KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is the More VILLAINOUS? Joker or Thanos?

Who is the More VILLAINOUS? Joker or Thanos?
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Who is the More VILLAINOUS! Joker or Thanos?

Nods to that Other Thread.

Well? Which Character is actually the more THE VILLAIN?

(please log in to view the image)

VS

(please log in to view the image)

Which Character is actually more EVIL!?

Let the Shill Battle Commence?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This is hard to judge, because they have very different mindsets.

Thanos was very cold and calculated, and had a very specific/plan goal in mind.

The Joker, in comparison:

If we're going by destructive scale, Thanos wins. However, while the Joker didn't kill as many people, he corrupted someone into becoming a villain, which is another kind of evil in itself.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Kind of true, but if you have each the Inf Stones. Who would do the more EVIL things with it?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, we already know Thanos chose to commit universal-scale genocide. That's pretty far up there in terms of evil acts.

I am not sure the Joker would do something like that. Like he said, he's a dog chasing cars. If he caught one, what would he actually do with it? Joker seems like the kind of guy that, if he actually collected all the Stones, he'd try and have them destroyed or something just to troll anyone else who might want them for other plans.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Could Thano's reasoning behind his Genocide be considered truly Evil though or just horribly misguided?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:21 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Doesn't matter how he tries to justify it, mass-murder of innocents on a universal scale is phucked up.

Now, if it is a question of who does things specifically for bad reasons, then it's the Joker. Because he does things for the sake of causing chaos and destruction. Thanos actually thought he was doing the right thing.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:24 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Joker easily, he actually did stuff for the chaos and malice of it all. Thanos thought he was doing a good thing and he arguably was... You wouldn't see Joker cry having to kill somebody like Thanos did and you wouldn't see Joker even claiming to have any loved ones... except for his fake stories wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:43 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Thanos has some redeeming qualities and humanity in him.

The Joker is pure, unrestrained evil, with the only limitations to his malice being physical.

In terms of who is more villainous or evil, Joker easily.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If Joker has the IG he would literally torture the Galaxy.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 07:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Planet-sized pencils flying everywhere.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 08:34 AM
Silent Master

An argument could be made that the Joker isn't actually evil, he's just crazy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 08:45 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I look at it in D&D terms (yup, time to get extra nerdy).

Joker
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Thanos
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 08:56 AM
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I look at it in D&D terms (yup, time to get extra nerdy).

Joker
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Thanos
Alignment: Lawful Evil

100% agreed...

thumb up

Thanos thinks he's doing the right thing in his mind, so he's absolutely Lawful Evil as he's fully willing to hurt or kill anyone in his path to achieve his "greater good"...

Joker, on the other hand, knows what he does is completely and utterly wrong and doesn't give a d@m...

As a result, Joker is far more evil than Thanos...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 09:26 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos is dumb enough to believe he's doing something worth while. Joker just likes to burn shit.

Joker is more villainous, Thanos more naive.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 10:54 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yep. Joker is chaotic evil. Thanos is neutral evil.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 12:10 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Surtur
Thanos is dumb enough to believe he's doing something worth while. Joker just likes to burn shit.

Joker is more villainous, Thanos more naive.
I wouldn't go that far. Thanos is far from Dumb or naive. I think we're gonna get good reasoning for why he thought his was was the only way in the next film. IW certainly sets it up like there will be an explanation anyway.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 12:11 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor

There is no "if" lol. When the Joker got cosmic power(A 5D imps power) he did exactly that. Except not the galaxy, the universe.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I wouldn't go that far. Thanos is far from Dumb or naive. I think we're gonna get good reasoning for why he thought his was was the only way in the next film. IW certainly sets it up like there will be an explanation anyway.

I'm sure he thinks he has a good reason for it. Probably thinks he is fulfilling some cosmic balance or some silly shit.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:10 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, in a way, that's exactly what it was. He thought the universe had an overpopulation problem and not enough resources to go around. So, he decided to balance out the consumer-consumable ratio, so to speak.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, in a way, that's exactly what it was. He thought the universe had an overpopulation problem and not enough resources to go around. So, he decided to balance out the consumer-consumable ratio, so to speak.

Seems like he's just looking for excuses to be an evil dick. The IG could have solved that problem in loads of ways that didn't involve killing half the universe.

It's making me wish they just went with "he just wants to please death".

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:27 PM