KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Captain Picard Respect Thread.

Captain Picard Respect Thread.
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Captain Picard Respect Thread.

Captain Picard is a ****in' boss!

For instance, when Picard was going to get his physical to be sure he could handle the new artificial heart upgrade, the physicians state: "He is in top physical condition."

Also, Picard took on 3 Klingons, at once, that tried to assassinate him when he was helping Worf through his Father's dishonor. Sure, he took some damage, but he was holding his own, killed one....I think knocked out the other and was literally holding off the blade of the last guy (implying Picard is ALMOST as strong as an assassin Klingon...which is absurd).

Captain Picard also WTF sucker punched a ship invader in a season 3 episode. I mean he flattened the guy. I need to find that episode again but it was plain awesome.

If I can find some clips, I will.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 07:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

my fave star trek captain

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 08:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Sisko is who Picard wishes he could be Happy Dance

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 09:22 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut94
You don't say?

Picard's the boss.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:39 PM
juggernaut94 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut94 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

That's how Picard rolls.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 11:41 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

More respect incoming!

An admiral said that Captain Picard was the first person in all of academy history to win the marathon. He said that Picard run up the hill like a pimp and claimed victory. Picard is a super athlete. big grin

Picard also is one of the best strategists I have ever seen in a sci-fi series.

He was so damn smart that when he got abducted, one of the very first things he said to the people in the "cell" with him was asking a fellow starfleet officer how much she knew about him. He tricked her into admitting about knowledge that she should not have known because it was classified, still, and it would not be taught at the academy (the alien was pretending to be a freshman at starfleet academy). He did this at the very beginning of his capture and then later revealed his trump card after pretending to not know that he figured her out from the beginning. It was awesome.

Then he got the aliens to bring him back to his ship and then tricked them and got them into force fields. It was awesome. Reminded me of Saw a bit.

Anyway, Picard is definitely the best strategist out of the Star-Trek captains. I would have to agree with Robtard that Kirk is probably the best fighter out of the group (if we ignore the time-specific fight choreography being horrendous and ret-con it for modern fight stuff from Klingons).

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 04:14 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Old Post Apr 15th, 2012 01:11 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

It is apparent to me now that in First Contact he was not really angry at the Borg - that was just the cover for the lack of Earl Grey consumption.

It all fits really, when the Borg took over they must have instinctively knew he thrived on it and changed the replicators to give him Lapsang Souchong. After which, he then went loco on the Borgs in the Holodeck for this travesty, trying to find not the instructions to the Borg Collective but the codes to give him his Earl Grey back. The walk to the deflector disk was also a cover, for he learned that the Borg were having an Earl Grey tea party just to piss him off and were sending him mental images of taste and sound and he couldn't resist. Still not having the codes and in a furious rage he risked certain death by pissing off Worf!!That's how unclear his mind was.

Driven half-mad with lust for Earl Grey he then sat in a room, not modifying his rifle but really trying to create an impromptu Earl Grey replicator until Lily started coming in jabbering at him. Dazed and confused he couldn't really understand what she was talking about until she said 'Jean-Luc, blow up the damn ship!'. Only Picard's iron will stopped him from vaporizing this upstart. Without the ship where would the Earl Grey come from? he wondered. He stopped short of murder but in smashing his ship cabinet his rudimentary Earl Grey maker was damaged.

In a stupor he ordered the evacuation and made peace with Worf. Inside though his mind still schemed and under a pretence of saving Data he decided to bargain with the Borg, even if it meant just having one more cup before he died. He went in there and, with some help and luck managed to get the Earl Grey codes back by making it look like a rescue attempt. Everyone was fooled and as a result of this traumatic experience Picard resolved to keep the replicator codes for Earl Grey strictly sealed so even Data couldn't break into it.

That was the real account...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 11:10 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It was no coincidence that the Ba'ku in Insurrection were rumoured to be THE prolific growers of Earl Grey in their quadrant.

Life rejuvenating "radiation", my arse!

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 11:19 AM
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
It was no coincidence that the Ba'ku in Insurrection were rumoured to be THE prolific growers of Earl Grey in their quadrant.

Life rejuvenating "radiation", my arse!

Picard knew this, and knew it well enough to come down on them hard for disrupting potential resources. The planet was infused with Earl Grey which made him feel younger, getting rid of the Ba'ku left this planet free for Picard to keep it for himself. Beverly had to sedate him heavily to tear him away and it took Data,Worf and Riker to hold him down.

The crew have to watch him con... wait..how did you come by this information? Maybe you are a Ba'ku spy trying lead me astray from the real Earl Grey reserves. shifty

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 11:58 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Never. shifty

Look over there!

*Points in opposite direction to Trilithium rocket designed to implode Amargosa star to alter gravity, to divert path of Nexus Earl Grey ribbon*

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:42 PM
Lord Shadow Z

*dramatically shakes fist*

Damn you!

Thanks to you my only box of Earl Grey is all that I have left....until the next shopping trip that is...you were so consumed with heathen destruction of Picard's nectar that you didn't account for supermarkets.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Foiled! stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 01:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Anyway, Picard is definitely the best strategist out of the Star-Trek captains. I would have to agree with Robtard that Kirk is probably the best fighter out of the group (if we ignore the time-specific fight choreography being horrendous and ret-con it for modern fight stuff from Klingons).

Yep, Picard is.

Kirk is nigh-unbeatable in a fight, despite doing clownshoe moves. He can in times of duress invoke on superhuman strength, durability and dramatics. But i digress. This is all that is PICARD!

-(Young)Picard was stabbed through the heart and lol'd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuOUDIiZB8

-Picard Negotiating 101: Make them your b!tch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCj...feature=related

-Picard makes Wesley almost cry, you can see his lower lip quivering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7yl...feature=related

Best comment:

Picard: "Wesley, what's the difference between your mother and the prime directive?"

Wesley: "I don't know, captain."

Picard: "I never violated the prime directive!"

Wesley: :O

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 10:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 10:54 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Someone made a visual

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 26th, 2012 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 08:24 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wesley Crusher in mid "Wheaaaaatoooonnnnnnnn!!!!!!" - Irony at it's best.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 09:53 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Behold! Picard in comic book format! I picked up this Star Trek TNG graphic novel from the discarded shelf at the library, haven't read it yet just had a leaf through, but thought I'd post a pic from it in memory of this thread.

Attachment: cbpicard.jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post May 12th, 2012 10:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Old Post May 16th, 2012 11:28 PM