KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Toy Discussion Thread

Star Trek Toy Discussion Thread
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Star Trek Toy Discussion Thread

I don't know if there is one of these so I made one. Hopefully we can discuss any Star Trek collectable toys that you have. I actually don't have any yet but am wondering if anybody has any of the Next Generation action figures from the 90's? I saw some on Ebay but wanted to know what they are like and how posable they are etc.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 07:40 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

(please log in to view the image)

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 05:55 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

i hate you.

off the top of my head, i can remember having:

Lights and Sounds TNG K'Vort Class BOP
Lights and Sounds Enterprise D (Generations) with battle damage
Lights and Sounds Borg Sphere from First Contact
Lights and Sounds Defiant
Lights and Sounds Enterprise B
Lights and Sounds Enterprise E from First Contact

As far as figures go, i bought a bunch on ebay before Paypal screwed me over. I have a bunch of first contact figures, and a few of the TNG ones. never opened em, but i like how they sculpted the hands to hold the phasers properly. the season 3 riker figure is probably my favourite star trek figure ever.

i had ds9 worf in his season 4 gear. sisko in the same uniform. i had the talking commander riker figure.

when they started doing the 6" figures recently, i bought season 6 riker and first contact picard...

i have a bunch of prop replicas too, though not all of them are fully constructed just yet.

its all back in ireland, so i don't know em all...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

How did PayPal screw you over?

And how posable are the action figures? I have quite a few of the Star Wars ones do they compare to them?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 01:33 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by snoopdogg
How did PayPal screw you over?

And how posable are the action figures? I have quite a few of the Star Wars ones do they compare to them?

paypal insisted that i could only use a credit card, even though the method of payment i was using (disposable credit card vouchers) was perfectly legal.

they're poseable enough. shoulder, elbow, and sometimes wrist twists. v shaped crotches iirc, with knee articulation. it's what you'd expect from a figure in the early 90s.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

i have that.. i also have several trek model kits which include the enterprise, E-d, E-e, ds9..

also have action figures of kirk, spock, picard and worf

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 11:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Can you get pictures of your stuff? I'm a huge Star Wars dude but am looking to get some Star Trek stuff also.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Can you get pictures of your stuff? I'm a huge Star Wars dude but am looking to get some Star Trek stuff also.

they're back in ireland, so sorry, i can't.

i have some star wars stuff too, actually lol...

my biggest thing these days is the dc classics figures. they're btchin.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:21 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I saw the DC figures at Target the other day. I see they have the 3/34" scale ones now but I didn't buy them. Do you have the small figures? That's primarily the ones I collect now.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:59 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I saw the DC figures at Target the other day. I see they have the 3/34" scale ones now but I didn't buy them. Do you have the small figures? That's primarily the ones I collect now.

nah, i go for the 6" ones, though i havent bought any since before i moved. i bought captain marvel and regeneration suit superman most recently...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 05:00 AM
steverules_2

The only star trek figures I have are 3 borg (one being lacutus aka picard) and one of them still boxed and I got picard from first contact. But I'm more a star wars fan and I got a huge collection of that stuff.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 09:58 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i have some star wars stuff too, though not nearly as much as i have comics or star trek...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:29 AM
steverules_2

I've bought quite a few of the star wars vehicles, I've got: The millennium falcon, slave 1 (from AOTC), AT-AT, Tei fighter and...lukes speeder...oh and anakins pod racer...the rest of the Star wars stuff is just characters, got a few rare boxed ones smile

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 03:39 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by steverules_2
I've bought quite a few of the star wars vehicles, I've got: The millennium falcon, slave 1 (from AOTC), AT-AT, Tei fighter and...lukes speeder...oh and anakins pod racer...the rest of the Star wars stuff is just characters, got a few rare boxed ones smile

dang, sounds like quite a collection. when i was a kid (in the mid 80s) i had tons of the kenner figures and such, but over the years they disappeared. in recent years i got back in to it, but only have around a dozen figures...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 04:31 PM
steverules_2

My cousin had a whole load of star wars action figures when he was a kid, the vintage stuff that would cost like...well alot nowa days, and he had taken them with him in a box somewhere (on holiday perhaps) and when he got in a taxi he left them behind by accident..he never got them back, if it had been me I woulda been gutted.

But yeah some of the ones I have were a real b!tch to get, most of them I got off ebay smile

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 05:09 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I still have my vintage Boba Fett action figure and it's in awesome shape.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 10:31 PM