KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can the force deflect a spell?

Can the force deflect/block magic?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 45.45%
No 0 0%
Quan, uh, finds a way 6 54.55%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can the force deflect a spell?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Can the force deflect a spell?

Let’s say Voldemort of whoever fired a killing curse, could it be deflected back by someone with the force? Like when Palpatine shoots force lightning at Yoda he managed to use the force to catch it and throw it back or whatever he did. He did it with Dooku too but he simply just blocked it with the force.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 05:01 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I think it could.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 05:07 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Only if the spell took some physical aspect. And magic works so differently in different universes the outcome would vary significantly.

I think it could deflect like a fireball and things of that nature as well as like mental attacks.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:01 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Only if the spell took some physical aspect. And magic works so differently in different universes the outcome would vary significantly.

I think it could deflect like a fireball and things of that nature as well as like mental attacks.

But not the killing curse?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 07:50 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It could definitely deflect Avada Kedavra.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 08:06 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by steverules_2
But not the killing curse?

I dont know enough about the potter universe to honestly answer that. All the spells have that little razzle dazzle and have to physically hit their opponent right?

I assume it could because it would be like a physical object stopping it

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 12:42 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see why the force could deflect the AK. The Harry Potter universe has shield spells, etc. and none of those work against it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

But the real questions is...

Can the spells block the force?

BOOM.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:15 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They could probably use magic to prevent their emotions from being read.

Could they block a force choke type move? Probably not.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Surtur
They could probably use magic to prevent their emotions from being read.

Could they block a force choke type move? Probably not.
But can they use it to not be shook around like a rag doll? -3-

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:19 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't see why the force could deflect the AK. The Harry Potter universe has shield spells, etc. and none of those work against it.

But Avada Kedavra has been stopped by physical objects plenty of times. I think a TK Force Field that can stop matter as well as energy could do the job.

Can't really compare a specific shield spell to the pretty much all-encompassing Force that has blocked blaster bolts, lightsaber blades, random heavy objects, lightning, and even a direct application of Force Energy has heen blocked by another Jedi/Sith pushing back with their own Force.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:20 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
But Avada Kedavra has been stopped by physical objects plenty of times. I think a TK Force Field that can stop matter as well as energy could do the job.

Can't really compare a specific shield spell to the pretty much all-encompassing Force that has blocked blaster bolts, lightsaber blades, random heavy objects, lightning, and even a direct application of Force Energy has heen blocked by another Jedi/Sith pushing back with their own Force.

It's been stopped by inanimate objects yes, but then how do you explain why their shields can't block it?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 04:56 PM
Silent Master

Easy, one argument could be that their shields aren't as good.

Would you argue that the AK would pass through a shield cast by comic Dr Strange or even Odin?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 05:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

When did an inanimate object stop Avada kedavra? I haven’t seen the films in a while

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 05:13 PM
Silent Master

Didn't grave stones stop them in the 4th movie?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 05:31 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I believe so. It was also stopped by a stone fixture during the battle at the Ministry of Magic.

Also Silent has a good point. In Star Wars Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper/First Order armor is supposed to keep people safe but a single blaster bolt usually kills a soldier. Just because something is poorly designes in universe doesnt mean something else cant work better. I've never seen Caps shield block a blaster bolt but I know it'd do better than the armor based on feats.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 05:57 PM
h1a8

For some strange reason I love when steverules post.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 06:19 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Why?

Originally posted by KingD19
I believe so. It was also stopped by a stone fixture during the battle at the Ministry of Magic.

Also Silent has a good point. In Star Wars Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper/First Order armor is supposed to keep people safe but a single blaster bolt usually kills a soldier. Just because something is poorly designes in universe doesnt mean something else cant work better. I've never seen Caps shield block a blaster bolt but I know it'd do better than the armor based on feats.

Better example would be the battle of Endor, armour did nothing for the storm troopers against the Care Bears

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 06:35 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Whether or not Star Wars magic can deflect Harry Potter magic is impossible to determine. That's why crossover V.S. battles need to have attached rules like "energy equivalence."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 06:50 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

That transmutation spell that Moody (Crouch Jr) used on Draco that turned him into a ferret had no physical aspect to block.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 09:44 PM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote