KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Groot vs. Treebeard

Groot vs. Treebeard
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Groot vs. Treebeard

Groot (GOTG 1) vs Treebeard the Ent (LOTR: The Two Towers and the Return of the King).

Fight takes place at the Ewok village on Endor at dusk. Lots of trees and objects to utilize.

Anything goes, to the death.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Oct 3rd, 2019 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 06:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Groot is quite a bit smaller than Treebeard. What can actually hurt an Elder Ent aside from lots of fire?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 06:23 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Treebeard is bigger and seems quite stronger (throwing around boulders and such). That said, Groot has a healing factor and the capability to modify his size and shape (to a degree) to assist him in fighting.

I'd put my money behind Groot, since I feel like he's more adapted to fighting and has more options. But it's certainly possible that Treebeard is simply too big and tough for him to handle.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 06:28 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Groot is quite a bit smaller than Treebeard. What can actually hurt an Elder Ent aside from lots of fire?

Lots and lots of axes?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 06:29 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

The ents are pretty strong. Groot has quite a bit going for him as well. I'm gonna go with Treebeard for now.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 06:48 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

The tree wins.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 08:04 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd go with Groot despite being smaller. His ability to spread out and create stabbing and whipping vines might be able to entangle the Ent's arms and break them off for a win.

But I could also see the Ent grabbing Groot and ripping him in twain.

So 6/10 Groot.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 08:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd go with Groot despite being smaller. His ability to spread out and create stabbing and whipping vines might be able to entangle the Ent's arms and break them off for a win.

But I could also see the Ent grabbing Groot and ripping him in twain.

So 6/10 Groot.

Pretty much my thoughts. Groot's ability to weaponize his appendages (or create shields with them) should allow him to eventually whittle down the Ent. Plus he's faster.

Of course, that's assuming Treebeard isn't strong enough to simply grab hold of him and rip him apart.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2019 08:39 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am goot

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 02:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote