KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist

Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist

The Suit case suit XLVI from Civil War

Same circumstances as the Bunker fight in Civil award

Round 1: H2H
Round 2: Tony can use his weapons

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:26 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
The Suit case suit XLVI from Civil War

Same circumstances as the Bunker fight in Civil award

Round 1: H2H
Round 2: Tony can use his weapons

H2H is where the real fight will take place.

Cage struggled with Diamondback.
Iron Fist should be beast, but i dont see him penetrating the suit.

Can Tony fly?

Weapons Tony should obliterate.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:28 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hmmm... 7 episodes into s2, so haven't got to any Iron Fist yet (though articles and photos released like a month or two ago implied at least a cameo). Luke has definitely shown a very clear improvement in both fighting skill and speed though. It's almost like he's a different guy to the one we saw in JJ s1, LC s1, and the Defenders in that regard. Guess going full-time hero has helped him dust off his skills a bit. Take the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bridge rematch between him and Bushmaster. He showed various striking, grappling, throwing techniques, a bit of ground game, as well as different counters and such, or when he initially rocked up in Brooklyn and was fairly casually blocking, ducking and dodging various attacks from Bushmaster's goons, just to give some examples.

Still got 6 more episodes to go though, so will see how things play out. Danny will have to get a pretty sizable upgrade from The Defenders in order to take the place of one of the Super Soldiers though.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:18 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Team wins the first fight
Tony wins the 2nd

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 08:11 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hmmm... 7 episodes into s2, so haven't got to any Iron Fist yet (though articles and photos released like a month or two ago implied at least a cameo). Luke has definitely shown a very clear improvement in both fighting skill and speed though. It's almost like he's a different guy to the one we saw in JJ s1, LC s1, and the Defenders in that regard. Guess going full-time hero has helped him dust off his skills a bit. Take the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bridge rematch between him and Bushmaster. He showed various striking, grappling, throwing techniques, a bit of ground game, as well as different counters and such, or when he initially rocked up in Brooklyn and was fairly casually blocking, ducking and dodging various attacks from Bushmaster's goons, just to give some examples.

Still got 6 more episodes to go though, so will see how things play out. Danny will have to get a pretty sizable upgrade from The Defenders in order to take the place of one of the Super Soldiers though.

Rand has a few good moments in season 2 of Cage but nothing to suggest he can take out one of the super soldiers unless during his own show he majorly improves

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 02:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I saw the episode where Danny rocks up. And I can see more than a few MCU Power Man and Iron Fist team up threads coming in the near future. Those two actually make a pretty formidable pair. Especially considering "pat-a-cake". Though the fact that Luke can [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stonewall an Iron Fist punch powerful enough that just the shockwave alone KO'd a whole group of thugs is kind of insane.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 03:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, I am also assuming that "same circumstances" means Tony is also an emotional wreck and suffering from PIS? Because that's basically why he lost in the film lol.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 03:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I saw the episode where Danny rocks up. And I can see more than a few MCU Power Man and Iron Fist team up threads coming in the near future. Those two actually make a pretty formidable pair. Especially considering "pat-a-cake". Though the fact that Luke can [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stonewall an Iron Fist punch powerful enough that just the shockwave alone KO'd a whole group of thugs is kind of insane.

that scene rocked.. i've watched that scene a few times now... when luke guest stars in Iron Fist I'm hopeful a similar scene happens

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 06:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Honestly, it might be one of my favourite MCU Netflix fights at this point. Choreography was on point, great background music, and it ended with a great climax. And, as someone pointed out on another site, they actually do [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a version of "Get help" from Thor: Ragnarok when Luke throws Danny at the last 2 guys lol. Though Danny does it with more style than Loki.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 07:42 PM
HulkIsHulk

And, as someone pointed out on another site, they actually do [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a version of "Get help" from Thor: Ragnarok when Luke throws Danny at the last 2 guys lol. Though Danny does it with more style than Loki.

I think comic fans would call it Fastball Special

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 11:59 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I think comic fans would call it Fastball Special

Bingo, although it looked kinda lame.

With that said...I think IM takes both fights. People on Cages level can clearly harm him. IM is quite strong probably stronger than Cage.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo, although it looked kinda lame.

With that said...I think IM takes both fights. People on Cages level can clearly harm him. IM is quite strong probably stronger than Cage.

The new suit is on all levels stronger than cage.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:30 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The new suit is on all levels stronger than cage.

Yep, IM wins both scenarios.

Tony's 1st IM suit that he didn't make from supplies he found in some cave...was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yep, IM wins both scenarios.

Tony's 1st IM suit that he didn't make from supplies he found in some cave...was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

Yeah. On another level tbh.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still though gotta say...this latest season makes me want a Cage/IF show. IF is finally starting to step away from being a shitty character.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:37 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Funny thing is though, I would argue Tony's punches and kicks would potentially do more damage than his weapons would. Most things that do piercing or explosive damage seem next to useless against him at this point.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could see that happening, especially if he specifically puts a lot of power into a punch.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:43 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I could see that happening, especially if he specifically puts a lot of power into a punch.

Well, if he is not pulling his punches, and hitting with the kind of power he was in IM 1, then he could.

(please log in to view the image)

Poor guy. Thought he was in for an honest day of terrorising. Instead gets murdered by being punched into a 2nd floor wall.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:48 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well if IM wasn't pulling his punches, he really shouldn't have had any trouble against Cap and WS. That was just PIS.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 06:55 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by FrothByte
Well if IM wasn't pulling his punches, he really shouldn't have had any trouble against Cap and WS. That was just PIS.

Yeah. Bucky was basically no-selling shots to the face before he tried to pry the arc reactor off. Or it could be that the suit's just weaker compared to other suits. There's definitely precedence for that in IM 2 and 3

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 07:14 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote