KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Minato vs A

Minato vs A
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Minato vs A

There.

Old Post May 28th, 2011 10:01 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Where they at? Depending on the location, Minato could win this in moments.

Edit: Err, never mind. Minato can win this anywhere in moments I suppose.

Last edited by AuraAngel on May 28th, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2011 10:54 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They are There.

Old Post May 28th, 2011 10:58 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

What is Minato going to do to A? How will he penetrate his shroud?

Old Post May 28th, 2011 11:28 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

A

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post May 28th, 2011 11:58 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
What is Minato going to do to A? How will he penetrate his shroud?

Easy answer is he won't because he won't have to. Though one can conceivably make the argument that his rasengan might be able to break through it.

Minato will win in moments anywhere in the Narutoverse though by KMC rules.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 12:07 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

how will he win then? BFR?

Old Post May 29th, 2011 12:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

What does BFR mean again?

Old Post May 29th, 2011 12:21 AM
King Kandy

battlefield removal.

how do you think minato will win?

Old Post May 29th, 2011 12:57 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah, that basically. Ports him out of the ring, so A loses by default. :O

Obviously kidding of course, but apparently HP loses if he aparates out of the ring so really not much of a difference here.

Though realistically, I do support Minato, if only because his FTG is proven to be able to out run Madara, which even A failed to do. And I actually do think now that rasengan can conceivably beat his shroud. Which, even if that doesn't work, I think Minato would have a back up plan. Unlike Naruto, Minato would probably have no qualms about summoning Gamabunta if he needed it. Which would result in this probably.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 01:10 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Yeah, that basically. Ports him out of the ring, so A loses by default. :O

Obviously kidding of course, but apparently HP loses if he aparates out of the ring so really not much of a difference here.

Though realistically, I do support Minato, if only because his FTG is proven to be able to out run Madara, which even A failed to do. And I actually do think now that rasengan can conceivably beat his shroud. Which, even if that doesn't work, I think Minato would have a back up plan. Unlike Naruto, Minato would probably have no qualms about summoning Gamabunta if he needed it. Which would result in this probably.

An FTG which involved Minato porting at the last instant to a moving kunai right behind Madara, just as Madara was about to grab Minato; vs. a straight head-on charge that any 3 Tomoe Sharingan user could have seen coming? Far from the same thing.

Minato isn't faster, not unless he continually ports between kunais.

Easy answer is he won't because he won't have to. Though one can conceivably make the argument that his rasengan might be able to break through it.

Minato will win in moments anywhere in the Narutoverse though by KMC rules.

Doubt it. Rasengan's matches up with Chidori, but Chidori has far far greater penetrative force, and it was barely able to penetrate the shroud.
Though it might just be able to cause damage.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 29th, 2011 01:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
An FTG which involved Minato porting at the last instant to a moving kunai right behind Madara, just as Madara was about to grab Minato; vs. a straight head-on charge that any 3 Tomoe Sharingan user could have seen coming? Far from the same thing.

Minato isn't faster, not unless he continually ports between kunais.

And since his attacks are so easily noticeable, Minato should have no problem with them. And when teh Kunai are everywhere, Minato ports from point A to B without a care in the world. And even barring that, Minato is notably quite fast and has remarkable reaction time. FTG just makes him more of a menace.

Doubt it. Rasengan's matches up with Chidori, but Chidori has far far greater penetrative force, and it was barely able to penetrate the shroud.
Though it might just be able to cause damage.

Which, there is the argument. Naruto's normal rasengan is just as strong as Sasuke's chidori, which actually did pierce the shroud. Minato's is comparably bigger and likely more powerful. It could very well tear the shroud up. Which is what the rasengan would do instead of piercing. And repeated uses of it could very well be damaging to Raikage, especially considering how quickly he can attack in succession and how quickly he can form the rasengan.

Which again, Gamabunta. stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2011 02:43 AM
Q99

A definitely has my bet in this fight. He's fast enough to react to Minato, and his armor gives him a defensive advantage. It should take a lot of rasengan to wear him down, they should only do a little damage each, while on the flipside even a glancing hit is a major threat to Minato.

Minato can't insta-win because A has the reaction time to put up his armor before a kunai gets close. Teleporting gives Minato more movement, but he's facing someone with comparable reaction time, which makes things a lot trickier.

quote:
And repeated uses of it could very well be damaging to Raikage, especially considering how quickly he can attack in succession and how quickly he can form the rasengan.

But which happens faster, making a second rasengan or refreshing the shroud? I'd bet on refreshing the shroud, so each rasengan is only going to deal minor damage, the chidori only made a scratch.

---

Nor do I think Gamabunta would turn things. Raikage's probably strong enough to throw him smile And Bunta's much slower than either combatant. Odds are even fairly high of him getting in the way. I think this'll be resolved by personal fighting.

Last edited by Q99 on May 29th, 2011 at 03:18 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2011 03:14 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Feats of A's reaction time which wasn't due to any telegraphed attack would be nice.

Gamabunta.

Edit: You editor you.

Raikage has pitiful strength feats compared to a lot of other characters. Throwing Gamabunta is not in his range at present. He is only using one arm after all.

But yeah, Toad Flame Bomb. Blowing him up should work nicely.

Last edited by AuraAngel on May 29th, 2011 at 03:29 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2011 03:17 AM
dadudemon

I think TheAuraAngel has done a nice job of summing up my approach to the discussion.

And about the rasengan vs. chidori: the rasengan, technically, is more destructive than the chidori. If you remember, the back of the water towers. Minato uses a large form. He can also form it ultra fast. He formed one in that ultra-fast "attack" sequence that him and Madara had where they literally determined who was faster in reaction time: Madara's space-time ability or Minato's FTG technique. Minato came out on top, literally.

Also, as I've been arguing, Minato's strength is really high up there. He didn't release the rasengan into Madara until after driving Madara into the ground, making a very large crater. Q99's argument was the rasengan did most of the damage. My argument is Minato's strength is was thing the did all of the ground damage but the rasengan is the thing that damaged Madara's back AFTER he released it.

IMO, that's one of the strongest "feats" seen by a non-biju character. Just look at all the ground around Madara.

I compared it to the damage that A did in the ground with Sasuke's body. smile

I think A's is slightly larger, but not by much.

Also, my interpretation of those words about A are this:

1. It was an exaggeration about A's actual speed. They were just using a past legend to make a comparison to. Similar to B saying Naruto was ultra fast, like Minato, when he first used his mastered kyuubi chakra.

2. It was referring to the amped version of A.

I think Minato could take out A, much easier, with the same tactic he used against Madara. In fact, I think the fight could be over very quickly. A seems to take a bit to amp himself up as it shows him actually amping whereas, Minato, instantly created a large rasengan during the ultra-fast exchange he had with Madara.

Based on feats, Sage Mode Naruto is stronger than A. A, based on his feat, is barely a level 5 in strength.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 09:54 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

And since his attacks are so easily noticeable, Minato should have no problem with them. And when teh Kunai are everywhere, Minato ports from point A to B without a care in the world. And even barring that, Minato is notably quite fast and has remarkable reaction time. FTG just makes him more of a menace.

His attacks are only noticeable if:

a) He's charging straight at his opponent, who should have reflexes comparable to a Three Tomoe user or a CS2 user.
b) He is using his Level 1 Shroud.

Him blitzing Sasuke (of all people) showed that he can in fact make his attacks unnoticeable, if not through trickery, then through sheer speed and 'agility'.

Minato only ports when he's in danger, or when he's about to make an attack. Putting a seal on Raikage is out, since I doubt he can touch him without getting shocked.

Which, there is the argument. Naruto's normal rasengan is just as strong as Sasuke's chidori, which actually did pierce the shroud. Minato's is comparably bigger and likely more powerful. It could very well tear the shroud up. Which is what the rasengan would do instead of piercing. And repeated uses of it could very well be damaging to Raikage, especially considering how quickly he can attack in succession and how quickly he can form the rasengan.

Which again, Gamabunta. stick out tongue

Yes, it pierced the shroud BECAUSE Chidori pierces stuff, and far better than Rasengan does. The Rasengan is akin to a powerful grinding punch, not a stabbing blade. The Rasengan never 'tore up' Madara, or any other person for that matter, so I doubt it could do that to the Raiton shroud.
Simply saying the Rasengan will damage the shroud because it matches up with the Chidori is faulty.

That said, it's hard to say how the shroud would react to Rasengan, because we haven't seen such a case. I suspect we'll see one in the next chapter.
On one hand, Chidori, one of the best penetrative type attacks (especially in the hands, no pun intended, of someone as fast as Sasuke), failed to significantly injure the Raikage. On the other hand, Amaterasu went through the shroud as if it weren't even there.

Meh, Raikage would just punch through Gama's brain

That said, my money is actually on Minato for now, due to FTG, whereas the Raikage is pretty much a one-trick pony with incredible speed and reflexes. It just so happens that people seem to think that Minato is as fast as the Raikage when it comes to pure movement speed. no expression

Feats of A's reaction time which wasn't due to any telegraphed attack would be nice.

I'd like some for Minato too.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Also, my interpretation of those words about A are this:

1. It was an exaggeration about A's actual speed. They were just using a past legend to make a comparison to. Similar to B saying Naruto was ultra fast, like Minato, when he first used his mastered kyuubi chakra.

2. It was referring to the amped version of A.

2. No.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/naruto...462-page-3.html
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/c...62/page003.html

As for the anime:

(please log in to view the image)
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705444

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705444

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705446

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705448

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705451

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1306705452

~ C talks about Raikage's reflexes before mentioning the shroud, which means he was talking about his base state. He then makes note of the shroud amping the Raikage's reflexes to the point where even the Sharingan could not keep up.
He compared the Raikage to Minato before mentioning the shroud. Ergo, Raikage's reflexes and reaction speed in his base state are roughly equal to Minato's, but much superior to Minato's once the shroud is up.
You can take it to mean pure movement speed if you want, seeing as C talks about 'keeping up', but either way, it's Raikage (Raiton Shroud) >> Minato = Raikage (Base)

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 29th, 2011 10:07 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Yep...Minato wins pretty much because of FTG.

I wonder if that tech Minato used to teleport away the kyuubi blast would work on people instaed of attacks alone.

This might be off topic but why didn't A hit Sasuke again with the arm that was on fire? I mean, he had enough tolerance to ignore the pain so if he smacked him again, wouldn't Sasuke have to turn the flames off in order to not be burned by his own attack?

Old Post May 30th, 2011 01:36 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

His attacks are only noticeable if:

a) He's charging straight at his opponent, who should have reflexes comparable to a Three Tomoe user or a CS2 user.
b) He is using his Level 1 Shroud.

Suigetsu noticed and reacted to his attack. :O

I'd like some for Minato too.

Kay. Here's two:

Minato reacts to an explosion while it is happening! He manages to toss a kunai and port to it. :O

Kyuubi attacks Kushina! And Minato ports, gets her, and then either throws a kunai again or leaps really quickly. Need to be able to react like a bastard to do that.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 01:38 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Suigetsu noticed and reacted to his attack. :O

But Suigetsu's easily upper tier when it comes to reactions and movement speed. :O

Sasuke's reacted to an explosion as well iirc, as has Madara, so reacting to paper tag explosions should be within A's capabilities.
I don't get the second one because I don't really see Minato porting to a kunai he threw. He simply jumps out of the house that he ported to.

But nice one with the Kyuubi attack. Never noticed that for some reason.

Sasuke tries to blitz Raikage, but he is able to quickly see Sasuke behind him
Raikage stops his attack as soon as he sees Amaterasu's flames around Susano'o

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 30th, 2011 at 02:21 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2011 02:16 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

But Suigetsu's easily upper tier when it comes to reactions and movement speed. :O

And Minato is superior to Suigetsu, agreed? :3

Minato reacts to Madara from behind.

Minato and Kushina react to the Kyuubi while both are significantly weak.

Minato reacts to an attack on Kakashi, who is moving incredibly fast at the time.

Minato reacts to an attack on Obito.

Then proceeds to do the same for Kakashi.

Minato is unrivaled.

Which, I don't know why I'm arguing with you. You think Minato wins! Which I agree. stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2011 03:04 PM