KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Steppenwolf vs Ares

Steppenwolf vs Ares
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

Steppenwolf vs Ares

Fight 1
Ares is as he first appeared (suit and tie)

Fight 2
Battlefield is the same the one WW fought Ares (lot of metal)

Steppenwolf gets his standard axe.

Who wins?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:39 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Steppen twice. Ares was not on his level

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:48 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Steppenwolf trashes him.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 03:13 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Ares has lightning, TK, and is durable as shit (WW's sword crumbled ash on his skin).

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 03:56 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Steppen twice. Ares was not on his level

Imo Ares was more impressive.
Lightning alone could possibly kill Steppenwolf.
Then he can lift Steppenwolf with tk (he controlled metal like Magneto)
He was shown to be more durable.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:02 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I feel like the DCEU villains have gotten steadily less impressive. You had Doomsday, who was a nigh-unstoppable Superman+ level opponent. Then a slight step down with full-powered Enchantress was conjuring up storms that was devastating huge areas, blasting apart satellites in orbit etc. Then Ares, who seemed like Magneto with super strength and such. And then Steppenwolf, who was basically a big brick with an axe.

The villains have become steadily more mediocre as the films have progressed IMO.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Ares has lightning, TK, and is durable as shit (WW's sword crumbled ash on his skin).

Why is some random sword crumbling to ash impressive?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:37 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I feel like the DCEU villains have gotten steadily less impressive. You had Doomsday, who was a nigh-unstoppable Superman+ level opponent. Then a slight step down with full-powered Enchantress was conjuring up storms that was devastating huge areas, blasting apart satellites in orbit etc. Then Ares, who seemed like Magneto with super strength and such. And then Steppenwolf, who was basically a big brick with an axe.

The villains have become steadily more mediocre as the films have progressed IMO.

Yeah, they are either over powered and retarded, or under powered and retarded.

Except for Zod, he was cool.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 06:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

the villains had potential to be REAL bad but dc messed things up; uncle stepps axe was EASILY cut in two DD had his limbs sliced from a sword we know nothing about&ares was completely obliterated by redirected lightening.
Its hard to really debate them in a fight.
well lemme just say uncle stepp wins this.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 06:15 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, they are either over powered and retarded, or under powered and retarded.

Except for Zod, he was cool.

Even Zod wasn't handled that great. I mean, he's supposed to be one of the greatest warriors of his race and then he gets outfought by a scientist and a farmboy whose never been in a fight in his life.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:14 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by FrothByte
Even Zod wasn't handled that great. I mean, he's supposed to be one of the greatest warriors of his race and then he gets outfought by a scientist and a farmboy whose never been in a fight in his life.

Well the farm boy was clearly better at using his powers.

The scientist made no sense though.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well the farm boy was clearly better at using his powers.

The scientist made no sense though.

Yes but they didn't show that. We didn't see Zod outskilling Clark like Faora did, neither did we see Clark beat Zod due to better mastery of his powers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with you. Just saying that we concluded Clark won via better mastery of his powers because that's the only logic that would make sense. But it certainly wasn't shown in their fight. Clark was matching Zod blow for blow.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 03:08 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes but they didn't show that. We didn't see Zod outskilling Clark like Faora did, neither did we see Clark beat Zod due to better mastery of his powers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with you. Just saying that we concluded Clark won via better mastery of his powers because that's the only logic that would make sense. But it certainly wasn't shown in their fight. Clark was matching Zod blow for blow.

yeah its called classic DCEU. At least now. shifty

Last edited by The Spectre+ on Jun 11th, 2018 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 03:22 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Agreed. Made no sense how Zod lost every encounter from Krypton to Earth in which he fought. Zod's losses were explained thru thematic and expository elements in the MoS, not shown feats.

Cinemasins pointed out in their Superman (maybe Superman II?) critique video that Jor-El giving the final sentence to banish Terrence Stamp and crew didn't make sense as he was just a scientist as well, not a judge.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:27 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

...Wasn't WW like Kryptonite to Ares????

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 05:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I mean I assume that just due to the fact that the other Krptonians could not fly.

Took Zod time to utilise speed and even heat vision.

So based on that even when he could use those 2 powers, Im gonna assume Kal was still the better adept at using his abilities.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 05:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean I assume that just due to the fact that the other Krptonians could not fly.

Took Zod time to utilise speed and even heat vision.

So based on that even when he could use those 2 powers, Im gonna assume Kal was still the better adept at using his abilities.

That's what I'm saying. We're assuming. Once Zod fully unlocked all his powers he was fighting pretty much the same way Kal was. They didn't show us that Zod was more skilled nor that Kal's power mastery was giving him the edge. At least with the Kal vs. Faora fight we saw that Superman had more powers at his disposal whereas Faora was outskilling him in a straight fight.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 05:27 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by h1a8
Imo Ares was more impressive.
Lightning alone could possibly kill Steppenwolf.
Then he can lift Steppenwolf with tk (he controlled metal like Magneto)
He was shown to be more durable.

In JL we see Steppenwolf (and Parademons I guess) fighting against Amazons, Atlanteans, Green Lanterns, and literal Olympian Gods. Zeus AND Ares were both present and neither was able to beat Steppenwolf himself. He was only defeated cuz they stopped the boxes from converging. So If Ares was his better, the rest wouldn't be needed.

And I know it was an all out war but the Parademons weren't all that so you'd think that the best fighters would target Steppen yet none were able to put him down. He is clearly intended to be superior to the old gods be quite a margen

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 10:37 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It would be interesting to see how Steppenwolf handles Ares' projectiles. Does he simply tank them?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Probably bulldoze and hurdle through them on his way to physically **** Ares up.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 01:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote