KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Cable vs Captain America

Cable vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Cable vs Captain America

Who's taking this???

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 05:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

With weapons, Cable. In pure h2h, Cap.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 06:18 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Who's taking this???

Cap all day long. Should he have his vib shield.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 01:01 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by FrothByte

Exactly

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 06:57 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 13th, 2018 10:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Ohhh boys! Are we being serious now!?

What makes you believe that Cable would do better than Iron Man!?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:32 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Ohhh boys! Are we being serious now!?

What makes you believe that Cable would do better than Iron Man!?

Let's be honest here, if IM used his full arsenal on Cap and went for the kill, Cap would be dead.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:37 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Let's be honest here, if IM used his full arsenal on Cap and went for the kill, Cap would be dead.

Agree. And yet you can't posibly put Cable on IM's level.

At best Cable would reach WS' level. And we all know Bucky isn't defeating Cap.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 12:55 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

In h2h yes, but his weaponry and gadgets are on a completely different level.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 02:25 AM
Mindset

WS could beat Cap though, even if I would give Cap the edge more times than not.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 03:23 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Pretty much this.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:04 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Mindset
WS could beat Cap though, even if I would give Cap the edge more times than not.

Shots fired! stick out tongue

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:14 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

According to Cap fanboys, Steve always holds back against Bucky, even in situations where it would be completely nonsensical, in terms of narrative, for him to do so.

I have even seen some argue that Steve was holding back to the point where he let Bucky overpower and throw him down the elevator shaft in CA:CW, even though his entire aim was to prevent berserk Bucky from hurting more people, something he can't do from the bottom of said shaft. I mean it is one thing to say Steve wasn't trying to kill him (because he obviously wasn't, but then Bucky's own agenda was mostly getting out of the building), but to argue that he wasn't putting all his effort into stopping/incapacitating him is retarded.

Yet I have seen Cap fanboys make that exact argument before, because they can't stand the idea of Steve coming out second best in a head-to-head with Bucky.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:53 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
According to Cap fanboys, Steve always holds back against Bucky, even in situations where it would be completely nonsensical, in terms of narrative, for him to do so.

I have even seen some argue that Steve was holding back to the point where he let Bucky overpower and throw him down the elevator shaft in CA:CW, even though his entire aim was to prevent berserk Bucky from hurting more people, something he can't do from the bottom of said shaft. I mean it is one thing to say Steve wasn't trying to kill him (because he obviously wasn't, but then Bucky's own agenda was mostly getting out of the building), but to argue that he wasn't putting all his effort into stopping/incapacitating him is retarded.

Yet I have seen Cap fanboys make that exact argument before, because they can't stand the idea of Steve coming out second best in a head-to-head with Bucky.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:58 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Well when steve does better against Ironman, thanos, spidetman and in general just having better feats than bucky then it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:20 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Well when steve does better against Ironman, thanos, spidetman and in general just having better feats than bucky then it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

- Bucky never had any solo H2H against Thanos. Also, unless you think Steve can casually pin Spiderman down (which Thanos does on Titan), casually necksnap Loki (which he does early in the film), casually tear Tony's nano-suit helmet off (during their duel on Titan), or casually tear the Mind Stone out of Vision's vibranium head (which he does in Wakanda), and that Corvus Glaive (who had Steve pinned to the ground a bit earlier) is stronger than Thanos, the Titan clearly wasn't using all his strength against him. Especially, considering two years earlier, Steve couldn't overpower Buck's metal arm. He'd have to have gone from below Bucky's metal arm to basically near-Hulk level in the space of two years, somehow.
- Bucky barely fought against Spiderman, and only got pinned when he shielded Falcon from a hit.
- Tony was very clearly not going as hard against Steve as he was against Bucky. For example, Tony was shooting cuffs at Steve, while shooting missiles at Bucky.

But wait, so are you actually saying Steve was holding back during the Civil War scene I mentioned? As you say it's "hard to come to any other conclusion". So, you're arguing Steve is an idiot who let Bucky throw him down an elevator shaft despite that being completely counterproductive to his agenda at the time?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:33 AM
HulkIsHulk

I consider Bucky throwing Steve down that elevator shaft PIS though. I mean yeah, Bucky's arm had already shown itself to be strong enough to overpower Steve's both arms back in TWS, but I have a hard time accepting that it can overpower Steve to the extent that he goes flying through elevator doors hard enough to knock him out. Especially since it flies completely against other showings. Heck Steve managed to catch a punch from the arm with both hands just before that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:45 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I consider Bucky throwing Steve down that elevator shaft PIS though. I mean yeah, Bucky's arm had already shown itself to be strong enough to overpower Steve's both arms back in TWS, but I have a hard time accepting that it can overpower Steve to the extent that he goes flying through elevator doors hard enough to knock him out. Especially since it flies completely against other showings. Heck Steve managed to catch a punch from the arm with both hands just before that.

Catching a punch isn't the same thing as maintaining extended effort against it though. Also, while fighting the German Spec Ops guys, Bucky was able to force Steve down with the robo arm pretty easily as well, IIRC.

Regardless, the point is that Steve was shown to be below the robo arm, consistently, across both films, taking place years apart. Steve suddenly matching Thanos two years later (who we see overpower the Hulk, and who accomplished the vast majority of the feats I listed, if not all, with one arm) is hugely inconsistent, and itself is either PIS, or Thanos wasn't trying his hardest. And this is not some slight against Steve. Thanos is just insanely strong. I mean the guy literally pulled the Mind Stone out of Vision's forehead using only three fingers.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:02 AM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah Cap shouldn't be doing anything to Thanos, but then again, Russoforce. Atleast they showed that Cap's hits even with the new shields were having zero effect

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:18 AM
John Murdoch

With weapons, Cable turns it up to 11 and blasts Cap.

H2H is a win column tally for Cap definitely.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote