KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Megatron (Gen 1) vs. Megatron (Beast Wars/Beast Machines)

Megatron (Gen 1) vs. Megatron (Beast Wars/Beast Machines)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Megatron (Gen 1) vs. Megatron (Beast Wars/Beast Machines)

Who was the better leader and who would win a fight between the two greatest leaders of the bad guys in the history of the ip.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 09:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

G1 Megatron

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

hmm I liked BW Megatron more but I think G1 was more successful

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:09 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
hmm I liked BW Megatron more but I think G1 was more successful
How could you like BW Megatron more?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:48 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Robtard
G1 Megatron

thumb up

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:13 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

BW/BM Megatron.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:06 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

BW Megatron was far more entertaining and charismatic. He was also more sinister believe it or not as several of his plans involved genocide, murder, taking advantage of literal childlike innocence. He was really f*cked up. Hmmm, yeeeeesss.

BW was a better leader. G1 Megs wpuld win in a fight though, as people dont seem to realize G1 transformers are the size of large vehicles, while BW transformers are the size of larger than normal but still fairly normal sized animals. He could just step on him.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:09 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by KingD19
BW Megatron was far more entertaining and charismatic. He was also more sinister believe it or not as several of his plans involved genocide, murder, taking advantage of literal childlike innocence. He was really f*cked up. Hmmm, yeeeeesss.

BW was a better leader. G1 Megs wpuld win in a fight though, as people dont seem to realize G1 transformers are the size of large vehicles, while BW transformers are the size of larger than normal but still fairly normal sized animals. He could just step on him.

^ This, Tyranno Megatron was a much crazier and scheming leader than G1
you really get to see the difference in size not only when they break into the Ark but when Primal merges with Prime he becomes sooo much bigger also but id throw out there that Dragon Megatron might have a chance against OG Megatron

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:02 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I was assuming that since BM was mentioned, we were at least using Dragon Megs, as that was his default alt-mode for the majority of that series. I'm fairly confident that form could stand up to G1 Megs. Much greater mobility, and powerful enough to do major damage.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:06 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

BW Megs talked like Death's Head so He has that going for him.

Toss on who is the "Better Leader".

IN a Fight. Gen 1 Megs could just Step on BW Megs.

Love Both shows tho. Got both on DVD and Blu-Ray!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Martian_mind
I was assuming that since BM was mentioned, we were at least using Dragon Megs, as that was his default alt-mode for the majority of that series. I'm fairly confident that form could stand up to G1 Megs. Much greater mobility, and powerful enough to do major damage.
Use any version of BW or BM megatron. Not just his default he had many versions.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 12:40 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by KingD19

That doesn’t make him a better leader. I don’t believe he was tbh. I believe he’s overrated and was against inferior competition than megatron who faced Optimus. He got lucky had all of cybertron and stilll blew it.

Gen 1 Megatron would have made him his *****.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 12:42 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

(please log in to view the image)

G1 Megatron. That dude managed to pull together an entire army of psychopaths during the waning era of the Golden Age with Charisma, leadership skills, and actual combat skills he honed in the Kaon Fighting Pits. With skill, power and fear he managed to pull such a rag tag bunch of civil militia into a cohesive fighting unit that overthrew a long standing planetary government, and he did it not by deus ex machina as BW/BM Megatron did, but through skill and strategy.

(please log in to view the image)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:58 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Plus, lets add in the fact that BW Megatron was following G1 Megatron's plan when he swiped the Golden Disk that kicked off Beast Wars. The entire "Altering of the timeline" plan was G1 Megatron covering his bets in case he lost the Great War in a conventional sense.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 02:32 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

The difference is, BM Megatron succeeded in conquering Cybertron. He straight out won the war. He was only defeated afterwards because a handful of rebels were given upgrades by what was essentially God.

G1 Megs, on the other hand, suffers from the fate of most 80's cartoon villains. He was given a badass rep, and we were told he was intimidating, yet at the end of the day, he always came across as an ineffectual *****.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:21 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The difference is, BM Megatron succeeded in conquering Cybertron. He straight out won the war. He was only defeated afterwards because a handful of rebels were given upgrades by what was essentially God.

G1 Megs, on the other hand, suffers from the fate of most 80's cartoon villains. He was given a badass rep, and we were told he was intimidating, yet at the end of the day, he always came across as an ineffectual *****.
BW megatron was lucky and he was defeated at the end of BW by the same rag tag bunch of heroes. Megatron was in command as well but went down due to Unicron and Rodimus Prime. He used his savvy despitr being beaten by Optimus to use Hot Rod’s stupidity to his advantage. No Megatron didn’t come up any shorter than the BW Megatron who had a rubber ducky for ****s sake. BW Megatron gave him the highest praise. Gen 1 had to deal with Starscream and we see he was even able to **** with the BW predacons as well. Gen 1 was far superior in terms of power, strategy, tech, and forces.

BW was very good and great at times but Gen 1’s Movie is untouchable.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:40 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Those ragtags didn't win at the end of BW though, as Megatron immediately escaped, and proceeded to subdue all of Cybertron. Hell, they only stopped that plan thanks to Tigerhawk, yet another form of divine intervention.

As for the G1 movie, it is excellent, yet I'd go with Beast Wars and Beast Machines as the greater achievement. The themes it covered, and the strength of characterisation, essentially saved the entire franchise in the West. Megatron was a large part of that.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 12:59 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Those ragtags didn't win at the end of BW though, as Megatron immediately escaped, and proceeded to subdue all of Cybertron. Hell, they only stopped that plan thanks to Tigerhawk, yet another form of divine intervention.

As for the G1 movie, it is excellent, yet I'd go with Beast Wars and Beast Machines as the greater achievement. The themes it covered, and the strength of characterisation, essentially saved the entire franchise in the West. Megatron was a large part of that.
He was strapped to a ship iirc. He was soundly beaten despite all his hijinx. He sent a virus he didn’t conquer it by force. He was lucky.

BW was deeper and I liked beast machines far more than BW personally but for me gen 1 was the best. The movie is one of my favorites and Optimus Prime is one of the only heroes I’ve ever loved as my favorite from a series. Megatron is the best villain imo and based off his history he’s a better leader than BW Megatron who went up against far greater opponents than BW Megatron ever did. I think we can both agree Optimus is greater than Optimal.

We both know Megatron from gen 1 would rip BW or BM Megatron’s circuits out.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 01:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Also, just a heads up, the '86 animated movie? Megatron had conquered Cybertron by 2005, It even says so in the opening scroll so... this undermines everything you just said.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:00 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Also, just a heads up, the '86 animated movie? Megatron had conquered Cybertron by 2005, It even says so in the opening scroll so... this undermines everything you just said.

How so? G1 Megatron achieved his conquest with the aid of an army, and still lost it in the end. BM Megatron took over Cybertron all on his lonesome, and would have succeeded utterly had the Oracle not directly intervened. G1 Megs has very few feats approaching BW's consistent level of cunning and guile.

@Quanchi: I too enjoyed the hell out of BM. The way it explored the ideas of free will and agency, along with the dichotomy of the natural vs the technological, was exceptional in several ways. The religious undertones between Primal and Megatron grabbed me as well. You could write a ****ing thesis on the relationship between those two.

As to the fight (the least interesting component of this thread, imo) it is obvious that G1 would defeat BW in his earliest incarnation. However, it was established that transmetal Megatron did have the firepower to kill a G1, while also possessing a VASTLY more fuel efficient form. If we translate that to his upgraded dragon form, which possesses even more firepower, the same greater fuel efficiency, and cuts down the size disparity but quite a degree...well, the waters become far murkier.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 02:27 AM