KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Tetsuo Shima(Akira) vs. Kamui Shiro(X)

Tetsuo Shima(Akira) vs. Kamui Shiro(X)
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
six6six
Droog

Tetsuo Shima(Akira) vs. Kamui Shiro(X)

Tetsuo Shima's Powers:

Psychokinesis – He has the ability to move matter and energy with his mind. While he hasn’t shown the ability to create psychokinetic explosions like Akira, he has been seen to rend metal objects of up at least 50 tons.

Flight – Psychoanalytically propelling himself through the air he can fly at incredible speeds. He has been seen to fly up beyond the atmosphere to the level of Geo-synchronous orbit of satellites.

Telepathy – He has been shown to be able to hear the thoughts of the experimental children (other psychics) for miles away

Kamui Shiro's Powers:

High Jump - Due to Kamui’s impressive physical abilities, as well as his ability to use magic, he is capable of making leaps almost at a level which is physically impossible for a normal human. He is capable of jumping from the ground up to the top of a telephone pole, and perhaps higher, without any danger to himself.

Telekinetic Attack - Using the magical abilities which he was born with, Kamui is capable of manipulating his energy into a variety of attacks and defenses, ranging from creating a powerful energy shield to summoning blasts capable of decimating buildings in a single attack.

Healing - Kamui is capable of healing at a level far above those of an average human, and even above those of a normal seal. He has been able to heal himself after his stomach has been slit open in a few hours, and being able to heal minor injuries in a matter of minutes. This comes in handy when he is fighting.Tetsuo Shima's Powers Tetsuo Shima's Powers

Last edited by six6six on Mar 10th, 2009 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 03:01 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tetsuo Shima.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 02:16 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it took a satellite attack just to take out Tetsuo's arm....

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 02:18 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

before he had focused his powers to their full potential though
i think itd be Tetsuo

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 02:26 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Well, it took a satellite attack just to take out Tetsuo's arm....

Tetsuo can be hurt as long as he don't have a forcefield surrounding him. Even Colonel Shikishima shot him in the shoulder and hurt him. In "X" Fuma ripped someone apart (forgot who, it's been a while since I've watched it) with the slightest gesture and Kamui is above Fuma even.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 08:18 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

It's clearly evident that all of you have only seen the Animated Film, Akira. The story of Akira in via the manga is so much more in depth and great and I advise you all to read it. Tetsuo is capable of so much more and has numerous feats.

in the 6 piece graphic novel series of Akira, each book being 200-300+ pages, Tetsuo's power is virtually limitless. Even in the Anime itself when Kiyoko is possessing Kei and talking to Kaneda in the prison cell she explains how Tetsuo's power is, "I see it, I want it, I'll have it." He is a sponge, an amoeba. At first he has simple low level Telekinesis, then he sees Takashi teleport, he later can do that. He is shown using telepathy on Kiyoko, he can deflect any kinds of weapons, including SOL. He can predict the weather, rip up a giant prism from about 35% of the moon's surface. Tetsuo also can breath in space and so forth. He goes through cosmic rebirths. His power even grows to great to be contained with in his human body, and tries to grow and progress. This is also homage to who Tetsuo is based off of, a Japanese horror movie called "Tetsuo: the Iron Man."

quote:

AKIRA: Volume 2
Pages 9-10

*Nursery Room*

Masaru: "Te...Tsu... O...?!"
Kiyoko: "Yes. Tetsuo. He's on his way to becoming one of us. THey call him Number 41."
Takashi: "Is he... very powerful?"

*panels change to the Colonel and Tetsuo. They are many many miles away while boarding a helicopter*

The Colonel: "hmm? Is something bothering you?"
Tetsuo: "... Just a feeling I have... Like someone's talking about me."

*back to nursery*
Kiyoko: "Yes. He's very powerful. In the end.. he will surpass all of us."
Masaru: "Do you think he'll be powerful enough .. to defeat Akira?"
Kiyoko: "Yes..."

Tetsuo can simply, think in speeds of 100 billion neurons X 200 firings per second X 1000 connections per firing = 20 million billion calculations per second, OR faster since his brain has underdeveloped evolution, and explode Kamui's head.

Tetsuo doesn't just "F" around, he literally just kills people. The only reason Kaneda, or anyone else in the story lives is SIMPLY for PSI and nothing more. He doesn't kill them because it is for the plot and Kaneda is his 'friend'. Other then that, honestly, Tetsuo just rips and shreds people at a matter of thinking it.

The Manga is canon. The manga has so much more material it's not even funny.

It is all up to who is the greater Psychokinetic, and I think it is evident who that is. Tetsuo, can like Charles Xavier in X-men, use his own telepathy to cancel out and block the use of any of Kamui's certain moves, so long as Tetsuo is above him in brain capacity. Which by my quote, that should be obvious. Xavier can cancel out Jean Grey's, so having your own TK and TP doesn't stop stronger users from abusing you.

Healing is useless when your atoms and sub-atomic particles are no longer apart of the frame in existence. After his, I think it would be third cosmic rebirth after entering into the other stream, Tetsuo Shima will become the Dr. Manhattan of the Manga world, and there is no stopping that. Plot devices are nullified. Giving Tetsuo, honestly what he is capable, this is no contest. He has every single Psychokinetic related ability short of molecularkinesis.

Tetsuo Shima wins.

Last edited by Voyeur on Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 10:33 PM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Voyeur
It's clearly evident that all of you have only seen the Animated Film, Akira. The story of Akira in via the manga is so much more in depth and great and I advise you all to read it. Tetsuo is capable of so much more and has numerous feats.

in the 6 piece graphic novel series of Akira, each book being 200-300+ pages, Tetsuo's power is virtually limitless. Even in the Anime itself when Kiyoko is possessing Kei and talking to Kaneda in the prison cell she explains how Tetsuo's power is, "I see it, I want it, I'll have it." He is a sponge, an amoeba. At first he has simple low level Telekinesis, then he sees Takashi teleport, he later can do that. He is shown using telepathy on Kiyoko, he can deflect any kinds of weapons, including SOL. He can predict the weather, rip up a giant prism from about 35% of the moon's surface. Tetsuo also can breath in space and so forth. He goes through cosmic rebirths. His power even grows to great to be contained with in his human body, and tries to grow and progress. This is also homage to who Tetsuo is based off of, a Japanese horror movie called "Tetsuo: the Iron Man."

Tetsuo can simply, think in speeds of 100 billion neurons X 200 firings per second X 1000 connections per firing = 20 million billion calculations per second, OR faster since his brain has underdeveloped evolution, and explode Kamui's head.

Tetsuo doesn't just "F" around, he literally just kills people. The only reason Kaneda, or anyone else in the story lives is SIMPLY for PSI and nothing more. He doesn't kill them because it is for the plot and Kaneda is his 'friend'. Other then that, honestly, Tetsuo just rips and shreds people at a matter of thinking it.

The Manga is canon. The manga has so much more material it's not even funny.

It is all up to who is the greater Psychokinetic, and I think it is evident who that is. Tetsuo, can like Charles Xavier in X-men, use his own telepathy to cancel out and block the use of any of Kamui's certain moves, so long as Tetsuo is above him in brain capacity. Which by my quote, that should be obvious. Xavier can cancel out Jean Grey's, so having your own TK and TP doesn't stop stronger users from abusing you.

Healing is useless when your atoms and sub-atomic particles are no longer apart of the frame in existence. After his, I think it would be third cosmic rebirth after entering into the other stream, Tetsuo Shima will become the Dr. Manhattan of the Manga world, and there is no stopping that. Plot devices are nullified. Giving Tetsuo, honestly what he is capable, this is no contest. He has every single Psychokinetic related ability short of molecularkinesis.

Tetsuo Shima wins.

Does your answer stand if we were talking about the movie versions?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 08:47 PM
Voyeur
The Martyr

this is the Manga/Anime versus, but yes it does.

Tetsuo shows a very amazing endurance feat in the film along with his potential to sponge.

Tetsuo is nothing short of the Dr. Manhattan of the anime world. He even then was never defeated, only took to another stream of life/dimension/universe. So on.

Tetsuo was attacked with biochemicals and many things and stood against them. But once again, you want to restrict it to the Movie, which by all means is a piece of crap compared to the manga (And I'm a fan of them both) but, yeah. My answer would still stand.

Tetsuo would only loose short of restricting him to the time he was just a normal 15 year old biker punk, heh.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:48 PM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote