KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Thor replicate Superman's nuke feat?

Can Thor replicate Superman’s nuke feat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he does so while remaining conscious 13 54.17%
Yes but he gets knocked out 6 25.00%
He dies 3 12.50%
No Superman is more durable 2 8.33%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Thor replicate Superman's nuke feat?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

*Thor has Stormbreaker
Same circumstances as Superman faced in BVS

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:36 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the title.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 05:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Thor might be able withstand the heat but the blast pressure is something else.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 08:49 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Thor easily replicates

star >> nuke

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 10:22 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8

Prove that the pressure of a nuke is greater than that of a neutron star.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 11:01 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hahahaha

Thor withstood the power of a star....

Thor easily replicates

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 11:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hahahaha

Thor easily replicates

Temperature/Heat

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 12:57 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Temperature/Heat

You're a liar.

The movie flat-out stated he withstood the full force of a neutron star.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:00 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

He didnt really withstand it. He was dying/dead when it was over and needed stormbreaker to revive him. But since this thor has storm breaker, he should be fine.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:24 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Sure.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Temperature/Heat

we all know you don't watch movies.. it is clearly stated by Eitri

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove that the pressure of a nuke is greater than that of a neutron star.

I don’t have to since that’s irrelevant to the discussion here.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 03:48 AM
h1a8

we all know you don't watch movies.. it is clearly stated by Eitri

Hyperbole. We all know it takes ONLY heat to melt metal. Stars have heat. The star’s heat was harnessed. This is common sense.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 03:49 AM
Silent Master

1) Thor's feats aren't irrelevant
2) You have consistently said that a writer's intention trumps everything. Per the writer, Thor withstood the full force of a neutron star, not just the heat / temperature.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 03:56 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, when it comes to things like CW Jimmy Olsen making the million ton key claim, H1 insists it's "undeniable writer's intent for the key to be that heavy, or they wouldn't have added the statement". Yet when it's a character statement that hurts his argument, like the Thor one, it's hyperbole? Lol, okay.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 04:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Writer's intention and hyperbole are just buzzwords H1 uses because he thinks it hides his massive bias.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 04:09 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

People seem to think Thor tanked the Star feat when in reality he was probably going to die without stormbreaker.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:22 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
People seem to think Thor tanked the Star feat when in reality he was probably going to die without stormbreaker.

There's no "probably". He was dying.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahahaha

Thor easily replicates

1. PIS. Thor has nothing remotely comparable, and far too many lesser things that could have hurt/killled him (Like that fall in the Hulk Proof cage.)

2. Even if accepted, It nearly killed him.

Consistency trumps a one off feat that nearly killed him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 5th, 2018 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon

Whilst Supes was just fine after taking a portion of that Nuke right?

Originally posted by cdtm
1. PIS. Thor has nothing remotely comparable,

He does now, so stop whining about it.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, when it comes to things like CW Jimmy Olsen making the million ton key claim, H1 insists it's "undeniable writer's intent for the key to be that heavy, or they wouldn't have added the statement". Yet when it's a character statement that hurts his argument, like the Thor one, it's hyperbole? Lol, okay.

Butthurt at its finest.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 5th, 2018 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 02:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote