KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Adonis Creed vs. Clubber Lang

Adonis Creed vs. Clubber Lang
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Both characters at his peak.

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 08:36 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'll actually give it to Donnie. He's taken down multiple world champions and fought in light heavyweight and heavyweight classes. And studying under Rocky, he has more than likely studied film on Lang.

More importantly though, Lang only beat Rocky because he fought him at his lowest(hadn't been training well, Mick had a heart attack, etc...). Then he fell victim to Rocky in the rematch because he learned a new style from Apollo Creed based on speed, which Adonis is possibly even faster than his dad and has a decent amount of power to go with it.

And even worse for Clubber, he had no stamina and Rocky took him down in the 3rd round because he gassed himself trying to land hits. Donnie went up a weight class to Heavyweight, and when he beat Viktor Drago, he did so by outlasting him because he never had to go past 4 rounds.

Also he's just a better boxer imo.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 09:00 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I'll actually give it to Donnie. He's taken down multiple world champions and fought in light heavyweight and heavyweight classes. And studying under Rocky, he has more than likely studied film on Lang.

More importantly though, Lang only beat Rocky because he fought him at his lowest(hadn't been training well, Mick had a heart attack, etc...). Then he fell victim to Rocky in the rematch because he learned a new style from Apollo Creed based on speed, which Adonis is possibly even faster than his dad and has a decent amount of power to go with it.

And even worse for Clubber, he had no stamina and Rocky took him down in the 3rd round because he gassed himself trying to land hits. Donnie went up a weight class to Heavyweight, and when he beat Viktor Drago, he did so by outlasting him because he never had to go past 4 rounds.

Also he's just a better boxer imo.

Nicely put.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2020 08:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I have yet to see either Creed. King's post makes me wanna change that.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:13 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I have yet to see either Creed. King's post makes me wanna change that.

Love the first one, but for some reason I had/have no intention of seeing the 2nd one. Don’t know why.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:25 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

They're both awesome films. They really show not only great boxing, but good acting, good story, and tons of chemistry between the cast. Even though you're rooting for Adonis, the movies make it clear he's a person with issues and flaws and not some unbeatable uber boxer. You should watch the sequel, Squall. It's great.

I just hope if a third gets made, they don't try to find yet another son of an original Rocky fighter for him to fight. It'd get stale at that point.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I just hope if a third gets made, they don't try to find yet another son of an original Rocky fighter for him to fight. It'd get stale at that point.

Youre so right!

It worked hella well for part two though. Seeing Rocky/Drago deal w. the memories of their original encounter, and their sons, spiritual and blood, carry on that legacy of pain...good stuff!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by riv6672
Youre so right!

It worked hella well for part two though. Seeing Rocky/Drago deal w. the memories of their original encounter, and their sons, spiritual and blood, carry on that legacy of pain...good stuff!

Indeed. You also saw Ivan realize the fear and anxiety Apollo's camp and family felt when he killed him towards the end of the sons championship fight, since before the fight with Donnie he straight up tells Rocky that Viktor will break him, then he tells Viktor directly to break Adonis.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 04:05 PM
riv6672

Yeah that was low key, intense and well acted really.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 05:31 PM
juggerman

I'm a big Clubber fan so take this with a gain of salt but the villains in Rocky III and IV were cartoon characters. Even Rocky himself was one in IV. Everyone else in the series was more grounded in reality. So I think Adonis is clearly the better boxer but he would lose to Clubber's inhuman characteristics

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 01:00 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Except Clubber gassed himself out against a Rocky who was nowhere near as fast as Donnie in only 3 rounds. Rocky even got training from Apollo on how to move quicker and stuff. Donnie gassed out and out fought Viktor who'd been trained by his dad all his life in 4 rounds. So he has more stamina, better speed and technique, and is just all around better.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 01:09 PM
juggerman

Great point. But Clubber only got gassed after Rocky started baiting him. I agree that Donnie could try the same tactic but IDK if her could take Clubber's blows. Rocky, who had legendary damage soak, couldn't stand toe to toe with Lang. I see Adonis getting KO'd by a few hits.

I don't think Drago Jr. came close to his father or Lang in power as they were much more outlandish in their portrayals and the Creed films were more grounded. Lil Drago would've been curbed too imo

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 01:23 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He didn't train properly for his original fight with Clubber though.

(I said this earlier)
More importantly though, Lang only beat Rocky because he fought him at his lowest(hadn't been training well, Mick had a heart attack, etc...). Then he fell victim to Rocky in the rematch because he learned a new style from Apollo Creed based on speed, which Adonis is possibly even faster than his dad and has a decent amount of power to go with it. (Donnie only ever won with KO's and knockdowns)

If Clubber couldn't land hits on Rocky, it'll be even harder to land hits on Adonis who is probably the fastest guy in any of the movies. And Viktor had plenty of power as no one had ever made it to 4 rounds with him before, thats why his stamina was so bad. He didn't need to train for long fights because nobody could hang long enough for it to matter.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 01:38 PM
h1a8

Adonis has to do the same strategy Rocky did in order to win.
Adonis durability is significantly lower than Rocky's or Lang's. Rocky hit Lang multiple times with 0 effect. Lang was only effected after he was extremely tired.
Lang hits hard as hell too. Adonis will definitely land more blows but once Lang hits Adonis then it will go downhill from there.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 13th, 2020 03:48 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by KingD19
He didn't train properly for his original fight with Clubber though.

(I said this earlier)
More importantly though, Lang only beat Rocky because he fought him at his lowest(hadn't been training well, Mick had a heart attack, etc...). Then he fell victim to Rocky in the rematch because he learned a new style from Apollo Creed based on speed, which Adonis is possibly even faster than his dad and has a decent amount of power to go with it. (Donnie only ever won with KO's and knockdowns)

If Clubber couldn't land hits on Rocky, it'll be even harder to land hits on Adonis who is probably the fastest guy in any of the movies. And Viktor had plenty of power as no one had ever made it to 4 rounds with him before, thats why his stamina was so bad. He didn't need to train for long fights because nobody could hang long enough for it to matter.

Well I was specifically referring to their second fight in Rocky III. Watch the fight and ask yourself what would happen if this happened irl. In round 1, Lang used no defense and took dozens of clean punches to his grill with seemingly zero effect. Imagine a professional boxer landing that many clean jabs and crosses on a man's face. Lang's damage soak was ridiculously inhuman. He was pissed but unhurt after all that. Even Captin America doesn't pull that no selling shit. Lang is a cartoon.

Then round 2 started and Lang ran out just to take the same shots to no effect. Then he FINALLY gets some offense and he begins to completely wreck Rocky. With just a few hits he completely kills everything Rocky did so far and nearly KOs him. Rocky's legendary durability goes to shit under Lang's short assault. It's so bad that Rocky has to completely change strategies on the fly. He would absolutely land shots on Adonis like he did Rocky and they would do more damage as Adonis is human and isn't an 80s action hero like Rocky.

Now we know how it ends. Rocky rope a dopes him and tires Lang out. Rocky goes punch for punch with everyone else in the series. The only guy he NEEDS to outsmart and outbox is Lang. Now you could argue that Adonis could've watched the fight and knows how to stop Lang, then yes he would easily beat him. But swap Adonis with Rocky in III and he would be crushed by Lang. I pity the fool

Old Post Aug 15th, 2020 05:12 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Doesn't donnie typically have rocky in his corner to give him strategies and advice? Creed has almost every advantage here

Old Post Aug 15th, 2020 05:47 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Clubber was a lone wolf. He liked it that way.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2020 04:05 PM
John Murdoch

Loved Creed, probably my favorite film of the Rocky franchise. For some reason - similar to Squall statement - I haven't seen Creed II. Reading this thread and doing some research on the movie, that'll change soon. I did spoil myself though: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I didn't know Milo Ventimiglia returned as Rocky's son. Very cool move promoting the series' continuity IMO

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 02:08 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Doesn't donnie typically have rocky in his corner to give him strategies and advice? Creed has almost every advantage here

With knowledge of Clubber, I think most people agree Adonis would win. I'm starting to have a hard time thinking that though as I'm not sure he would survive long enough to tire Lang out. Admittedly I'm a Lang fan but I'm trying to be as fair as I can

Old Post Aug 18th, 2020 12:40 AM
Jmanghan

Adonis would beat the dogshit out of Clubber, so would Rocky IV from Rocky IV.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 18th, 2020 04:03 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote