KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Perfect Cell vs. Saiyan Team

Perfect Cell vs. Saiyan Team
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

Perfect Cell vs. Saiyan Team

Perfect Cell before he kamikaze'd
vs.
Goku
Gohan
Vegeta
Trunks
(Cell Games versions. Gohan cannot go SS 2.)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 09:09 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

Crap, I forgot to add round 2.

Round 2:
Same stips as round 1, except Pikkon is added to the Saiyan roster.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 09:58 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cell wins round 1. As was made apparent in his fight with SSJ2 Gohan, Cell had been holding back a huge portion of his power... Against everyone... The entire time. In fact, Goku was literally left in awe when Cell fully powered up. Aside from that, tiny fractions of his power (Cell Juniors) were able to effortlessly shit-stomp most of the Z fighters (to Goku's credit, he was still battle-worn from his fight with Cell.)

Cell likely wins round 2 as well, but it'd be a hard-earned battle-- Pikkon adds more than you'd think. I just rewatched the Goku vs. Pikkon episodes, and Pikkon was superior to SSJ Goku(who, by that time, was likely stronger than he was during the Cell Games.) Heck, Goku only won that battle by exploiting a 'flaw' in one of Pikkon's techniques, which gave him the opportunity to knock Pikkon out of the ring--- but before that, Pikkon was winning decisively.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 10:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Didn't Pikkon effortlessly stomp Cell with like one hit?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 12:29 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ha, you're right! I'd totally forgotten about that! Damn, I wish that shit would've happened in the manga. sad

So yeah, I'd like to change half of my former opinion. Cell obviously gets spite-stomped in round 2. Like you mentioned, Pikkon owned Perfect Cell with a single blow. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2012 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 04:04 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Unless there's a detail I'm forgetting, I don't think Goku got stronger during his 2nd time in the afterlife until he started training under the Grand Kai, so Pikkon lost to what was basically the same USSJ level Goku that surrendered to Cell during the Other World Tournament finals. And it looked like Cell was just cheapshotted when it came to Pikkon stopping him and Goku from fighting at that moment. Put that same Cell in a ring with Pikkon and he should knock Pikkon out of the ring faster than Goku did, as he also has instant transmission which was used to counter Pikkon's thunderflash.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Well, we know Goku was training hard in the afterlife. He eventually reached SSJ3 while there, after all. Dunno how long he had to train at that point.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:03 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Goku's training during his 2nd trip to the afterlife didn't start till after the Other World Tournament though IIRC. SSJ3 he reached at some point whilst training under the Grand Kai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Goku's training during his 2nd trip to the afterlife didn't start till after the Other World Tournament though IIRC. SSJ3 he reached at some point whilst training under the Grand Kai.

Actually, Goku trained for the other-worldly tournament. The scene, in the anime, where Goku trains with the weights occurs before the tournament and was used to intimidate another Kai and his fighter:

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:47 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Wasn't SSJ1 Gohan already at Perfect Cell's level? I remember Goku saying Gohan was much stronger than Goku or even Cell before he transformed but that was also before Cell showed his "true power"

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 02:39 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Unless there's a detail I'm forgetting, I don't think Goku got stronger during his 2nd time in the afterlife until he started training under the Grand Kai, so Pikkon lost to what was basically the same USSJ level Goku that surrendered to Cell during the Other World Tournament finals. And it looked like Cell was just cheapshotted when it came to Pikkon stopping him and Goku from fighting at that moment. Put that same Cell in a ring with Pikkon and he should knock Pikkon out of the ring faster than Goku did, as he also has instant transmission which was used to counter Pikkon's thunderflash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYcEvG3rvl0
(1:46)

Not even the initial strikes from SSJ2 Gohan put Cell out of commission like Pikkon's blows did.

Originally posted by juggerman
Wasn't SSJ1 Gohan already at Perfect Cell's level? I remember Goku saying Gohan was much stronger than Goku or even Cell before he transformed but that was also before Cell showed his "true power"
It was stated that SSJ Gohan was more powerful than SSJ Goku-- but it was also stated that Gohan only stood a chance against Cell due to his SSJ2 potential. As a regular SSJ he was still nothing in comparison.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 03:18 PM
john allerdyce
Whore!

Sorry, didn't realize Pikkion was so powerful. This has inspired another thread though.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 04:08 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by dadudemon
Actually, Goku trained for the other-worldly tournament. The scene, in the anime, where Goku trains with the weights occurs before the tournament and was used to intimidate another Kai and his fighter:

Ah, forgot about that part. I guess it's a question then on how much stronger Goku became prior to the Other World Tournament. Still pretty debatable though whether or not he already surpassed Super Cell by that point who was one-shotting USSJs.

Originally posted by Galan007

Not even the initial strikes from SSJ2 Gohan put Cell out of commission like Pikkon's blows did.

Doesn't really change what I said. Pikkon still lost to a USSJ during the Other World Tournament, so he likely just got Cell when he did because of having the element of surprise.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 07:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doesn't really change what I said. Pikkon still lost to a USSJ during the Other World Tournament,
...Because he got knocked out of the ring and disqualified. Before that cheap-shot, Pikkon was very clearly superior to SSJ Goku--- he [Pikkon] even tanked a full-force punch from Goku, who was utilizing a "Super kaioken" at the time(which would have doubled his base SSJ power.)

Regardless, in this battle there isn't a ring that Pikkon can be knocked out of for the DQ win. That'd be the difference.

so he likely just got Cell when he did because of having the element of surprise.
Pikkon flew at Cell head-on(Cell even saw him coming.) Truth is, Pikkon trounced Cell with such ease because he is simply that powerful.

Here's what happens when a being less powerful than Cell kicks him head-on:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/144...32_146.gif.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/144...32_147.gif.html

Compare that, again, to Pikkon's kick:

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 08:07 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Surprise was certainly an element and Cell was caught off guard.

That said it doesn't change the fact that after two hits Cell was down for the count. Really Goku shouldn't have beaten Pikkon lol.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 10:26 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Surprised or not, Pikkon still must have been far more powerful than Cell to be able to trounce him in such an effortless fashion.

Pikkon was SSJ2-level+.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 10:38 PM
Demonic Phoenix

^ Gets even worse when you take into consideration the notion that Cell probably had his Super Perfect form PL.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:07 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Iirc, he never trained under Grand Kai, who made an excuse not to due to Pikkon and Goku being far stronger than him already.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:23 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Gets even worse when you take into consideration the notion that Cell probably had his Super Perfect form PL.
thumb up

And if that was the case(which it should have been, unless you think Cell lost power when he died) then Pikkon's power would have been somewhere between a SSJ2 and a SSJ3--- more powerful than the former, but weaker than the latter.

But then the inevitable question arises: "If Pikkon was SSJ2-level(or beyond) how was SSJ1 Goku able to contend with him at all!?" Two answers:
a.) Pikkon was definitely more powerful than Goku, and had the clear upper hand throughout the entire battle-- even when Goku doubled his SSJ power, his blow barely even fazed Pikkon. Like I mentioned, Pikkon was only 'beaten' because Goku cheap-shotted the shit out of him with instant transmission+Kamehameha, subsequently knocking him out of the ring.

b.) Goku evidently got a lot more powerful between the Cell Games and his battle with Pikkon--- which makes sense given a Saiyan's natural ability to become vastly stronger after enduring a severe beatdown(of which he received en gros during the Cell Games.) And as dadudemon pointed out: Goku had also been receiving training from King Kai during this period.

Aside from that, did anyone else notice that even after Goku saw Cell was coming to attack him, he still didn't opt to power up beyond the Giji(False) SSJ form he assumed when he owned the Ginyu Force?

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 11:31 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Goku didn't receive any training before the tournament in which he fought Pikkon...at least I don't remember him having any. The clip Dadudemon posted was from after that and they clearly talk about him preparing for the tournament on Earth, not in the Other World.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 12:40 AM