KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

So who wins in a punchfest - the smartest man of the Watchmen world or the super soldier of F&F?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 07:02 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

What's a punchfest?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 09:00 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
So who wins in a punchfest - the smartest man of the Watchmen world or the super soldier of F&F?

In a punch fest i’d say Brixton.

A drawn out fight would be interesting to see debated, w. Ozy’s brain and Brixton’s computer.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 10:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Re: Re: Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

I was simply being dramatic. I intended a fistfight, I didn't know punchfest=slugfest
Originally posted by h1a8
What's a punchfest?

If it means the same as a slugfest, it's two guys taking turns on hitting one while the other stands and takes the hits till one is KOd

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 01:42 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I was simply being dramatic. I intended a fistfight, I didn't know punchfest=slugfest

If it means the same as a slugfest, it's two guys taking turns on hitting one while the other stands and takes the hits till one is KOd

As crazy as it is sounds. Both Hobbs and Shaw had better resistance against punches than Brixton.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 02:18 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Re: Re: Re: Brixton vs Ozymandias h2h

Originally posted by h1a8
As crazy as it is sounds. Both Hobbs and Shaw had better resistance against punches than Brixton.

They had to deal w. Brixton’s punches, which were shown to be more than human, he had to deal w. theirs, which, while obscenely cartoonish at times, are still human, by F&F standards, so yeah, your statement actually makes sense.

Now, the question is, what Ozy feats show he’d be capable of taking Brixton’s punches.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 02:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by riv6672
They had to deal w. Brixton’s punches, which were shown to be more than human, he had to deal w. theirs, which, while obscenely cartoonish at times, are still human, by F&F standards, so yeah, your statement actually makes sense.

Now, the question is, what Ozy feats show he’d be capable of taking Brixton’s punches.

I never argued that Ozy wins here. Just that Brixton isn't as durable as he is strong. Brixton hits harder than either Hobbs or Shaw. That's a fact. But they can take his punches and he can't take their punches.

Ozy took about 3-4 haymakers from Niteowl without being affected. It took a few more just to cause a minor abrasion on his cheek bone and a few more to get a minor laceration on his lip.

I would say Hobbs and Shaw have better durability than Ozy but Ozy isn't a slouch. Ozy is at least as strong as either Hobbs or Shaw.

Last edited by h1a8 on Feb 3rd, 2020 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 02:43 PM
riv6672

quote:
I never argued that Ozy wins here.

^^^Oh no, i was just saying you’d made a good observation, one I hadn’t thought of previously.
The rest of my post was just me thinking out loud, not to you in particular. thumb up

quote:
Ozy took about 3-4 haymakers from Niteowl without being affected. It took a few more just to cause a minor abrasion on his cheek bone and a few more to get a minor laceration on his lip.

^^^Again, good point(s). We saw Nite Owl’s striking be pretty devastating in other fight scenes.
Personally I wouldn’t rate Nite Owl as stronger than Hobbs based on striking feats, as Hobbs has legit strength feats, an argument for comparable striking is for sure there! thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 04:36 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think Brixton being unable to take repeated hits had more to do with the sensitive computer bits in his head than anything else. Because no one seemed to be inflicting more than superficial physical damage on each other. But Brixton's AI was getting scrambled from repeated hits. Plus, we also see him shrug off a number of other things throughout the film, like Hobbs crashing on top of him into a car, having the SUV flipped onto him, all that stuff collapsed onto him when they were fighting on the back of the truck and smashing through a bus at one point. So, it seemed to me that his physical durability was pretty good but his more intricate cranial/ocular implants not so much. Basically, you need to go for the head, as Thanos would put it.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 4th, 2020 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 03:34 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betatesthighlan

Ozy comes from the 80s, but he was the most intelligent man on Earth, would he be able to figure out the computers? I am kinda thinking not, TBH.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 08:13 AM
Betatesthighlan is currently offline Click here to Send Betatesthighlan a Private Message Find more posts by Betatesthighlan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snoke invades this thread and wins. Deal with it.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 08:05 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote