KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hulkball

Hulkball
Started by: Nibedicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Hulkball

Each character below gets a chance to hit Hulk with the same hammer in Ragnarok exactly as Hulk is charging them. Winner is the one that hits Hulk the hardest and sends him the furthest. Exactly same circumstances as Thor when he swatted Hulk away, pull hammer off wall then swing away. They are only allowed to use their strength in the swing, no additional powers allowed. They can use other powers that boost their strength tho. And their skill is also a factor. All characters are at their best and can use their best showings on the swing.

Rank from best hit to worst hit.

Thor
Superman (JL)
Hancock
Nuke Sub Charged Shaw
Kurse
Hela
Wonder Woman
Steppenwolf

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2019 11:33 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Hela
Kurse
Thor/Superman
Hancock
Steppenwolf
Wonder woman
Shaw

Thor obviously didnt hit Hulk as hard as he could and I believe him to be in the same ballpark as Superman.

One question, can shaw even lift that hammer?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 01:08 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, he was physically strong enough to outmuscle Magneto's powers with one hand. The same guy who could, even then, levitate an entire submarine.

At around 2:17 here:

Make of that what you will.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 04:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, he was physically strong enough to outmuscle Magneto's powers with one hand. The same guy who could, even then, levitate an entire submarine.

At around 2:17 here:

Make of that what you will.

Context, he was already absorbing the nuclear radiation from the core before this happened.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 05:00 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Context, he was already absorbing the nuclear radiation from the core before this happened.

I am well aware of that, but the OP specifies this is a nuke-charged Shaw. So, it's him at the level depicted during that scene. At least that's how I am understanding it.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:19 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Yup, the thread meant for Shaw after he was fully nuke-charged. He can use it for strength but not to add explode-y force to his swing though.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 09:26 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Ok, not sure how that's gonna work in this scenario? He could be at the top if all of the energy goes into the swing? I'm gonna keep my list as is for right now.

I think if Hela or Kurse hit Hulk he would make a complete circle in the ring and come back and hit them.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 01:00 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

He can use his powers whatever way he wants as long as it only goes to strength.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 01:14 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, if a casual, one-handed effort was enough to overpower Magneto, putting every ounce of energy he has into the effort behind the hammer blow would probably smack Hulk clean through the arena wall, considering:

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 4th, 2019 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 05:11 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Well, how do you rank it then? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 06:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd have to think about it more before I could rank all of them. Because some of them, like Hancock, is a bit of an unknown, as we never really seem him truly push his physical limits. Feats like the whale toss and the train stop were performed without much visible effort, so it's hard to know how much he could do if he was both sober and really trying his hardest. Also, with someone like Hela, who doesn't have all that many notable pure striking feats, but her strength can be estimated based on her fights with Thor. I will say that Diana is probably near the bottom here. But considering the company on this list, that's not really an insult. And yeah, Shaw could potentially be number one, if we scale his strength off of Magneto, who's consistently been depicted as a powerhouse throughout the films, even before the Apocalypse amp, especially considering the ease with which Shaw did it.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 4th, 2019 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:05 PM
ShadowFyre

Well, if a casual, one-handed effort was enough to overpower Magneto, putting every ounce of energy he has into the effort behind the hammer blow would probably smack Hulk clean through the arena wall, considering:

(please log in to view the image)

Can one even go through the wall? I assumed there was a forcefield the way hulk went in a semi circular motion

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:08 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Can one even go through the wall? I assumed there was a forcefield the way hulk went in a semi circular motion

I just assumed the deeper layer was more solid (which caused the angle/direction change), as we still see the outer layer crumple and tear as Hulk drags along it. I am just speculating though. If there is, than he'd probably cause a Hulk arena loop, like you suggested earlier. If there isn't, then he'd go through IMO.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:12 PM
ShadowFyre

Honestly, I just assumed there was a field because the comics had one and couldn't really come up with a better explanation.

It would be interesting to see how hard Hulk could hit Hulk if a Hulk was Hulk.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 12:40 AM
Nevan

Does Thor's lightning aura count as strength amping or as an additional power?

I'm talking about the version he used in the arena fight that only worked on contact.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 01:19 AM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Def additional power. He can’t use it here.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 01:22 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am well aware of that, but the OP specifies this is a nuke-charged Shaw. So, it's him at the level depicted during that scene. At least that's how I am understanding it.

My bad

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 02:22 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Honestly, I just assumed there was a field because the comics had one and couldn't really come up with a better explanation.

It would be interesting to see how hard Hulk could hit Hulk if a Hulk was Hulk.

How much Hulk could a Hulk-Hulk Hulk if a Hulk-Hulk could Hulk Hulk?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 07:03 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote