KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How much faster is CW flash than Xmen quicksilver?

How much faster is CW flash than Xmen quicksilver?
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

How much faster is CW flash than Xmen quicksilver?

Cw flash semi recently had a major speed increase with his flash time episode, but how much faster than quicksilver is he really. In the time it took for the explosion that destroyed the school to go off. Pietro casually came across the explosion and carried everyone to safety. If you think about how long that would take someone without superspeed, it seems comparable to the flash time episode to me. If flash is really faster, how much faster?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:59 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I don't see how it's comparable at all, to be honest. Barry made multiple trips back and forth from downtown to Star Labs, brainstormed ideas with other speedsters, did various calculations on a white board, tried various tactics, including temporarily speeding up Cisco and Killer Frost, had a conversation with Iris, and eventually came up with the solution, ran into the Speedforce to go grab that other device they needed, ran it back downtown and chucked it at the bomb, all in the time it took the nuke's blast to travel like a few feet.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 05:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I just personally feel the fact the he could bring others into flash time shows it's not so much a speed thing as it is a time manipulation thing. Especially considering he can give it away to Cisco and caitlin in later episodes. Tomatoes, potatoes I guess.

But quick silver got to mansion by the time the explosion took cyclops's brother and still had time to get everyone out of blast radius while goofing off with moonwalks and styling a hairguy's hair. He clearly wasn't going as fast as he could.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 06:25 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Except it was specifically mentioned as him sharing speed when they explore it again in a later episode. It's the whole point why the others could only do it for very brief periods of time, as their bodies aren't built to go that fast, even with the speedforce energy Barry gave them.

And Quicksilver not going at his fastest means very little, considering it's still way slower than Barry was going. Even if he can go twice as fast as he did in that scene, he would still be slower than Barry in Flash Time.

You could literally claim that Quicksilver is 10x faster than he was in the mansion scene, and he would still be slower.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 07:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Yeah. Untill he gets a better feat, X-Men QS is a snail to CW Flash for now. As much as a bitter pill it is to swallow considering Barry's previous performances, Peter fanboys can cry about it lol

Consider this. QS did all that in few minutes by the time the explosion covered an entire mansion. Barry did all that for nearly an hour episode and yet the explosion only travelled a few feet. I.E. Barry can take much more time while less time passes for normal people and stuff That's on a completely different scale

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 08:09 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Not comparable. Flash Time episode put him on another level.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:01 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How much faster is he? Hilariously faster.

And he can also hurl lightning bolts and he can phase and he has a healing factor good enough to heal from getting paralyzed from the waist down(takes one ep to heal).

He's just plain better in every way than Quicksilver.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How much PIS /CIS is now involved in the show?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:13 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Enough to where he is incapable of taking out almost any threat without significant backup.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:28 PM
Silent Master

Figures.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:35 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Quicksilver's speed feat in X-Men: Apocalypse was so amazing it reminded me of Zoom. That Pietro may actually be manipulating time relative to himself.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Quicksilver's speed feat in X-Men: Apocalypse was so amazing it reminded me of Zoom. That Pietro may actually be manipulating time relative to himself.

It was impressive but pales in comparison to Flash Time

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:52 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote