KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Most durable extras

Most durable extras
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Most durable extras

So, this thread is kind of tongue in cheek, after another thread got me thinking. Every now and then, extras will actually display superhuman physical traits for the purposes of the plot. These are often throwaway characters, only used for a specific scene or sequence.

So, for example, we have the warlord from BvS who got sent through multiple walls by Superman. Yet based on the film narrative and some comments behind the scenes, we are supposed to believe he survived (unless they changed something with the extended cut, which I have not watched, and probably never will).

And then another example is that woman in the car that Thor saves in Age of Ultron. She was falling in that car for 12 seconds. Thor then literally throws her directly upwards with enough force that she gets back up to Cap in like 2 or 3 seconds IIRC. Her arm should have been torn off and/or her insides should have been turned to mush, realistically speaking. But she was totally fine afterwards.

So, can anyone else think of more examples?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 08:33 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Mustafa-Austin Powers
The SWAT guy from Venom

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 08:43 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

This is actually a really good thread. Off the top of my head, multiple humans in Godzilla movies, I will have to look through some of em to find some good examples though. Let me think in this one.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:44 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The Hydra soldiers in the beginning of AoU... Who were getting punched, kicked and Mjolnired by Thor yet weren't getting pulverized.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:50 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Yeah Hulk threw one of those guys against a tree hard enough to bounce off but if you look closely you can see him get back up

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 01:35 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Oh then two of those in TWS. There is this guy Cap kicked into a metal pipe hard enough to dent it - he not only got back up but came at Cap again. Then Batroc's assistant who got hit by Cap's shield throw which hit his head and then embeds itself into the metal wall behind him. Frankly he should've been decapitated

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 01:42 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Another one is one of the Russian gangster bosses from DD s1. That guy was caught in an explosion, shot, beat up, slammed through multiple floors, and then still picked up a gun and made a last stand while Matt got away. Just the floor thing should have pretty much left him paralysed, even without the bullet still moving around inside him and his other injuries.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 29th, 2018 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 02:06 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Any thug who got hit by Cage and got back up.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 04:40 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Those SHIELD/Hydra agents in the elevator with Cap.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 06:37 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think the elevator scene was more a case of Cap holding back some, as he probably wasn't looking to send someone flying through the glass and plummeting to their death, several floors below. Because he didn't know who were actually HYDRA and who were simply mislead SHIELD agents at the time. Because, as we see during the climax of the film, a lot of agents only became aware of what was going on when HYDRA was already enacting its plan at the end.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 06:47 PM
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Mustafa-Austin Powers

That's what I'm talking about.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 07:04 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

The kid who Hancock threw hundreds of feet straight up, then caught the kid with one arm. Should have been ripped apart going up, and again when caught. 😬

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:01 AM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by K-Dog
The kid who Hancock threw hundreds of feet straight up, then caught the kid with one arm. Should have been ripped apart going up, and again when caught. 😬

And the ones involved in ass-shoves

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:18 AM
HulkIsHulk

Oh and in Kickboxer retaliation the villain Mongkut slams this guy into a concrete wall hard enough to rmbed him in it but he was still fighting back

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:02 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I haven't watched the newer Kickboxer films. The trailers for them looked really bad. Isn't the guy who plays the Mountain on GoT the villain in the last one?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:54 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Mountain = Mongkut...Raiden from Mortal Kombat was the fight promoter/real villain. Mongkut was just a big dumb savage fighter juiced and steroided and trained to superhuman levels basically.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:57 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Kickboxer retaliation is the only one of the series which I saw. It was okay. Nothing more

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2018 11:41 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I haven't watched the newer Kickboxer films. The trailers for them looked really bad. Isn't the guy who plays the Mountain on GoT the villain in the last one?

Wasn't that Batista?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 02:41 AM
steverules_2

That was kickboxer vengeance

Kickboxer: Retaliation is with Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson aka the mountain

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 02:44 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Nah, that's Vengeance (2016). The latest one with Björnsson is from this year.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 02:45 AM