KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Luke Cage vs. LOTR Cave Troll

MCU Luke Cage vs. LOTR Cave Troll
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU Luke Cage vs. LOTR Cave Troll

Round 1: Moria Cave troll with the mace
Round 2: Armored Cave troll that smashed through the gates in Minas Tirith

who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:11 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Isn't Cage... like... retardedly durable?

Cave Troll had some good feats (especially if we include the extended edition), but it's a bit too much to put him on superhero levels.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 10:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Only advantage I can see the cave troll really having is size. Luke has him in speed, skill, durability, and quite possibly strength as well (been a while since I watched the LOTR films, so struggling to remember all the strength/striking feats).

Question is would Luke be willing to use lethal force in this instance, seeing as it's not a human opponent? Because morals could make a huge difference here, depending on how much damage Cage is actually willing to inflict. If he's not willing to really lay into the troll, he might get caught out in the process.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 04:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cage is more than willing to lay into anyone, in character, to win a fight. And he’s perfectly capable of winning this one, for reasons you already pointed out.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 05:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Does the cave troll owe Luke money?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 05:55 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yes

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 09:12 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well that settles it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 10:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so Luke versus fly, h1 and LoM

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 10:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke wins.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 08:34 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Those trolls could hit pretty hard. I still think like wins

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 12:03 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Those trolls could hit pretty hard. I still think like wins

There was only one Cave Troll in the whole movie trilogy (excluding the Bilbo ones that were turned to stone).

In The Return of the King, Gothmog commanded the Olog-hai - "upgraded" trolls that weren't vulnerable to sunlight.

And at the Black Gate, Aragorn fought a Chieftain.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 12:56 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke wins. He's far more durable than the trolls, and he seems stronger too. We saw that arrows could hurt the trolls.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 04:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

"Sweet Christmas!"

Said just before Luke uppercuts any of the trolls into the realm of Oblivion (mixing fantasy worlds, I know I know).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 07:25 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote