KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek humor in the movies.

Star Trek humor in the movies.
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Star Trek humor in the movies.

In the original Star Trek movies the humor seemed natural and cool. While as the TNG movies went on it felt forced...they tried to hard to be cool.

Anyone else feels this way?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 04:19 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I thought Star Trek: The Voyage Home had the best humor.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:14 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Trek humor in the movies.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
In the original Star Trek movies the humor seemed natural and cool. While as the TNG movies went on it felt forced...they tried to hard to be cool.

Given that most of the humour in the next generation revolved around Data then yes it can appear that way.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:04 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

The originals had the best humor cause Kirk Spock and McCoy had the best chemistry, and the Next generation never really captured that.
Funny moments in each of the movies that are part of my collection
I: Mccoy to Spock"This child is about to destroy every living thing on earth now what do you suggest we do spank it?"
II: McCoy to Kirk when Savik takes the Enterprise out" would you like a tranqulizer"
III: Kirk & McCoy"Does the Vulcan hand salute and asks how many fingers am i holding up?" McCoy "that green blooded son of a ***** it's his revenge for all those arguments he lost"
IV:Checkov"can you tell me where to find the nuclear wessels." and Spock "to hell i can't"
VI: Chang"we need breathing room" Kirk"earth, Hitler 1938"
VII:Worf"if you were any other man i would kill you where you stand"
That's it all the other movies i don't own and were crap
although V had probably the most humor but it was just stupid

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:33 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Forgot to add the new Star Trek movie
McCoy"she only left me with my bones"
and the funniest part when Krik, Sulu and the security guy (redshirt) that said "he can't wait to kick some romulan ass" then he dies a horrible death bay messing up and falling into the beam. I laughed so hard.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:52 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Badabing
I thought Star Trek: The Voyage Home had the best humor.

it did, those were some classic humorous lines...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 27th, 2009 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Star Trek humor in the movies.

Originally posted by The Nuul

That's because Worf had the most engaging personality. It was funny watching him be bad-ass, but he personally wasn't up there with the cranky McCoy, the chipper Scotty or the deadpan Spock. And Data was just Vulcan-lite with his issues.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 27th, 2009 09:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Forgot to add the new Star Trek movie
McCoy"she only left me with my bones"
and the funniest part when Krik, Sulu and the security guy (redshirt) that said "he can't wait to kick some romulan ass" then he dies a horrible death bay messing up and falling into the beam. I laughed so hard.

that made me chuckle...

the bit with chekov as well, when he's trying to beam spock and kirk back while they're falling, he's running through the corridors says "i can do that" that made me laugh

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 12:23 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Humor? In Star Trek?

I think the most intentional humor I've gotten out of Star Trek was the stuff with Data and/or Worf and when they (any crew) time travel and then don't know how to act properly.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:37 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Humor? In Star Trek?

I think the most intentional humor I've gotten out of Star Trek was the stuff with Data and/or Worf and when they (any crew) time travel and then don't know how to act properly.

Anyone with Balki Bartokomous in their avater can't have a bad sense of humor.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:55 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

how is worf threatening to tear picard in half funny? he would have done it...

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Humor? In Star Trek?

i think it's kind of sad that DS9 never got a movie, because in that show, worf was comedy gold at times. the man defined the word "deadpan" more than once.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

That exchange made me laugh in Undiscovered country round the mess table.

The ubiquitous and afformentioned "Earth, Hitler 1938...."

"You not experienced Shakespear unless until you have read the original Klingon" etc...

The whole "Dont tell me..... Tuesday..." in ST VI..

Scotty's "I know this ship like the back of my hand..." in ST V.

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind...?" etc

Theres loads of it in ST.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:40 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Thats no humor thats just down right respect shown there, Picard was a total ass to Worf and the only thing that stopped Worf from killing him was cause he had so much respect for the guy

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 29th, 2009 03:26 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That exchange made me laugh in Undiscovered country round the mess table.

The ubiquitous and afformentioned "Earth, Hitler 1938...."

"You not experienced Shakespear unless until you have read the original Klingon" etc...

The whole "Dont tell me..... Tuesday..." in ST VI..

Scotty's "I know this ship like the back of my hand..." in ST V.

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind...?" etc

Theres loads of it in ST.

the best for me is mccoy's line when they're rigging the torpedo. Chang is spouting shakespeare, and McCoy goes "I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

gold.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2009 04:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by steverules_2
Thats no humor thats just down right respect shown there, Picard was a total ass to Worf and the only thing that stopped Worf from killing him was cause he had so much respect for the guy

It's not funny, like falling out of your chair, but it did make me laugh.
I guess i have a dark sense of humor that's why i pissed myself laughing when the red shirt fell into the beam in the new movie.
and why i think Cable Guy is Jim Carrey's best movie.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 04:25 PM
steverules_2

It's not funny, like falling out of your chair, but it did make me laugh.
I guess i have a dark sense of humor that's why i pissed myself laughing when the red shirt fell into the beam in the new movie.
and why i think Cable Guy is Jim Carrey's best movie.

That was funny to me as well actually...cause the red shirts always die, so when they were about to beam down I was like 'ok which one is in red?' then I saw and I was like 'he's gonna die' and then hey presto he die's lol. Star Trek got a little...predictable for a member of star fleet beaming down who was wearing red....you knew that guy/girl wasn't coming back.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 29th, 2009 05:47 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bones: I'm a doctor, not an engineer
Scotty: Now you're an engineer

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 29th, 2009 06:16 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Final Frontier: Kirk - on the enterprise - "We need all the power you can muster mister!"

Final Frontier: Spock - on earth, kirk free climbing - "Greetings Captain, I do not think you realize the gravity of your situation..."

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:38 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I think it was unintentional but in the latest one latest one I thought it was pretty amusing when the giant letters say "VULCAN" and panned over the planet from orbit and then later the exact same letters say "IOWA" and the camera panned across a little country road.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 11:09 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by dadudemon
Anyone with Balki Bartokomous in their avater can't have a bad sense of humor.

Of course I don't, I just like certain kinds of humor. Usually the kind I don't see coming.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote