KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » White Wolf showdown: Geralt vs Jon Snow

White Wolf showdown: Geralt vs Jon Snow
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Tongue White Wolf showdown: Geralt vs Jon Snow

- Fight takes place outside the gates of Winterfell.
- Geralt has his standard gear and has just chugged a potion.
- Jon is in full plot armor and wielding Longclaw.
- Fight to the death.

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 06:11 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Geralt wins. Plot armor means he doesn't kill Jon and they tag team Daenerys

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 06:39 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Even zombie dragons are helpless in the face of Jon's plot armor though. Poor thing can barely open its mouth without effort.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 08:06 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, he's actually killed a pretty ridiculous amount of people onscreen, even if you ignore the dragon kills.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 08:22 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah and the thief kid with the knife made him look like a pussy. Geralt is beyond GOT.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 11:32 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah and the thief kid with the knife made him look like a pussy. Geralt is beyond GOT.

laughing

lol poor Jon is never going to live that down.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 09:17 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, then how many Jons would need to dogpile Geralt to make this a more fair fight then? Because, objectively speaking, Jon, in terms of pure actual screen feats, is probably one of the most well-established fighters on the show (unlike the books, where he is perfectly competent but nothing outstanding). So, he is actually a good measuring stick for how Geralt compares to a GoT elite fighter (at least show-wise) that doesn't have weird medical experimentation crap turning them into a zombie going on.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 12th, 2020 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 03:45 AM
SquallX

Book Jon may not be Arthur, Barristan and Jaime with both hands good. But he’s still good enough to hold his own for a while, especially after becoming Lord Commander.

All Jon did as Lord Commander was issue commands, ran the Night Watch and train.

In the end of the book, I can see Jon going down as one of the best swordmans in all of Westeros.

Jon also gets a boost when he loses control.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 02:17 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They made a point to highlight that element with the show version more though. Like I said, book version is a perfectly capable fighter but, by his own admission, he needs to work hard to keep up his skill. In contrast, Phuckface (Ramsay) even commented when he met show Jon that people hype him up to be the best swordsman in the North. Though, on the flip side, book Jon is way smarter than show Jon, who is kind of an idiot (or at least a hothead).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 04:10 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Geralt one shits him

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 05:02 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Geralt stomps ofcourse. He is superhuman in almost any sense.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 05:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They made a point to highlight that element with the show version more though. Like I said, book version is a perfectly capable fighter but, by his own admission, he needs to work hard to keep up his skill. In contrast, Phuckface (Ramsay) even commented when he met show Jon that people hype him up to be the best swordsman in the North. Though, on the flip side, book Jon is way smarter than show Jon, who is kind of an idiot (or at least a hothead).

That’s indeed true in the smart department. Not only is book Jon smart, the little ****er is manipulative as ****. I would say he is just as manipulative as Tyrion, or Ramsey in a way.

This is after all the same Jon that took the Free Folks children as hostage to keep them in line, had Mellisandre glamor Mance and sent him to Winterfell. Married the Thenn’s chieftain to Northern house to keep them in line.

I would have honestly love to see that Jon instead of what the show gave us. Especially the uselessness of season 7 and 8 Jon.

She my queen.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 05:29 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, unfortunately his character was reduced to little more than his heritage in the final season of the show.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:03 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by SquallX
That’s indeed true in the smart department. Not only is book Jon smart, the little ****er is manipulative as ****. I would say he is just as manipulative as Tyrion, or Ramsey in a way.

This is after all the same Jon that took the Free Folks children as hostage to keep them in line, had Mellisandre glamor Mance and sent him to Winterfell. Married the Thenn’s chieftain to Northern house to keep them in line.

I would have honestly love to see that Jon instead of what the show gave us. Especially the uselessness of season 7 and 8 Jon.

She my queen.

Jon manipulative? How so? On the contrary, I see Jon more of a natural leader than a self-made leader like Tyrion.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:11 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, unfortunately his character was reduced to little more than his heritage in the final season of the show.

HBO even told the two, we are willing to give you more money not only to hire more writers, but to create more episodes, and more seasons. Martin said they had enough materials to go up to 10 seasons, yet those 2 dropped the ball.

It’s even made public, those 2 claimed they never understood the source material, and it was hard writing the series.

There also a deleted scene, where a soldier walks up toe Daenerys and spit at the feet once she reaches Winterfell, and all Jon did was to smile like an idiot. Mind you, this is the same Jon Snow that took Janos Slint head for disobeying his orders once he was made lord commander.

At last, I’ll leave it here. Talking about the shows last 2 seasons always annoys me.

Also, i don’t think those two will be getting a job for awhile for butchering GOT so badly. Even Disney fired them from their Star Wars trilogy.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:12 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Jon manipulative? How so? On the contrary, I see Jon more of a natural leader than a self-made leader like Tyrion.

Natural or no, those things are still manipulations so he can achieve his end goals. It’s not evil nor good, it’s just is.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:13 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Natural or no, those things are still manipulations so he can achieve his end goals. It’s not evil nor good, it’s just is.

When you think of being sneaky in the ASOIF world, Jon isn't the name that comes to bear.

I mean, I would never put him in par with Tyrion, Cersei or Littlefinger.

In fact, most of the things Jon achieved were pretty much due to his character rather than he making elavorate plans.

In most cases, Jon wasn't even looking to achieve these.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 08:01 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
When you think of being sneaky in the ASOIF world, Jon isn't the name that comes to bear.

I mean, I would never put him in par with Tyrion, Cersei or Littlefinger.

In fact, most of the things Jon achieved were pretty much due to his character rather than he making elavorate plans.

In most cases, Jon wasn't even looking to achieve these.

Manipulation no matter how little is still manipulation. Jon may not be evil in his manipulations, but he is still savage.

He kill Janos Slint as his first act as lord commander, that was Jon way of telling the other Night Watch, step out of line, and I’ll take your head.

Jon’s characters in the book is a manipulative man. He had to be to survive this long. Having Mance glamored and sneaking into Winterfell is Jon being manipulative. Holding the Free Folk’s children as hostages is manipulative. Making a Karstark to a Thenn is manipulative. That marriage right there secured 2 houses to him. They will be loyal to Jon first and foremost.

All those plans were elaborate plans. Jon did indeed see the end goal. He wanted to rally the Free Folk behind him and defending not only the wall, but also fighting Ramsey, because he believes Ramsey had Arya.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 12:03 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Manipulation no matter how little is still manipulation. Jon may not be evil in his manipulations, but he is still savage.

He kill Janos Slint as his first act as lord commander, that was Jon way of telling the other Night Watch, step out of line, and I’ll take your head.

Jon’s characters in the book is a manipulative man. He had to be to survive this long. Having Mance glamored and sneaking into Winterfell is Jon being manipulative. Holding the Free Folk’s children as hostages is manipulative. Making a Karstark to a Thenn is manipulative. That marriage right there secured 2 houses to him. They will be loyal to Jon first and foremost.

All those plans were elaborate plans. Jon did indeed see the end goal. He wanted to rally the Free Folk behind him and defending not only the wall, but also fighting Ramsey, because he believes Ramsey had Arya.

Everyone is manipulative to a certain degree. But characterizing Jon as "manipulative" isn't just it.

I mean, he never intended to be Commander of the Night's Watch. Damn, he dying wasn't even part of his plan.

He killing Slint was a command not a scheme. Slint was for long a pain in the ass; Jon was basically forced to kill him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 12:43 AM
John Murdoch

Plot armor Jon wins due to a Winterfell gate falling off its hinges and onto Geralt or some other shenanigans.

For real though, Geralt and Jon trade a few blows till Geralt cleaves him in two.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 03:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote