KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Goa'uld Ha'tak (Stargate) runs the Star Trek gauntlet

Goa'uld Ha'tak (Stargate) runs the Star Trek gauntlet
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Goa'uld Ha'tak (Stargate) runs the Star Trek gauntlet

After each battle the Ha'tak is restored to full operational capacity. All battles take place in Stargate Earth's orbit.

1. NX-01 Enterprise
2. 3 Danube-class Runabouts
3. Enterprise A
4. 24th century Klingon Bird of Prey
5. Enterprise D
6. D'direx-class Warbird
7. Jem'hadar Dreadnought

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 26th, 2013 05:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've honestly never been able to gauge just how powerful those ships are in comparison to Star Trek. If I was to make an educated guess, I'd say they get to at least 5.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2013 10:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

The biggest feat of a Ha'tak came early in the show, when Stargate Command tried to destroy one with two naquadah-enhanced nuclear missiles. It was said that they had explosive yields of 1 gigaton, and they didn't even make the ship rock when they landed a direct hit. And their weapons are capable of overcoming other Ha'tak shields, so we can judge their firepower from that.

Apophis's flagship was able to destroy a Ha'tak with only a few hits, though Heru'ur was taken by surprise so his shields may not have been at full power.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 02:00 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah I remember those. I just remember that Star Trek uses the "isoton" measurement, which has no real world equivalent last I checked.

I'd like to think the ships from the two universes are comparable, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 27th, 2013 03:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah I remember those. I just remember that Star Trek uses the "isoton" measurement, which has no real world equivalent last I checked.

I'd like to think the ships from the two universes are comparable, though.

Their speeds are comparable. Ha'taks and ST ships anyway, 42,000 times the speed of light is max speed for a Ha'tak, and I believe that that's about Warp 8 or 9. Asgard ships make that look like nothing though.

Yeah, based on personal opinion and gut feeling I want to think that Ha'taks would be superior to 23rd century ships and about comparable to the ships we see in TNG and DS9, though I see the more powerful ones mopping the floor with Ha'taks.

I'm going to say that the Ha'tak stops at 3 or 5--even it's probably more powerful than the Enterprise A it's not as maneuverable and the ST ships have better combat range.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 03:32 AM