KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » David Dunn VS Hobbs

David Dunn VS Hobbs
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

David Dunn VS Hobbs

No weapons, strictly h2h.
Bane is guest referee.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 04:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gotta give it to Hobbs. Better fighter, better feats and no weakness where he can drown in an inch and a half of water.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 04:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, anyone can drown in an inch and a half of water, but I see your point. stick out tongue thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 05:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Well, anyone can drown in an inch and a half of water, but I see your point. stick out tongue thumb up

Yes, anyone can drown in an inch and a half of water, but most people aren't so weakened by water itself that a normal guy can step on the back of their head and keep them there when just previously they were rocking a jeep with their super hits lol.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 05:10 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Which I saw your point., dur. laughing

Just FYI, no water involved here.
I don’t need anyone H1-ing a bizarre mathematical formula trying to explain the wetness of water.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 05:13 PM
KingD19

Yeah I know. I'm just expressing my extreme disappointment in what that movie devolved into when it had so much potential.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 05:36 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I wonder what would happen if you shot Dunn with a water jet cutter.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 06:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah I know. I'm just expressing my extreme disappointment in what that movie devolved into when it had so much potential.

Agreed, that really screwed the whole trilogy for me.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 06:37 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by riv6672
Agreed, that really screwed the whole trilogy for me.

It was bound to happen though as Shaymalnannalnananah can't make multiple good movies in a row. Where he screwed up was he made "The Visit" right before he made Split, and then made Glass after that. Because Visit was actually a good movie, he used up the mojo and Glass turned out awful.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 06:58 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I wonder what would happen if you shot Dunn with a water jet cutter.

I assume a more intense version of what happens to anyone else. Instead of getting a deep cut though, he gets chopped in half.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 06:58 PM
riv6672

It was bound to happen though as Shaymalnannalnananah can't make multiple good movies in a row. Where he screwed up was he made "The Visit" right before he made Split, and then made Glass after that. Because Visit was actually a good movie, he used up the mojo and Glass turned out awful.

Dammit you’re right. The man needs to F’ing pace himself!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 06:59 PM
KingD19

Yeah if you look at his films, the trend is usually Good, good, bad. Or good then bad then good again. It's weird how consistent it actually is.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 07:06 PM
DeadpoolXXX

dunn overpowered the beast who could soak shotguns to the chest and flip over cars and shit.

he'd stuff the rock's head up his own ass.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 07:42 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
dunn overpowered the beast who could soak shotguns to the chest and flip over cars and shit.

he'd stuff the rock's head up his own ass.

And Hobbs took down Brixton who could casually flip an armored jeep that had been exploded onto him right back off, as opposed to Beast who struggled quite a bit to flip a cop car onto it's side, not all the way over.

Dunn if you watched Unbreakable and Glass is actually a terrible fighter. He almost lost to the murderer he'd been tracking despite his powers in the original movie. His strength and durability are impressive, but he's gonna struggle to even land a hit on Hobbs who is one of the best fighters in the F&F franchise, and also has his helicopter feat which is nothing to scoff at, as well as falling off a skyrscraper onto a car with a person on top of him and only needing a few days to fully heal a broken arm.

And while yes, he needed Shaw's help to beat Brix, it was because if you fought him 1v1 his targeting computer would let him predict all your moves so it was impossible to beat him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 09:14 PM
HulkIsHulk

And Hobbs took down Brixton who could casually flip an armored jeep that had been exploded onto him right back off

It wasn't anywhere casual, he clearly had to put effort into it and it occupied him long enough for the trio to bicker and then get away

as opposed to Beast who struggled quite a bit to flip a cop car onto it's side, not all the way over.

The Beast had one advantage. Being tough enough to take actual shotgun blasts

Dunn if you watched Unbreakable and Glass is actually a terrible fighter. He almost lost to the murderer he'd been tracking despite his powers in the original movie. His strength and durability are impressive, but he's gonna struggle to even land a hit on Hobbs who is one of the best fighters in the F&F franchise, and also has his helicopter feat which is nothing to scoff at, as well as falling off a skyrscraper onto a car with a person on top of him and only needing a few days to fully heal a broken arm.

agree with this though

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 09:36 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
It wasn't anywhere casual, he clearly had to put effort into it and it occupied him long enough for the trio to bicker and then get away

https://streamable.com/5jawj - He stopped it from crushing him as it flipped over with no leverage as he was pinned between it and another car.

https://streamable.com/u033g - He flips it back off a few seconds later.

Maybe casual was the wrong word, but he put far less effort into catching an armored jeep flipping over onto him, then flipping it right side up than Beast did flipping a cop car onto it's side.

https://gfycat.com/prestigiousmeatyfossa - The Beast

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 09:43 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

OP should have used this for Hobbs instead:

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 05:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay wait, I don't watch the Fast and Furious movies so is there any explanation given for the guy being blatantly superhuman? I mean I know all action movies tend to push the boundaries on what is possible, but damn.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Surtur
Okay wait, I don't watch the Fast and Furious movies so is there any explanation given for the guy being blatantly superhuman? I mean I know all action movies tend to push the boundaries on what is possible, but damn.

Specifically Dom and Hobbs just got tougher and stronger as the Franchise got more ridiculous.

Remember Dom stomped an entire parking deck into collapsing and jumped put of a car going at least 100+mph, cleared like 50 feet to catch Lettie and then crashed into another car with no injuries. He even held a supercar off the ground for a short while.

Shaw is near them but he's way more skill based than power.

And im sure Dom's brother(John Cena) will have some ridiculous feats in the upcoming movie.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 02:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've pretty much only seen the first movie, and they've come a long way from robbing trucks full of dvd players I guess.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 02:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote