KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman and Thor Vs Thanos's forces

Superman and Thor Vs Thanos's forces
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman and Thor Vs Thanos's forces.

I've never got why people think Thor and Supes wouldn't get on they are both noble, prone to pompous speeches and usually pussy whipped.

I think the two of them would be firm friends much like how Hyperion and Odinson were portrayed only the screen versions I feel would be even more brokeback mountain.

This thread is about what if Superman replaced the Avengers, how would he and Thor do alone against the Black Order and the Chitari?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 09:29 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superman alone is enough.

Hell, Thor as of Infinity War alone is probably enough.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 09:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nah, watch the movies. NemeBro and his fanboyism tends to get carried away. Just like with that pansy Link in the old days.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 09:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Make Thor one of Thanos's forces and solo Supes would still be enough.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:41 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman alone is enough. Thor is just the frosting on top.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:43 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So what is Thor here for? Cheerleading?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Steve stole his beard. Clark stole his Cape. He really doesn't have a lot going for him right now

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:50 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Make Thor one of Thanos's forces and solo Supes would still be enough.
Nah, Superman was defeated by an inanimate object an oil rig and once by that rich human, Batman.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor is the perfect moral support. A wonderful cheerleader.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 01:59 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Thor is the perfect moral support. A wonderful cheerleader.
Thor is manlier and more heroic than murdering crybaby Superman.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 02:02 AM
Flyattractor

Wrong Forum. MOVE IT MODS!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 05:34 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Thanos gets on indeed.com to post some job announcements...a lot of entry level positions just opened up.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 03:40 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Either Superman or Thor w/ Stormbreaker on their own can probably solo. Thor can take care of the army faster whereas Superman can take care of the BO easier. Putting them together makes this overkill.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 04:41 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Superman solos them even If Thanos was there. Thor could probably do it too.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 04:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So everyone agrees, DCU Superman could solo Thanos' armies and Thanos for that matter.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Robtard
So everyone agrees, DCU Superman could solo Thanos' armies and Thanos for that matter.

Screenrant has a series called Pitch Meeting on YouTube (check it out if you haven't, entertaining satire pieces on our beloved nerdy films). Their video on Avengers: IW breaks it down as so: we (the MCU filmmakers) have given these superheroes so many powers that they should be able to handle anything Thanos throws at them, so we'll have Dr. Strange do something with the time gem to hand wave all the possibilities for victory so the plot can drive on.

Superman and Thor w/ Stormbreaker could beat Thanos and his armies, Superman could solo, Thor w/ Stormbreaker should be able to solo, and - for that matter - the Avengers even without Thor could beat Thanos without PIS/CIS involved. However, a non-PIS/CIS Thanos could turn everyone into play-doh if a speedster-type character didn't stop him first; Thanos has a wide variety of options at his disposal.

So ya, Supes unhinged going speedster mode does the following:
- beats down Thanos and yanks the gauntlet off his southpaw
- beats down the Black Order
- blows up his ships
- vaporizes his army
Just a matter of time. HOWEVER, Thanos wins if Supes concentrates on everything else first, allowing for some reality and/or time gem hijinks. Thing is, in IW, Thanos was fond of fighting all the Avengers that challenged him instead of doing the insta-kill thing with the gauntlet, which he would immediately regret doing with Cavill-Clark.

We all (besides a certain poster who shall not be named here) know this.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 12:44 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is what goes down:

Thanos: Hey I'm Thanos, I'm all about balance! I killed half the universe cuz there weren't enough resources! Fear me!

Superman: Why not just use your power to make the resources endless? It sounds like you're a child just making excuses for his murderous tendencies.

Thanos: Well you see...

Superman: Did you make everyone sterile?

Thanos: What? What do you mean?

Superman: If people aren't sterile...isn't it true that sooner or later the universe will be just as out of balance as it was before you came along? It might take a while, but it's going to happen and it appears the infinity gauntlet is all used up...

Superman: Did you at least make sure to kill Tony Stark? Feels like that guy always manages to f*ck up your plans.

Thanos: Well no...

Superman: You're not very good at whatever it is you do, are you? I'm gonna punch your face now at extreme speeds.

*punches him at super speed*

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 24th, 2018 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Surtur
Here is what goes down:

Thanos: Hey I'm Thanos, I'm all about balance! I killed half the universe cuz there weren't enough resources! Fear me!

Superman: Why not just use your power to make the resources endless? It sounds like you're a child just making excuses for his murderous tendencies.

Superman: Did you make everyone sterile?

Thanos: What? What do you mean?

Superman: If people aren't sterile...isn't it true that sooner or later the universe will be just as out of balance as it was before you came along? It might take a while, but it's going to happen and it appears the infinity gauntlet is all used up...

Superman: Did you at least make sure to kill Tony Stark? Feels like that guy always manages to f*ck up your plans.

Thanos: Well no...

Superman: You're not very good at whatever it is you do, are you? I'm gonna punch your face now at extreme speeds.

*punches him at super speed*

I smell a crossover.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 01:59 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Surtur
Here is what goes down:

Superman: Not bad. I know a thing or two about killing people myself. Bad and innocents included.

Fixed

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:20 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
Fixed

If you wanna compare Supes first real fight as a superhero to the dipshit plan Thanos had in the making for years...you go on and do so.

Supes still comes out looking infinitely better.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote