KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Rookie Nine vs Sound Four and Team Dosu

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Rookie Nine win 2 100.00%
Sound Four and Team Dosu win 0 0%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rookie Nine vs Sound Four and Team Dosu
Started by: Tacitus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

Rookie Nine vs Sound Four and Team Dosu

All of the Rookie Nine

vs

Team Dosu and Sound Four

This is post-time skip.

Distance: 20 metres
Restriction: None
Knowledge: All have full knowledge on each other

Who wins?

Last edited by Tacitus on Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:16 AM
Tacitus is currently offline Click here to Send Tacitus a Private Message Find more posts by Tacitus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What, post-time skip R9 vs the pre-time skip Four and Three? (Because they're only alive pre)

The nine'll overwhelm them. Quite a few of the rookies could solo Team Dosu, leaving each member of the Four to be double-teamed.

And of course, post-timeskip Sasuke could solo all of them.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:32 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

Oh damn I mean pre-time skip for rookine nine as well, I'll edit.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:35 AM
Tacitus is currently offline Click here to Send Tacitus a Private Message Find more posts by Tacitus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

With pre-timeskip rookie 9, it'd definitely be a much tougher fight. They have a numbers advantage, but the Four are pretty nasty foes and there'll be no Neji or Sand backup this time, and team Dosu'll keep the weaker members of the 9 occupied for awhile.

I... think I'd still go with the 9, but with plenty of wounded. I'll probably do a breakdown on the specific matchups later.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:43 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

Oh great, I can't edit...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:50 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Close match. But I think Sasuke and Naruto will pull out the wins for them. The Rookie 9 are at an advantage because they can find their opponents more easily. Hinata's Byakugan and Kiba's nose should work wonders. Team Dosu will go down easily. The Sound Four will be much tougher but I think the numbers will help there.

It is quite close though. Good thread. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 03:46 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

At this point, Sakura, Ino, and to a lesser extent Hinata aren't too impressive (I think Kin and Zaku are the only one she could be expected to beat), though Ino could potentially possess someone to become a big threat. And while most of Team Dosu isn't too dangerous, Dosu himself is reasonably skilled.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:38 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah, the girls of the Rookie 9 won't be able to help much as far as combat. But, Shikamaru and Ino work well together and could probably beat one with their combo attack. Hinata will make a fine scout for Shika to keep track of everyone. Sakura...well, she can set up some traps to distract their opponents. And give some very basic first aid to the injured.

But the rookie 9 simply have advantages that the Sound nin don't. Hinata and Kiba can keep track of the enemies and Sasuke and Naruto make up for the difference in power, though in a straight up brawl it's obvious the 9 don't stand a chance. So long as super genius Shikamaru is put on the helm, they should be able to survive.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:49 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Also, Choji'll need to use the pills again. Otherwise he's pretty outmatched too, Dosu can handle his basic meat tank well.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 08:44 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah, he will. Wonder how long he can hold that state though? We know he could absolutely thrash Jirobi(who was the strongest of the group physically right?) so his strength would certainly help.

Though he'd definitely be dead by the end of it.

I'm curious to see how Shino fairs against these guys personally. He pwned the crap out of Zaku without really trying. I wonder which of the sound 4 he'd be best to match up with?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 04:06 PM
Q99

quote:
Wonder how long he can hold that state though?

It looked like the one shot in butterfly mode was it.

quote:
We know he could absolutely thrash Jirobi(who was the strongest of the group physically right?)

Yes, though considered the weakest of the four as a ninja.

quote:

I'm curious to see how Shino fairs against these guys personally. He pwned the crap out of Zaku without really trying. I wonder which of the sound 4 he'd be best to match up with?

I think he'd have the job of taking on Kidōmaru, in Neji's absence. The destruction bugs seem like they'd be good against web, and I think only he and Sasuke would be suited for that matchup.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 04:09 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
It looked like the one shot in butterfly mode was it.

Yes, though considered the weakest of the four as a ninja.

I think he'd have the job of taking on Kidōmaru, in Neji's absence. The destruction bugs seem like they'd be good against web, and I think only he and Sasuke would be suited for that matchup.

Looked like, but you never know. ^^

Obviously. Which doesn't make much sense since he has one of the most haxxed jutsu ever.

Yeah, Insect Guy vs Not Insect Guy. Would be cool.

Another advantage that the Rookie 9 have over the Sound guys is the sound guys have to split up. Since they have no way of finding the enemies, the sound guys would have to split up. Hinata will notice this and split them up accordingly. The sound four would probably go off on their own due to their overconfidence while Team Dosu would probably stick together.

My guess is it would turn into:

Naruto vs Team Dosu
Choji vs Jirobi(already know how that will turn out)
Shino vs Kidōmaru
Hinata and Kiba vs Sakon and Ukon
Sakura, Ino, and Shika vs Tayuya.

Sasuke is sort of a wild card. He is the strongest of the nine so Shika himself would decide the best strategy for him.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 04:41 PM
Q99

quote:

Another advantage that the Rookie 9 have over the Sound guys is the sound guys have to split up. Since they have no way of finding the enemies, the sound guys would have to split up. Hinata will notice this and split them up accordingly. The sound four would probably go off on their own due to their overconfidence while Team Dosu would probably stick together.

Well, they did stick together when going after Sasuke originally, they could decided to stay reasonably close together.

They'll split up if they think it'll allow them to beat foes one-on-one or two-on-one, but they aren't likely to

quote:

Sasuke is sort of a wild card. He is the strongest of the nine so Shika himself would decide the best strategy for him.

I'd put him against the twins, and have Hinata as backup for whoever needs it and/or helping against team Dosu.

Hm, he'd also be quite good against Jirobi due to elemental advantage and speed. Choji wouldn't need his pill in that case, and Sasuke could win without taking himself out. So maybe Sasuke vs Jirobi and Choji helping against the twins or team Dosu.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 05:02 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Well, they did stick together when going after Sasuke originally, they could decided to stay reasonably close together.

They'll split up if they think it'll allow them to beat foes one-on-one or two-on-one, but they aren't likely to.

Well they were in enemy territory.

They will. Because in a one on one fight, they would likely crush the 9.

Originally posted by Q99
I'd put him against the twins, and have Hinata as backup for whoever needs it and/or helping against team Dosu.

Hm, he'd also be quite good against Jirobi due to elemental advantage and speed. Choji wouldn't need his pill in that case, and Sasuke could win without taking himself out. So maybe Sasuke vs Jirobi and Choji helping against the twins or team Dosu.

Hmm...I can see helping against the twins more than Team Dosu. Naruto should have that one pretty solidly handled.

That would be cool. While Choji is distracting Jirobi, Sasuke can come in and speed blitz him from being. Drains Sasuke of chakra but keeps Choji around, which is probably a better deal. Actually, keeping Hinata and Sasuke together would be a pretty good strategy. Hinata can observe the battles and direct Sasuke to where he needs to back them up. Naruto has clones that can go anyway so he doesn't need much help and the others probably won't end their fights that quickly.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 05:13 PM
Q99

quote:

Hmm...I can see helping against the twins more than Team Dosu. Naruto should have that one pretty solidly handled.

Eventually, but it'd take awhile and he might even be beat up by the end. Dosu's sound arm would be good at taking out clones, and Naruto's not good against genjutsu like Kin has. 3 on 1 can be rough even if the one is stronger and the three work as a team.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 26th, 2011 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 09:13 AM
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

What if Shino is up against Dosu? Does Dosu's sound penetrate the hearing of Shino's bugs and do something random? Or does Shino just *female dog* slap him?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:06 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Eventually, but it'd take awhile and he might even be beat up by the end. Dosu's sound arm would be good at taking out clones, and Naruto's not good against genjutsu like Kin has. 3 on 1 can be rough even if the one is stronger and the three work as a team.

I agree. But considering Dosu and Zaku for some reason don't care about Kin, they probably won't work. Besides, I trust Naruto's trickery. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Tacitus
What if Shino is up against Dosu? Does Dosu's sound penetrate the hearing of Shino's bugs and do something random? Or does Shino just *female dog* slap him?

Probably cause he'll use his bugs to plug the wholes in that arm thing so that Dosu will blow himself up.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:18 AM
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

But sound is not exactly like air is it? (referring to fight with Zaku) Or is it? I don't really know... The databooks (which I know are NOT reliable at all) say that Dosu's and Shino's intelligence is 2.5, you think that changes a thing?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:37 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Typos. Bleh. I'm tired.

Originally posted by Tacitus
But sound is not exactly like air is it? (referring to fight with Zaku) Or is it? I don't really know... The databooks (which I know are NOT reliable at all) say that Dosu's and Shino's intelligence is 2.5, you think that changes a thing?

Eh, probably wouldn't blow him up. But it would block the sound.

Nah, that doesn't change anything. However intelligent Dosu might have appeared to have been, he did try to fight Gaara.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:47 AM
Tacitus
One who rarely speaks

Yup, which we all known in that time is utter stupidity, but you have to remember his motive to not just be known as a test subject to Orochimaru, so he did ridiculous stuff to prove it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 11:56 AM