KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU: Iron Monger vs. Black Panther

MCU: Iron Monger vs. Black Panther
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU: Iron Monger vs. Black Panther

Tchalla has his Nanite Suit

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 02:10 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tchalla eats him

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 03:01 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omac9

TChalla all day and tomorrow.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 03:38 AM
Omac9 is currently offline Click here to Send Omac9 a Private Message Find more posts by Omac9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Jeeze. Iron Monger flies above him and pounds him with firepower until he's completely knocked out.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 04:00 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Iron Monger is generally underrated IMO. That armour was strong enough that he could straight up crush the Mark III suit. You see it crumpling at around 0:27. And he pops the helmet like a grape at around 1:55.

The same suit that could take hits from tanks, jets etc. without sustaining any significant damage.

(please log in to view the image)

And IIRC, a grenade launcher shot staggered T'Challa, so things like this will probably ruin his day:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 04:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Iron Monger is gonna have a hell of a time tagging BP. How many of those missiles could he possibly have? Are those one and done? That machine gun fire won't do much to BPs suit either. If he flies up and tries to blow T'challa to kingdom come (assuming that's how he'd choose to fight, instead of up close and personal like he did with Stark), he'll have to make his shots count. If he misses the big guns, BP can wait for him to run out of power/fuel and come back down. Then it comes down to whether or not BP can damage the suit over time.

I think my answer depends on where the fight takes place. BPs maneuverability would be more of an advantage in an urban or forested area. If its an open area, he'll have a rough time.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 06:25 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Two things:
- His suit has a targeting system (Tony likely knew where to target and disable it because the Iron Monger suit is based on his original design, plus we see his AI scan the back of the suit). Also, beyond the shoulder rockets, he has several missiles mounted on each arm. He even shoots a couple later in the clip I posted.
- That suit runs on Stark's 2nd reactor. The one he specifically built to power an IM suit. So, good luck waiting for it to run out of power.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 13th, 2018 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 07:10 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Whoops, he has the minigun on the one and missiles on the other arm. But that still suggests that he has at least 8 (assuming he has no more shoulder missiles).

Also, the Iron Monger suit is pretty damn durable overall, considering it could take a drop like at 4:10 without any notable damage:

Not saying T'Challa can't win. But it's going to be very, very difficult. Because he'd need to close the distance and then start going at it with his claws. And they aren't that long, so it will probably take a while before he really starts doing any notable damage. And hope Stane doesn't get his hands on him, or he could simply squeeze T'Challa until his ribcage collapses inside his suit. Don't need to break the container to break the eggs inside, after all.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 07:35 AM
HulkIsHulk

I had made an Iron Monger respect thread some time before if anyone is interested/wanting to refresh on his feats
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f106/t644472.html

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 08:31 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Are the little EMP orbs standard issue for T'Challa?

If so, Stane is now a metal statue.

If not, T'Challa is gonna have a bad day if Monger goes airborne.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:13 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Are the little EMP orbs standard issue for T'Challa?

If so, Stane is now a metal statue.

If not, T'Challa is gonna have a bad day if Monger goes airborne.

Didn't T'Challa only use those EMPs once? Pretty sure that's not enough for us to consider it standard equipment.

But even without going airborne, T'challa can get trashed in CQC if he's not careful.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:56 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Maybe I am just forgetting a showing (feel free to correct me if I am), but the only time I recall him using the EMP beads was during the convoy assault at the beginning of Black Panther. And he knew he was targeting a convoy beforehand, so likely prepped specifically for it. Hell, IIRC, he didn't even have them on him initially, and Okoye handed them to him just before he jumped from the plane.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 03:03 PM
HulkIsHulk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5ynxHn3AM
Convoy attack from 7:00 - bad quality video, but only one I got

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 03:29 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Maybe I am just forgetting a showing (feel free to correct me if I am), but the only time I recall him using the EMP beads was during the convoy assault at the beginning of Black Panther. And he knew he was targeting a convoy beforehand, so likely prepped specifically for it. Hell, IIRC, he didn't even have them on him initially, and Okoye handed them to him just before he jumped from the plane.

Yeah, I don't think BP's suit has pockets so I don't see him keeping those gadgets on him at all times.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 05:04 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

you guys are mean..

a black man gets a beat down from a white man

laughing laughing laughing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 06:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah, I don't think BP's suit has pockets so I don't see him keeping those gadgets on him at all times.

Well, to be fair, the suit itself already gets stored in a necklace, so creating storing space inside something that is already compressed for storing space is probably asking a bit much.

And I know Iron Man has somehow figured out how fit all kinds of crap into his nano-suit design (even super medical spray that can apparently heal impalement, as he used it to seal up the hole through his chest after Thanos left in IW), but his suit might as well be magic at this point, considering how ridiculously advanced it is.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 06:38 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

T'Challa all day long.

To this day IronMonger suit is obsolete.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 06:55 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Is there a chance of T'challa turning to paste inside the suit with one punch from Monger? devil

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:50 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by FrothByte
Jeeze. Iron Monger flies above him and pounds him with firepower until he's completely knocked out.

Finally we agree on something.

Yes, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to do that in a forum fight.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 06:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote