KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Best Comic Trilogy

Best Comic Trilogy
Started by: WolvesofBabylon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Best Comic Trilogy

Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Nolan Batman
XMen Old Class
Xmen New Class
Wolverine

How would you rank these?
For me

Captain America(Winter Soldier is my favorite MCU movie and i really like Civil War, First Avenger was good, not great but not a bad film in the trilogy in my opinion)

Nolan Batman( Begins really good, Dark Knight great, Rises was average)

Avengers( 1 was really good and IW is my number 2 or 3 but AOU was a real disappointment for me but IW keeps this in third)

As for the rest

X Men New Class( mainly cause Fassbender and Mcavoy are great, First two were really good and Apocalye was decent)

Iron Man( 3 was so bad otherwise this would be ahead of Xmen)

Next two have 1 really good movie(Ragnarok and Logan and two below average movies ) but I like Ragnarok more so Thor

Wolverine

Xmen Old Class

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:57 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Dark Knight Trilogy:

on the strength of the first two films alone this trilogy easily takes the top spot; not too hot on some of the story choices in the third movie but its still a solid solid film; closest thing to a perfect trilogy outside of LOTR

Captain America:

very close in quality to the DK Trilogy; Caps story arc is fantastic but for two of three films Cap doesn't stand on his own and while thats great from a fan perspective it makes it seem like he cant hold a series of films on his own and seeing as TFA is the weakest by default of the three there may be some credence to that theory...

Avengers:

great great event films but the sotyr is lessened and I get that its a product of the episodic structure of these films but it hurts them in comparison to the two superior film trilogies above. Even though Infinity War is probably the greatest pure CBM of all time.

X Men (2010s):

fantastic cast and great films until you get to the third one...
Iron Man:

purely based on the goodwill from the first movie and RDJs charisma as the latter two films sucked.

X Men (2000s):

great cast but only the second film warrants any merit today. The third was trash and the first was too boring and muted.

Thor:

All three movies range from OK to awful to be honest and the only reason they rank above Wolverine is because Thor is actually a vital part of the MCU and his story was a necessary one to be told

Wolverine:

two good films, one really shitty one but overall a totally unnecessary bunch of films as everything that needed to be said about Logan was said in the main X films

Old Post May 30th, 2018 07:52 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Captain America Trilogy.
Avengers Trilogy.
Dark Knight Trilogy.

In that order.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 30th, 2018 12:53 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Nolan Batman
XMen Old Class
Xmen New Class
Wolverine

How would you rank these?
For me

Captain America(Winter Soldier is my favorite MCU movie and i really like Civil War, First Avenger was good, not great but not a bad film in the trilogy in my opinion)

Nolan Batman( Begins really good, Dark Knight great, Rises was average)

Avengers( 1 was really good and IW is my number 2 or 3 but AOU was a real disappointment for me but IW keeps this in third)

As for the rest

X Men New Class( mainly cause Fassbender and Mcavoy are great, First two were really good and Apocalye was decent)

Iron Man( 3 was so bad otherwise this would be ahead of Xmen)

Next two have 1 really good movie(Ragnarok and Logan and two below average movies ) but I like Ragnarok more so Thor

Wolverine

Xmen Old Class

Avengers Trilogy
Captain America/Dark Knight Trilogy
Iron Man Trig.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

1. Avengers - the massive scale, difficulty and success of these movies put them in a completely different category.
2. Captain America
3. TDK/Thor - Hard for me to choose between these two. TDK had better acting and was more polished whereas Thor was more rewatchable and had way better action scenes.
5. Ironman
6. X-men New Class - this would have been quite higher if it wasn't for Apocalypse.
7. Wolverine - this would have taken last place if it wasn't for Logan
8. X-men Old class

Old Post May 30th, 2018 04:30 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Cap: WS is my favorite superhero movie. CW was great. FA was meh but the following 2 movies made me forget the shortcomings of the first.
Avengers: First was great. Second was disappointing. Third was awesome in scale but used the ol' tired-by-now "big battle" set piece.
TDK: First was great. Second was great (surprised me on how good it was, thinking that Ledger would eff up the Joker). Third was such a disappointment, it kinda tarnished how I felt for the first 2 a bit (fell asleep during the movie).
Spiderman (Tobey): First was great. Second was great. Third was a big disappointment.
X-Men: First Class: First was a fun movie. Second was great. Third was disappointing but not bad.
Iron Man: First movie set the trend for superhero movies. Second wasn't so bad. Third was just facepalm bad.
Blade: Loved first 2. Third left bad taste in mouth. Doesn't age well, IMO.
Thor: First movie was Meh. Second was ugh. Third was good enough to compensate for the first 2.
Superman/BvS/JLA: First movie wasn't bad. Second one was a disaster. Third one was not as bad as the 2nd but was mediocre for what it should have been.
Wolverine: Hated first 2. Logan was the saving grace but not close to good enough to compensate for first 2.
X-Men: Not bad. Meh. Dafuq.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 04:46 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Forgot about Spiderman. Id put that between Avengers and Xmen New. Spiderman 2 was amazing but 3 was equally as bad

Old Post May 30th, 2018 05:01 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Raimi's Spidey trilogy is in my top 3. Even if I absolutely hated 3 and it drags the others down, 2 was so good it drags the trilogy back up for me.

PWNT

Old Post May 30th, 2018 05:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Avengers trilogy hands down.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 05:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Nibedicus
X-Men: Not bad. Meh. Dafuq.

Hey, is this the subtitle for the next Bryan Singer X-Men film???? laughing out loud

It seems the top two in this thread are undoubtedly the TDK and Cap trilogies. I agree.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 06:41 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

It's crazy that Blade was THE FIRST Marvel trilogy released.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 06:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by John Murdoch
It's crazy that Blade was THE FIRST Marvel trilogy released.
Poor Blade. People never bring him up when they talk about the revitalization of the comic movie industry. He's basically the guy that saved us from the terrible Marvel films in the early days and the Batman and Robins of the world.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 07:22 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Theres some really great ones. Not sure how id rank my fav, except by ranking their weakest instalments (which they all have 1).

So going by that:

1) Cap trilogy
2) TDK trilogy
3) Avengers trilogy
4) X-Men New class trilogy
5) Thor trilogy

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote