KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Harry Potter (Harry Potter films) vs Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith)

Harry Potter (Harry Potter films) vs Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith)
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Potter (Harry Potter films) vs Anakin Skywalker (Revenge of the Sith)

The wizard Harry Potter is in a fight against the rogue Jedi Anakin Skywalker in this death match.

Location: Petranaki arena (Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones).

Old Post May 26th, 2020 01:31 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Love is definitely not gonna help him this time.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 01:44 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Vader was completely submerged in lava and survived. I don't think potter has enough raw fire power to put him down

Old Post May 26th, 2020 03:48 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

PETRIFICUS TOTALUS

Old Post May 26th, 2020 04:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
PETRIFICUS TOTALUS

Anakin Force pulled him onto his saber before he could finish the spell and aim his wand and fire off the spell.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 05:49 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by KingD19
Anakin Force pulled him onto his saber before he could finish the spell and aim his wand and fire off the spell.

Are you implying Anakin has something against younglings...? wink

Old Post May 26th, 2020 06:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Potter wins. Magic kills, lad.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 06:56 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Are you implying Anakin has something against younglings...? wink

Fighting younglings actually gives him a +5 to initiative.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 06:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Pothead dies... Anakin loves him some younglings lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 26th, 2020 07:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Love is definitely not gonna help him this time.

If only their moms both were named martha...

Old Post May 26th, 2020 10:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Surtur
If only their moms both were named martha...

That is one meme that will never die.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 11:13 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Force >>>>> Hogwarts magic.

Anakin steals Harry's wand and then kills him.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 27th, 2020 04:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I think even Harry at his best would have trouble with Anakin. Anakin is just much faster, much better reflexes. But it's not a bad matchup, I could potentially see it go in Harry's favor in some cases, if he can start with a spell that's very difficult to dodge perhaps.

This is assuming it is a blind match up, if Harry were to know about the abilities of the force and Anakin in particular and could prepare appropriate spells I think he'd have a much better chance, and would win most of the time.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 10:46 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Wouldn't anakin have similar knowledge and prep, thus nullifying any advantage harry would get?

Old Post May 28th, 2020 04:24 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Harry, obviously, in an avada Ke-stompa. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Wouldn't anakin have similar knowledge and prep, thus nullifying any advantage harry would get?

Not in the way I see it, I think Anakin doesn't really have much room for improvement with prep, he's pretty far at top of his game and there's not a great pool of things he could do differently. The nature of magic in the Harry Potter universe is different though. There are an incredible amount of spells, many that have to be learned through research, that do very different things, so if he knew what kind of powers Anakin has, he could find the most fitting spell.

To expand on that, I don't think that what the poster above me say would work, disregarding that Harry Potter does not really use Avada Kedavra, the way these spells work is that they are similar to a slow gun, at best as fast as a blaster bolt perhaps, and Anakin having amazing reflexes would be able to dodge these, close the gap between them or even choke Harry very quickly. So a standard spell like that would not work, in my opinion, if he had an effective large area spell, and knew that he needs to use it on the other hand that advantage could be negated.

That's just how I see it going in my mind right now though.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 09:13 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I feel that's a disingenuous approach as it ascribes to harry feats and abilities he does not actually have. Might as well make it an amalgamation of every great hp wizard vs anakin at that point

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:01 PM
riv6672

That’s overkill. All you need is Harry.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 06:19 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I feel that's a disingenuous approach as it ascribes to harry feats and abilities he does not actually have. Might as well make it an amalgamation of every great hp wizard vs anakin at that point

I see your point, I would not agree with it exactly though. I don't think Harry would have to be as good as Dumbledore, just a few days in studying in the Hogwarts library, like we have seen in many of the movies. My point is more that without knowing the specifics of this it's a bit unclear to me what would happen.

If Harry and Anakin got suddenly teleported into the arena, with no knowledge of each other, and only an imperative to kill, I think Anakin would take it, in that specific scenario, as I said.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 12:33 AM
KingD19

Its going to take him more than a few days to learn a plethora of new spells needed to specifically deal with Anakin. Why not have Yoda teach him how to catch energy or Mace Windu teach him Vaapad so he can learn to efficiently use his anger and dark side energy? He never used those powers but they aren't specific to the people who used them and if anyone could learn quickly it would be Anakin.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 12:46 AM