KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Is Kal-El now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

Is Kal-El now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??
Started by: The Spectre+

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Is kal-el now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

So We Saw when Diana tried using her lasso (which works with magic and mind control) to bring supes to his senses. But apparently it didnt work. Now Could That Be As A Result Of The Motherbox Being Used To "resurrect" Him ? Or Has He On His Own Bcom Invulnerable To Magic/mind Control.confused erm

Just Want To Know Your Thoughts.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 07:47 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Re: Is kal-el now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Spectre+
So We Saw when Diana tried using her lasso (which works with magic and mind control) to bring supes to his senses. But apparently it didnt work. Now Could That Be As A Result Of The Motherbox Being Used To "resurrect" Him ? Or Has He On His Own Bcom Invulnerable To Magic/mind Control.confused erm

Thought the thing only made you tell the truth?

When she said: "Remember who you are", The lasso went "Syntax error".

stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2018 07:49 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, since the sissyboi went gah gah for Lois as soon as he saw her. Lois owns Kal.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 07:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Is kal-el now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Thought the thing only made you tell the truth?

When she said: "Remember who you are", The lasso went "Syntax error".

stick out tongue

yeah, but in that context she presumably wanted him to see reality,more like to come to terms with what he was doing..dunno... but i thought that the lasso is magical, but even it isnt, doesnt that still show supes has some resistance to mind control?

Old Post May 30th, 2018 08:02 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 08:04 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Re: Re: Re: Is kal-el now invulnerable to magic/mindcontrol based on JL movie scene??

yeah, but in that context she presumably wanted him to see reality,more like to come to terms with what he was doing..dunno... but i thought that the lasso is magical, but even it isnt, doesnt that still show supes has some resistance to mind control?

Yeah but that's not what the lasso's powers are. The lasso compels you to tell the truth and Superman wasn't telling any lies. So there's really nothing to show that Superman was resisting it.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 08:30 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Lol the fanboys are so desperate to give Superman the win over Thor they'll create a thread to try and prove he's invincible to magic.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:02 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Superman's brain was rebooting. Isn't like the Lasso didn't had an effect on him, but rather that his brain wasn't thinking properly and was like in a Zombie state.

It's like using the Lasso against a dog. Doesn't mean the dog is immune to magic just because the dog doesn't answer your questions.

wink

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:05 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think he ever showed he was particularly vulnerable to magic in any of the new DC universe movies.

So he stomps Thor unless you remove speed.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, he doesn’t since he’s always had his speed and been hit by much slower characters ie. Batman, Cyborg, Doomsday, WW, etc.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:27 PM
Silent Master

He's also never shown himself to be resistant or immune to magic either.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:27 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
He's also never shown himself to be resistant or immune to magic either.

True, but he doesn't need to really be immune. Plus his speed.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he doesn’t since he’s always had his speed and been hit by much slower characters ie. Batman, Cyborg, Doomsday, WW, etc.

IOW: Thor wins if Superman doesn't use his speed.

Awesome. And if Usain Bolt walks slowly and I sprint I could beat him in a race.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:29 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think he ever showed he was particularly vulnerable to magic in any of the new DC universe movies.

So he stomps Thor unless you remove speed.

No he doesn't. He stands a very good chance at beating Thor but it's not a stomp.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:32 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
No he doesn't. He stands a very good chance at beating Thor but it's not a stomp.

Did Thor get a speed boost? How does he react?

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:33 PM
Silent Master

True, but he doesn't need to really be immune. Plus his speed.

Other than quan, nobody is saying that Superman can't win.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

IOW: Thor wins if Superman doesn't use his speed.

Awesome. And if Usain Bolt walks slowly and I sprint I could beat him in a race.
He can use his speed but that won’t beat Thor. He does use speed against Steppenwolf and doesn’t beat him either. Thor can take it and he will counter. I see Thor winning the fight. Superman uses it in bursts only. I go by the facts not my imagination.

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
He can use his speed but that won’t beat Thor. He does use speed against Steppenwolf and doesn’t beat him either. Thor can take it and he will counter. I see Thor winning the fight. Superman uses it in bursts only. I go by the facts not my imagination.

He didn't need to use it. He treated Steppenwolf like a joke.

"Oh, this guy still bothering you?" Lol.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:35 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Did Thor get a speed boost? How does he react?

His AOEs and his lightning shields (which has been shown to automatically attack opponents in Ragnarok).

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:38 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

He didnt even feel the need to stay and fight Steppenwolf

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:38 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote