black Order is simply too much. Asgard is mighty but a Thanos at the helm with his warriors all united by his side. Those creatures set loose on wakanda would route the regular asgardians. You’d have all sorts of leviathans and chitauri decimating the asgardians. Hela wouldn’t want to accept her fate but Thanos would break her. If we include Malekith and his forces things would become more interesting if they all combined forces to take on the mad Titan but the result would be the same.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 07:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

That's a whole lot of conjecture without a whole lot of proof.

Thor used the Tesseract directly at the end of Avengers to transport him and Loki back to Earth.

Vision uses the mindstone directly to create devastating blasts.

For someone who's knowledge on the Marvel Landscape is scarce yes.

The Space stone isn't a power output gem. It controls Space, as the name suggest. Energies can be retrieved from it, but never to the extend of the Power Stone.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:06 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

For someone who's knowledge on the Marvel Landscape is scarce yes.

The Space stone isn't a power output gem. It controls Space, as the name suggest. Energies can be retrieved from it, but never to the extend of the Power Stone.

Yet I've just proven that the Tesseract and mind stone can be used directly contrary to what you were claiming.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:07 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yet I've just proven that the Tesseract and mind stone can be used directly contrary to what you were claiming.

Prove the Mind stone and Tessaract can be used directly, and not [B] as i claimed, "With the use of an artefact or aparatus".

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:17 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

In the comics Thanos is slaughtered like a sheep. In the movies he still loses. There is a reason Thanos waited for Odin to die before attempting this plan. He was not powerful enough. Odin, Hela AND THOR? Lol. Also, Odin can wield all his artifacts....its simply too much. Thanos and crew are dead.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:17 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
In the comics Thanos is slaughtered like a sheep. In the movies he still loses. There is a reason Thanos waited for Odin to die before attempting this plan. He was not powerful enough. Odin, Hela AND THOR? Lol. Also, Odin can wield all his artifacts....its simply too much. Thanos and crew are dead.

Your ignorance once again has been noted.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:19 PM
Silent Master

Here is Vision using the mind stone directly.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:22 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote