KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Hollow Ichigo vs Zaraki Kenpachi

Hollow Ichigo vs Zaraki Kenpachi
Started by: EvilAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Smile Hollow Ichigo vs Zaraki Kenpachi

As it sounds. The battle takes place in soul society.

By Hollow Ichigo i mean purely the form that fought Byakuya, Darku, the Vizards and Zangetsu. Not the form that appears to fight Ulquiorra. And yes i am aware 2/4 of the explains were strictly speaking none canon, but in this thread you can use those feats to help judge if it helps you reach the verdict you think is correct. Same goes for Kenpachi. You can use any feats or showings in fillers.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:19 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

didnt regular ichigo beat kenpachi when they both went all out?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:24 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, Ichigo beat Zaraki while his mask was still only popping up to block fatal injuries. His 1st Hollow form made Love have to put on his mask, he takes Zaraki out.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:26 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ Was a draw. Ichigo actually fainted first iirc.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:26 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I remember now, it was a draw, but Hollow Ichigo is leaps and bounds beyond regular Ichigo, he wins this without a doubt.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Don't be so certain. I personally think that Ichigo beating Kenpachi was more PIS than anything else. For example, Kenpachi states that Ichigo was overpowering him, which imo makes no sense that Ichigo is stronger(literally stronger) than Kenny.

Take a look at Nnoitra's fight with both of them. Yes Ichigo was tired but he still would not have won. Also in that fight Kenpachi sustained a hell of allot more injuries than Ichigo put on him. And finally, do you really think Ichigo could defeat Bankai Tousen then take on foxman? Because i don't

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:38 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Meh, I'd give it either way, with HI having a slight lead. Both are berserkers, but imo, Kenpachi could be the better tank.

HI has that unorthodox style based on powering through (a double-edged sword), and he has the kick-ass version of Kuroi Getsuga Tenshou.

Kenpachi can use those kendo-like strikes with devastating results if he manages to strike HI (given that he's a berserker, he'll likely decide to tank through rather than avoid). Cutting through Nnoitra like that is no small feat.

Either way imo.

If Kenpachi were up against that pure hollow form of Ichigo (Vizard training), I doubt that form would have access to the Bankai. Love only put on the mask as he'd have to take the brunt of the cero.
I don't remember the size of the Kido-enclosed arena, but I don't think it was fairly big. Kenpachi would have ample time to dodge a cero.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:40 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Assuming he'd have to. I have to admit one of my all time favourite bleach moments is when Kenpachi caught the Cero and just cast it away.

Maybe Hollow Ichigo's is too strong but it's a fun thought ^^

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:51 AM
KingD19

Considering Ichigo's rapid healing, I say he can tank more damage than Kenpachi.

And his winning wasn't PIS, it's the fact that he gets like 10 times stronger after every fight.

Ichigo has immense physical strength, he proves it all the time.

A full strength Ichigo could have won that fight with Nnoitra. I don't think Kenpachi would have done any better if he'd just got done fighting an Espada only one level lower than Nnoitra. Besides, he wasn't just tired, he was incredibly injured.

I actually think Ichigo could have defeated Tosen without getting stabbed in the gut, and after the fight he could have kept going.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:53 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Ichigo has rapid healing confused? HI hasn't demonstrated regeneration anywhere outside that brief fight against the Vizard.

Getting 10x stronger after every fight is PIS no expression. Ichigo did get stronger during the fight via a plot device, so it could be viewed as PIS. Besides, Ichigo didn't win >__>.

Not as much as Kenpachi though. That is fairly obvious. As far as brute strength is concerned, Ichigo pales in comparison to Kenpachi. He only reaches Kenpachi's level with his bankai.

Thing is, for someone like Ichigo, his bankai wouldn't help much against someone like Tosen. Tosen's bankai is l33t powerful all things considered, it's only because Kenpachi was wise enough to take damage to cause severe damage that Tosen lost the fight.

Ichigo could have arrived at the same idea, but the damage would be more detrimental to him than it was to Kenpachi.

~ All this is without considering the fact that Ichigo could try to override HI's influence over his body, which would leave HI wide open. However, I don't think that Ichigo's influence plays any part in this thread.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:06 AM
KingD19

That proves he has rapid healing, the Vizard even said it while he was fighting. He has demonstrated it in both Hollow forms, to say he doesn't is just wishful thinking. He even showed it in the recent Muramasa/Zanpakuto arc, when he turned Hollow and healed while he was fighting Muramasa and Zangetsu.

Also, what other times has Hollow Ichigo been shown, besides his fight with the Vizard, and the Muramasa fight?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:13 AM
Demonic Phoenix

While he was in Ichigo's bankai form, he didn't show any regeneration, though I might be wrong. I haven't seen the Muramasa fight. If we go by canon (not applicable here as the TC says that non-canon feats are allowed), he's only demonstrated it while in full hollow form, and not the bankai ichigo form.

Against Byakuya, and perhaps Jin. & the time inside Ichigo. That fight was sweet.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:24 AM
KingD19

You obviously misunderstood me, Hollow Ichigo has rapid healing, and that's whose fighting Kenpachi. So yeah, he can heal for this fight.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:34 AM
Demonic Phoenix

We don't know which form of HI is fighting. He's demonstrated two forms (bankai, & pure hollow). His bankai form didn't demonstrate healing outside (apparently) the Muramasa fight.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:40 AM
KingD19

By Hollow Ichigo i mean purely the form that fought Byakuya, Darku, the Vizards and Zangetsu.

That is the Hollow that showed rapid healing against Muramasa, he couldn't even go Bankai in the Muramasa fight, Zangetsu was still fighting against him. So he used his Hollow energy to even things out.

Ichigo has shown his salamander/lizard hollow form(1st transformation with the vizard)

A hollowfication and vizard mask he usually uses when he goes Bankai.

And the new Hollow form he used to beat Ulquiorra.

What are you talking about?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 01:48 AM
Demonic Phoenix

That form against Byakuya/Muramasa/Kariya, and the salamander form no expression.

In canon, the first form hasn't demonstrated regeneration, but that point is moot in this thread.

Vizard is tied to Ichigo, not hollow ichigo no expression. HI has never been referred to as a vizard, only Ichigo has.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Sep 27th, 2009 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:26 AM
KingD19

He only has 2 hollow forms, the one with the tail(Salamander where he fought the Vizard, Muramasa, etc..), and the one with the horns.(When he killed Ulquiorra)

And it has demonstrated RH, it was shown in the manga, the exact same scene from the anime.

Vizard=Shinigami who has undergone the Hollowfication process. And if they can't fully control it, it can force them to change to full Hollow, like Ichigo sometimes does. And while Hollow Ichigo isn't considered a vizard, since he's fully hollow, he couldn't become a hollow if he wasn't a vizard.

Healing applies to all Vizard if they go full Hollow, like Kensei, and the chick who dresses like a power ranger, his lieutenant.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:38 AM
Demonic Phoenix

The salamander form never fought against Byakuya no expression. It was basically HI in control of Ichigo. That form never demonstrated regeneration afaik. That form could be considered an arrancar I guess.

The form against Uluqiorra is not applicable here. The other form has demonstrated regeneration, I'm not arguing against that.

Vizards are also shinigami who have access to hollow powers. If they become full hollows, the shinigami aspect is not in control, thus they aren't vizards by definition. HI will never be a vizard, not by definition anyway.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Sep 27th, 2009 at 03:29 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:14 AM
KingD19

Okay, for clarification, I'm pretty sure this is the Hollow Ichigo she's talking about, if it is, the Rapid Healing is applied, and he would more than likely take a strong majority, since he made a Captain Level Vizard put on his mask just to keep from getting hurt.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/b...w-CeroBlast.gif

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/b..._f8c596e872.jpg

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:24 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Thing is, she said the hollow form that fights against Byakuya, Darku, Vizards, and Zangetsu. If she said forms, or left out Byakuya, then sure, it would be the Salamander form.

laughing out loud we've been arguing over a misunderstanding.

Kenpachi could avoid the cero. Love made no such attempt. HI would take a slight majority, but it wouldn't be a curbstomp imo.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:28 AM