KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Trek Weapons

Trek Weapons
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Trek Weapons

Maybe it's shallow but part of what always drew me to StarTrek was the arsenals on board the ships.

What is the most powerful:

Empire (in military terms)?
Single Weapon?
Starfleet Ship?
Non-Starfleet Ship?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Re: Trek Weapons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Maybe it's shallow but part of what always drew me to StarTrek was the arsenals on board the ships.

What is the most powerful:

Empire (in military terms)?
Single Weapon?
Starfleet Ship?
Non-Starfleet Ship?

The Borg aren't an Empire per say, but they're probably the most advanced, save for 8472.

Doomsday machine from TOS. Don't know who built it, but that thing was monstrous.

I could claim Voyager, given the extensive modifications that were done to it, but I hated that show towards the end. stick out tongue

Bree warships. Their scifi EMP-esque weapons wrecked havoc on the federation until they reverse engineered them.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Energy_dampening_weapon

Edit: Nevermind. Strike that last one. I forgot about the Scimitar.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Scimitar

Last edited by TricksterPriest on May 2nd, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:35 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Hmm, Genesis could have destroyed an entire planet "in favor of its new matrix".

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 12:37 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Empire (in military terms): The Borg. The Dominion have more troops, but I doubt it. Regardless, the Borg have much more powerful ships and effective techniques.

Single Weapon: A lot to choose from here. The trilithium probe from ST:Generations was pretty destructive. The Transphasic Torpedoes from the Voyager finale were also pretty impressive. Dunno if this counts, but the Krenim's temporal weapon would be tops for me, since it can pretty much erase entire civilizations from the space-time continuum.

Starfleet Ship: In the 24th century, either the Enterprise E or the USS Prometheus. Since the Prometheus is technically only a prototype, I'm inclined to go with the Enterprise.

Non-Starfleet Ship: Again, I'm inclined to go with the Krenim Weapon Ship. Not even the planet-busting Doomsday machine or 8472 can come close to the destructive effects of the Krenim's temporal weapon.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 5th, 2008 06:09 AM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

You know, i loved the Original series phasers....they had an extra phaser attached, and they not only were able to overload, but they could be used to re-power shuttles and stuff smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 6th, 2008 11:19 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

star trek sucks mega monkey man balls
evil face

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 06:56 PM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by pgdarth95
evil face

laughing Fail

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 07:24 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

How about those modified photon torpedoes "Charles Emmereson Winchester III" lobbed into some alien sun in the Next Generation series? IIRC, it took only six of them to push the star into nova/supernova mode.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 11:42 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by pgdarth95
evil face

Originally posted by Mindship
How about those modified photon torpedoes "Charles Emmereson Winchester III" lobbed into some alien sun in the Next Generation series? IIRC, it took only six of them to push the star into nova/supernova mode.

you talking about the trilithium probes in generations?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Raoul
you talking about the trilithium probes in generations?
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Hal...e_%28episode%29

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 12:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Badabing
Hmm, Genesis could have destroyed an entire planet "in favor of its new matrix".

Technically, you're pushing out the old tenants for the tenants. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 02:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oh, i remember that one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 05:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote