KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » The deadly Nu-Trek ships vs the badass Prime-Trek ships

The deadly Nu-Trek ships vs the badass Prime-Trek ships
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

The deadly Nu-Trek ships vs the badass Prime-Trek ships

Nu-Trek ships
USS Vengeance (with Khan accompanied by Marcus and co for now), USS Enterprise, USS Kelvin (both Robau and George present) and the Narada (no red matter)
vs
USS Enterprise E (post-refits), USS Defiant (with both Worf and Sisko on board along with the rest of the crew and post-refit as well), USS Voyager and the Scimitar (Viceroy and Shinzon present)
All the ships are at 100% power and the shields and cloaks activated and fully charged when the battle begins. Both groups want to kill each other bad. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!

No Thalaron Radiation for Scimitar.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Last edited by -Pr- on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 08:46 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just movie feats? Or does tv count too? I'm assuming TV too, seeing as how Voyager was never in the movies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 05:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Yes Tv feats too. And Pr, could you please add no thalaron radiation for Scimitar

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 06:32 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Done.

And yeah, Prime-Trek wins.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2015 11:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Movie feats Nu Trek win.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 06:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Movie feats Nu Trek win.

Against Scmitar?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 06:55 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Narada was only powerful in Nu Trek because its technology was 100 years more advanced than every ship around it--it wasn't even a warship IIRC, it was a mining vessel.

There were many times in the Star Trek TV series (which, ahem, most diehard NuTrek fans probably haven't watched) where it was shown that 100 years made a world of difference in the power of ships. You're matching up 3 23rd century warships plus 1 24th century *mining* vessel vs 3 top of the line 24th century warships. This is spite. It's like putting the Red Baron and two other great WWI aces in their biplanes plus a decent pilot in a lightly armed trainer/light attack plane vs 3 F-22 raptors.

Unless of course you're of the belief that the NuTrek verse was so different from the prime universe that it could make the 100 year tech gap negligible, which would be...well, utterly baseless speculation.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Aug 2nd, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 12:37 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

To illustrate what kind of difference a century of development makes in ships' combat abilities, here's a video of the USS Defiant, a Kirk-era prime universe ship that ended up stranded in the 22nd century Mirror Universe. At one point, while the Defiant was powered down and defenseless a 22nd century warship hit it several times but couldn't do much serious damage. As soon as the Defiant's power was restored it easily dispatched the older ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSSDqXGCREw

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 12:45 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Narada was only powerful in Nu Trek because its technology was 100 years more advanced than every ship around it--it wasn't even a warship IIRC, it was a mining vessel.
There were many times in the Star Trek TV series (which, ahem, most diehard NuTrek fans probably haven't watched) where it was shown that 100 years made a world of difference in the power of ships. You're matching up 3 23rd century warships plus 1 24th century *mining* vessel vs 3 top of the line 24th century warships. This is spite. It's like putting the Red Baron and two other great WWI aces in their biplanes plus a decent pilot in a lightly armed trainer/light attack plane vs 3 F-22 raptors.
Unless of course you're of the belief that the NuTrek verse was so different from the prime universe that it could make the 100 year tech gap negligible, which would be...well, utterly baseless speculation.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
To illustrate what kind of difference a century of development makes in ships' combat abilities, here's a video of the USS Defiant, a Kirk-era prime universe ship that ended up stranded in the 22nd century Mirror Universe. At one point, while the Defiant was powered down and defenseless a 22nd century warship hit it several times but couldn't do much serious damage. As soon as the Defiant's power was restored it easily dispatched the older ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSSDqXGCREw

Let me get one thing straight. I know the Prime Trek ships will be the favorite in this fight and the Nu-Trek ships are the underdogs. In fact, the Scimitar alone would curbstomp Kelvin and Enterprise together.
Though, there is one thing you don't understand. Put the nu-Enterprise vs the original one and the result would be almost the same as the battle you posted, the new one would crush the old one. The major difference will be that the old crew is more experienced. You know why? The Federation became far more militiarized due to the attack on Kelvin and the weapons are more advanced than the original series because they scanned the tech on Narada, and the data was kept by the escape pods of Kelvin which was used to make the Nu-Trek Federation ships. So they are more advanced than the ships from the same time in the Prime reality and thus making a comparison with the Prime Trek 23d century ships are pointless.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 05:45 PM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Let me get one thing straight. I know the Prime Trek ships will be the favorite in this fight and the Nu-Trek ships are the underdogs. In fact, the Scimitar alone would curbstomp Kelvin and Enterprise together.
Though, there is one thing you don't understand. Put the nu-Enterprise vs the original one and the result would be almost the same as the battle you posted, the new one would crush the old one. The major difference will be that the old crew is more experienced. You know why? The Federation became far more militiarized due to the attack on Kelvin and the weapons are more advanced than the original series because they scanned the tech on Narada, and the data was kept by the escape pods of Kelvin which was used to make the Nu-Trek Federation ships. So they are more advanced than the ships from the same time in the Prime reality and thus making a comparison with the Prime Trek 23d century ships are pointless.

But you can't quantify how great an improvement there was. Certainly you're not going to suggest that a few scans of a non-military vessel and some elbow grease allowed the NuFederation to advance 100 years or more in military technology in just, what, a decade or maybe two?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 11:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The "prime" Federation was plenty militarised due to being at war with the Klingons, then later the Cardassians, then later on with the Borg and the Dominion.

Hell, the Enterprise E and the Defiant were both built to serve combat roles, though the Defiant more-so obviously.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 05:12 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Scimitar could solo even without its thalaron weapon, it's a pure 24th century warship, it has no other purpose than killing, many times the weapon banks of other ships, primary and secondary shielding and the kicker, it can fire while cloaked.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 09:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Apparently Narada and Enterprise-E fought in the tie in comic? How did that go? Also with Worf doing what he always does, get owned. But apprently he was stabbed from behind and his profile said e was never defeated in a direct atatck. Bullshit

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 05:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Non-Canon stuff, but Nero had the Narada itself create a spike to stab Worf through the guts, due to Nero's concern/fear over Worf's legendary martial and sexual prowess.

The Narada did also cripple the Enterprise-E, but it was a surprise attack right after Data had lowered shields.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 08:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Nerada was OP as shit in the comics, tbh. It decimated most of the ships it came up against iirc.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Apparently Narada and Enterprise-E fought in the tie in comic? How did that go? Also with Worf doing what he always does, get owned. But apprently he was stabbed from behind and his profile said e was never defeated in a direct atatck. Bullshit

Have you watched much of DS9? Worf kicked so much ass in that show it was almost funny.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 09:31 AM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by -Pr-
The Nerada was OP as shit in the comics, tbh. It decimated most of the ships it came up against iirc.

I've read the comics now, and uggh, I hate those writers more than ever. So much contrived coincidences and new powers for plot. In the movie, Narada could only fire missiles. But in the comics it has disruptor blasts. It could have been so useful for them in the movie. And Nero has telepathy, and could control the ship mentally, and now has controlled tentacles And it only managed to knock our the warp drive for sometimes, so it didn't do much to an unshielded Enterprise.
Have you watched much of DS9? Worf kicked so much ass in that show it was almost funny.

Where he got his ass kicked by the Breen easily? Or when an ancient Klingon knocked him out? Face it, when plot called for it even in DS9 Worf got his ass kicked to show up the bad guys. Its just that TNG did it more. If I want to see Worf kicking ass there are the movies

He has kicked ass in TNG if need be

and he was beating Kahless too.
I just meant that Worf was taken out again for the plot. Otherwise how will Narada slow down the Enterprise unless it lowers it shields, and why would it lower its shields in battle?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 04:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't recall an episode where Worf was beaten easily by Breen. You're not talking about the episode where he and Ezri get captured are you?

Worf was far less "Worfed" in DS9 than he was in TNG.

I do remember him beating numerous Klingons and Jem'Hadar during his four seasons. His single best combat showing is in DS9 too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2015 05:36 PM
HulkIsHulk

I don't recall an episode where Worf was beaten easily by Breen. You're not talking about the episode where he and Ezri get captured are you?

somewhere around it. He hits a Breen with no effect, who uses a stunstick to take him out
Worf was far less "Worfed" in DS9 than he was in TNG.

Isn't that pretty much common knowledge? I never said he wasn't. Just that its outrageous to think that never happened in DS9 or that he didn't kick ass in TNG. I only meant that the comics continued the tradition of taking Worf out through some outrageous method to advance the plot
I do remember him beating numerous Klingons

I've seen DS9 pilot Way of the Warrior
and Jem'Hadar during his four seasons. His single best combat showing is in DS9 too.

That's been thrown around a lot. I've seen that too

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 09:00 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest the Batmobile Voyager with its reactive armour etc would own.
But the biggest weapon prime has is the deflector dish and Geordi in the Enterprise, he will deus ex machina that rig to destroy anything.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 10:45 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

that episode where he kept having bout after bout and wouldn't go down was brilliant.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2019 12:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote