KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU: Lady Sif vs. Loki

MCU: Lady Sif vs. Loki
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU: Lady Sif vs. Loki

Melee/H2H only
Same scenarios as the Valkyrie battle in Ragnarok
Loki can use his daggers

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 08:24 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Good fight. I have no reasoning for this besides in Thor 1. Sir threatened to kill Loki and he seemed to believe that she could and would. And she is the warrior type.

On the other hand. Loki has insane durability feats. The Hulk smash and he fell for 30 minutes in Stranges spell. A 30 minute free fall would be like reentry from orbit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 08:33 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It seemed implied that Sif was the better warrior, however she just doesn't have enough feats and we debate here via feats. Even if I include her AoS fights, she only fought a Kree warrior and an Asgardian Sorceress. Not exactly as impressive as Loki fighting Thor twice or punking Cap or withstanding an assault from Hulk or catching an arrow blindisded. So yeah, Loki for the win.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 11:09 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Loki.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 11:41 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i do not recall lady sif ding anything of consequence

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 03:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Most of it is in agents of SHIELD

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 05:34 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I almost made myself look foolish. I was about to argue that Sif took down Hulk, even as a joke, and it was blatantly obvious she was a threat to Thor...was thinking of Valkyrie this entire time.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 08:49 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
I almost made myself look foolish. I was about to argue that Sif took down Hulk, even as a joke, and it was blatantly obvious she was a threat to Thor...was thinking of Valkyrie this entire time.

^^^I came in thinking Valkyrie, too.

Loki FTW, for reasons stated.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Stabbing Destroyer?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 03:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

If this was Valkyrie she one-shotted / 3-shotted Loki in few seconds on-screen. Not much to discuss there

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 03:55 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Yes Valkyrie beats Loki and Loki beats Sif.

A good fight might be Valkyrie vs Loki and Sif.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 04:04 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So Sif is an average Asgardian but a true warrior and very skilled.

Valkyrie is definitely amped up beyond the average Asgardian.

Loki is definitely beyond a frost giant as far as durability goes.

Stabbing the Destroyer was cool but it just slid between slats.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 04:56 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So Sif is an average Asgardian but a true warrior and very skilled.

Valkyrie is definitely amped up beyond the average Asgardian.

Loki is definitely beyond a frost giant as far as durability goes.

Stabbing the Destroyer was cool but it just slid between slats.

Nothing we've seen from Valkyrie depicts her as being more amped than Sif. It's just that Sif doesn't have as much feats.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 10:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by FrothByte
Most of it is in agents of SHIELD

are those feats available?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Stabbing Destroyer?

i remember that but she didn't him harm

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 11:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Nothing we've seen from Valkyrie depicts her as being more amped than Sif. It's just that Sif doesn't have as much feats.

What? Brunnhilde is clearly on a different level from every Asgardian beside from Thor, Odin and Hela. Thor even fanboys over her when they meet up as Valkyries are Odin's personal spec ops. Valkyries are literally a different class that you seem to be born as.

No member of the Warriors 3 can take Hulk down like he's a big puppy or at least physically wrestle with Thor.

Valkyrie doesn't have a bunch of feats, but she's easily surpassed what Sif did. She even took down a Leviathan, which only a few people have done.

Sif's biggest feat is kicking an TV trailer sideways and not really moving when a shotgun hits her armor.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 12:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
What? Brunnhilde is clearly on a different level from every Asgardian beside from Thor, Odin and Hela. Thor even fanboys over her when they meet up as Valkyries are Odin's personal spec ops. Valkyries are literally a different class that you seem to be born as.

No member of the Warriors 3 can take Hulk down like he's a big puppy or at least physically wrestle with Thor.

Valkyrie doesn't have a bunch of feats, but she's easily surpassed what Sif did. She even took down a Leviathan, which only a few people have done.

Sif's biggest feat is kicking an TV trailer sideways and not really moving when a shotgun hits her armor.

Thor fanboys over her because she was part of an elite squad, but being part of an elite squad doesn't mean that you are physically amped above other elite fighters. Same way a Navy Seal black ops isn't physically amped beyond an elite MMA fighter for example.

Valkyrie never took down Hulk. She was playfully tagging him. She took down a leviathan by using a flying horse and her Asgardian weapon. It's not like she did it via pure strength.

Lastly, Sif is no mere average Asgardian. She's one of the best warriors in Asgard as Thor himself mentioned in the movie.

I don't doubt that Valkyrie is stronger than Sif or a better fighter, same way that some fighters are stronger and better than others, but nothing she's done shows that she's somehow "amped". In fact, nothing we've seen from the movies show that some Asgardians are amped or whatever, at least not when it comes to physical attributes.

Last edited by FrothByte on Mar 1st, 2020 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 02:09 AM
h1a8

Thor fanboys over her because she was part of an elite squad, but being part of an elite squad doesn't mean that you are physically amped above other elite fighters. Same way a Navy Seal black ops isn't physically amped beyond an elite MMA fighter for example.

Valkyrie never took down Hulk. She was playfully tagging him. She took down a leviathan by using a flying horse and her Asgardian weapon. It's not like she did it via pure strength.

Lastly, Sif is no mere average Asgardian. She's one of the best warriors in Asgard as Thor himself mentioned in the movie.

I don't doubt that Valkyrie is stronger than Sif or a better fighter, same way that some fighters are stronger and better than others, but nothing she's done shows that she's somehow "amped". In fact, nothing we've seen from the movies show that some Asgardians are amped or whatever, at least not when it comes to physical attributes.

We go by feats. Valkyrie is way stronger than Sif. Skill could be a wash though. But her feat on Hulk, Loki, and her casually throwing a being a long ass distance away.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 08:21 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
We go by feats. Valkyrie is way stronger than Sif. Skill could be a wash though. But her feat on Hulk, Loki, and her casually throwing a being a long ass distance away.

Valkyrie never fought Hulk. She didn't defeat Loki via outmuscling him. And Sif also has a feat of throwing a being a long ass distance away.

Yes, we go by feats, and Valkyrie has done nothing to convince me that she's amped to levels beyond that of other elite Asgardian warriors.

I do agree she wins though.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 10:52 AM
ShadowFyre

She is way older than Sif and part of a far more elite unit.

It wasn't that she took down Hulk, she literally did it with zero effort.

I honestly don't know though. I really think they are pretty close.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 12:40 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
She is way older than Sif and part of a far more elite unit.

It wasn't that she took down Hulk, she literally did it with zero effort.

I honestly don't know though. I really think they are pretty close.

Dude, she never took down Hulk, with or without effort. Stop using that as a feat. He took a playful swipe at her which she dodged, then she pulled on his leg and kicked him while he was off balance.

What exactly does that prove? That she's faster than a playful Hulk? That she's strong enough to topple an out of balance Hulk? Those are things Sif can easily replicate.

Like I said, I do think Valkyrie is the better warrior than Sif, but nothing she's done proves that she's amped beyond Sif levels. Being older makes her more experienced, not necessarily stronger.

And Sif was not a member of any elite unit, she was an elite warrior on her own. As in she got recognition from her exploits alone rather than through membership in a group. It's like asking who's a more skilled fighter: a navy seal or an MMA champion?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 05:33 PM