KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Clare(Claymore) vs Guts(Berserk)

Clare(Claymore) vs Guts(Berserk)
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Clare(Claymore) vs Guts(Berserk)

Not sure if this has been done before but I would kind of expect some vs. comparison between the two. I'll set up their fight into 3 tiers to best gauge their power.

Round 1: Clare(series start) vs. Guts(golden age)

Round 2: Clare(Quicksword) vs. Guts(pre-berserker armor)

Round 3: Clare(post-skip/before Destroyer merge) vs Guts(Berserker armor)

I guess I can include awakened Clare if she's two badly outmatched but I think this is pretty even. Though?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 07:15 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Guts in the Berserker Armour could dodge bolts of lightning. big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 08:29 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

My impression is that Berserk doesn't increase in speed too much, most amps are more in power, and that Quicksword Clare and post-timeskip Clare (when she's very high single digit level!), would be much too fast for Guts.

I think 1 is the only one where Guts has a solid shot. Because let's face it, starter Clare sucked ^_^

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 01:34 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Personally I though this would be more of a strength vs speed match. But I guess I can limit this to just Northern War Clare if post-skip is too much for Guts.

However Guts did kind of tank a lightning bolt in the Berserker Armor.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:37 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
My impression is that Berserk doesn't increase in speed too much, most amps are more in power, and that Quicksword Clare and post-timeskip Clare (when she's very high single digit level!), would be much too fast for Guts.

I think 1 is the only one where Guts has a solid shot. Because let's face it, starter Clare sucked ^_^
You'd have a point if it were not for the fact that Guts and Serpico (Whom Guts could react to and beat without the Berserker Armour) could dodge lightning bolts fired by Ganishka.

So basically Guts is easily in the triple digit machs. big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 08:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Does he really show super-high speed though, or did he just aim-dodge?

(And you absolutely don't have to be as fast as something or even near as fast to get out of the way!)

Does he zip around the battlefield? Make huge leaps in a blink? Attack too fast for superhumanly fast people to see?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:05 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...31&page=151
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...31&page=152
http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...31&page=153

Serpico intercepting lightning.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/...31&page=154

Then they both avoid it, and as can be seen in the first panel, the lightning was fired before they moved.

And while I don't believe Guts is as fast as the lightning, his reacting to something magnitudes faster than Clare means he can react to her, easily.

He does attack too fast for any human to see and blitzes Apostles, yes. He doesn't really do the Flash Step thing, but then neither does Superman most of the time, who is magnitudes faster than anything named in this thread so far.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:17 PM
Q99

The first one, while there was some electricity crackling ahead of time (followed by which there was *time for a warning*, so it wasn't the same as the big bolt), with the bolt that struck it looked like he was already in position when it was fired.

The second one, they just seemed to be generally making themselves hard targets and weren't even looking at the bolts! (which is a sensible way to avoid fire, it really isn't all about reacting)

---

quote:
He does attack too fast for any human to see and blitzes Apostles, yes.

Can you show some of his blitzes or otherwise fast movement?

And can he move his sword fast enough to defend against the quicksword?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:28 PM
NemeBro

Nah.

I've been trolling this entire thread, but since the only person willing to respond to it is both doing it seriously and actually someone I like, I don't particularly care to do so anymore since it's not fun. Jerk.

Guts had serious trouble reacting to an Apostle who was merely supersonic to an unspecified level (The scene makes me believe she was roughly equivelant to a jet in velocity), the Ganishka thing is either aim-dodging or a serious outlier.

I'm just mildly butthurt that Guts loses this fight badly (Clare is much, much faster) despite being a better character.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:41 PM
Q99

Hey, there's always the first matchup smile Rookie Clare was a wuss.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:43 PM
NemeBro

True.

Berserk is also overall the stronger series.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 09:45 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Arrow

Do my opinions not matter sad

Besides I already limited Clare to her Northern War self since post skip appears to be a bit much for Guts. Unless tbis of course is too much.

Well at least it seems Guts wins round 1.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 10:03 PM
Q99

Pre-Northern War vs Berserker armor Guts?

The Quicksword is still going to be an issue, once she has it Clare's near single digit level. How many strikes do you think Guts in armor can take?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 10:07 PM
NemeBro

Quicksword was calced to be about mach 8 actually.

Guts has never shown any special immunity to sharp weaponry, and Clare is easily fast enough to land a hit.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 10:10 PM