KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Weakest character who can tank this hit

Weakest character who can tank this hit
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Weakest character who can tank this hit

I happened to stumble across this gif on the one site and was like, "huh, you know, that hit was actually way harder than I initially remembered." I mean T'Challa flew like a 100 feet (if not more) and was literally full-on airborne for like 5 seconds.

(please log in to view the image)

So, as the title says, weakest character who can tank it. And tank as in get up and dust themselves off immediately after landing, and then jump right back into the fight.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:01 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Luke Cage
Possibly Cable if he can get his shield up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:05 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think Cage could get up from the hit without lasting damage, but I don't see him tanking it completely. We'd actually have a way better idea of how it would go if they bothered showing the conclusion of his fight with Sowande in The Defenders. All we see is him being smashed by the garbage truck, and then next time we see him (about an hour or so later), he has a huge, shit-eating grin and Sowande tied up. If we knew how well he took that hit (was he dazed afterwards etc), it would give us a better idea IMO.

As things stand, I feel like he'd at least need a moment to collect himself and catch his breath, much like T'Challa did. Then again, even getting blown up only mostly annoys Cage at this point:

Cable might have a legit shot with his shield though. It allowed him to shrug off a hit from the Juggernaut IIRC.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:14 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Drax.
Any Dwayne Johnson character.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol screw character. Dwayne Johnson himself just pulls this face and the rhino turns tail and runs:

(please log in to view the image)

On a random note, I love how this guy is so big at this point that his neck is basically wider than his head lol.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:39 PM
Silent Master

h1 probably thinks Baleman could tank it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:40 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing about that hit. Those 5 seconds in the air must really suck (though I imagine the initial hit also isn't exactly fun), because you know the landing is not going to be soft, yet there is jack shit you can do about it other than wait for the inevitable.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:44 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Do the characters get the suit?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 08:16 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That would kind of defeat the purpose.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 08:46 PM
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Drax.
Any Dwayne Johnson character.

Great picks, Froth.
Originally posted by carthage
Luke Cage
Possibly Cable if he can get his shield up

This was my initial go-to. As we were finishing the penultimate episode last night, my wife and I were having a fun time debating BP vs Bushmaster, and the thought of Luke taking the Rhino smash into the air came through my head. The impact is what makes me wonder how dazed/not dazed Luke would be, but the initial hit from the war rhino wouldn't be anything too tough for him to take, as between garbage trucks and explosives he's seen enough hits in his time. Season 2 of Cage has been fantastic, my favorite Netflix MCU season thus far.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:45 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Looks like a lot more than 100 feet, BP was basically a golf ball in that gif.

Spider-Man could probably take it ... and Deadpool (for different reasons, obviously)
If Cap took the hit on his shield I'm sure he would be mostly fine after the landing.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 11:13 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Well the initial scene is inconsistent with the adjacent cut scene.
The initial scene shows the flight trajectory beyond the peak height. That means we can extrapolate and approximate, with good accuracy, how far away BP should land (between 100-140 ft).
The next cut scene probably REPLAYS most of the flight to emphasize the power behind the hit.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 01:24 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider-Man could probably take it .

Which suit? Iron Spider could probably. Not sure about the regular or pajama suits. Shocker's hits had him shaky, and getting clipped by Giant-Man straight up put him out of the fight in CA:CW. Then again, MCU Giant-Man is actually very strong. He was able to casually pick up and swing a jet bridge with one hand, like a club, at War Machine. The same kind Pete strained to hold up with his entire body.

That's actually a good durability feat for Rhodey as well, tanking that punch.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Aug 13th, 2018 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 05:14 PM
HulkIsHulk

Shocker could send buses sliding and rolling with his hits though.

As for Giant Man, he was able to break of a plane being, knock back a plane when Vision staggered him, shove a bus with his foot so hard that after sliding away quite some distance it simultaneously hit and knocked away a semi truck and a pickup truck away some distance and yet still had had the momentum to split in half against Vision.
He also held War Machine against his will (and this armor could easily fly off with a semi truck trailer and smash it) and them threw him across the airport hard enough that Spidey also went flying and knocked bovervacsemi truck before he could stop his trajectory.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 06:56 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Could the mountain from GOT tank it?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 06:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

May he's probably going to be in pieces. Even the undead one

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 03:59 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Shocker could send buses sliding and rolling with his hits though.

As for Giant Man, he was able to break of a plane being, knock back a plane when Vision staggered him, shove a bus with his foot so hard that after sliding away quite some distance it simultaneously hit and knocked away a semi truck and a pickup truck away some distance and yet still had had the momentum to split in half against Vision.
He also held War Machine against his will (and this armor could easily fly off with a semi truck trailer and smash it) and them threw him across the airport hard enough that Spidey also went flying and knocked bovervacsemi truck before he could stop his trajectory.

I could potentially see a multi-ton, vibranium-armored rhino running into a bus at full speed knocking it back as well. So, still kind of touch-and-go to me. Not saying he can't, but I am not totally convinced. At least in his regular suit. Now, Iron Spider armor should grant him the extra toughness he needs to make it a done deal.

As to Giant-Man, yeah, I already conceded that Scott might not be the best example, as he is in fact very, very strong. He could probably pick one of those rhinos up with one hand and toss them the same distance they knocked BP.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:08 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

If you mean by tank, his head might still be mostly in on piece upon landing, then sure.

Seriously though, if one of those Sparrows could pierce his chest armor with a nailed club, a vibranium-armored rhino turns him into roadkill.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:08 AM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I could potentially see a multi-ton, vibranium-armored rhino running into a bus at full speed knocking it back as well.

Or flip it over. I could see a rhino doing both, but maybe not to the extent Shocker did, and most definitely not simultaneously as he did. He even hit the bus Spidey was in so that it rolled away 30 feet approx

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Or flip it over. I could see a rhino doing both, but maybe not to the extent Shocker did, and most definitely not simultaneously as he did. He even hit the bus Spidey was in so that it rolled away 30 feet approx

Fair enough. Truth be told, I don't remember that scene 100% clearly (I only watched Homecoming once, in the cinema), so will take your word for it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:17 AM