KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Pikkon vs. SSJ2 Gohan

Pikkon vs. SSJ2 Gohan
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

Pikkon vs. SSJ2 Gohan

Both were a lot more powerful than Perfect Cell.

Battle takes place on a deserted world. Who wins?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 04:15 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Cell busting SSJ2 Gohan or struggling against Dabura SSJ2 Gohan?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 04:59 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku utilized a "Super Kaio-Ken"(Super Saiyan+Kaio-Ken) against Pikkon. Since a base-level kaio-ken doubles the user's power, Goku would have technically wielded the same level of power as a SSJ2 for a split-second. However, even though Goku momentarily possessed power on that scale, Pikkon still shrugged off a full-force punch from him without so much as a scratch to show for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HvJMFZo7Y

Pikkon's blows were also sufficient to have a noticeable effect on Janemba(a Buu-level character who had been stomping SSJ3 Goku beforehand):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bgM6mcTjo

And as was mentioned in your last thread, Pikkon utterly trounced Perfect Cell with only 2 blows(1 good kick, then another nonchalant strike), before owning Frieza and King Cold with a casual strike each:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYcEvG3rvl0
(1:46)

Anyhow, I'm assuming this is SSJ2 kid Gohan from the Cell Games. That said, if he wouldn't have been phucking around with Cell the entire time, he likely could have beaten him just as easily as Pikkon did---unless, of course, we assume that Cell still retained his resurrection/SSJ2-esque/Jesus powers after he was killed. If he did, then Pikkon would come out looking better than Gohan, imo.

Regardless, this would be a great fight! Man, I wish Pikkon were canon to the manga, he was a great character.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2012 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

yes, this is ss2 gohan from the cell saga.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:13 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Pikkon utterly destroyed Super Duper Cell. Gohan wouldn't have been able to replicate that since him and Cell were about even post resurrection

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:16 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, assuming Cell retained his post-res Jesus powers in the afterlife, Pikkon tooling him with such a casual degree of ease is really quite astounding given that Cell was on par with a SSJ2. I know that showing isn't canon to the manga, but it definitely goes down as one of (if not the) best feats that took place throughout the anime.

Heck, even if that was pre-res/non-Jesus Cell, it is still an extremely uber feat for Pikkon... A SSJ2-level feat, in fact.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2012 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

You think Gohan could have smacked Super Cell down that easily?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No way.

When Jesus Cell resurrected it is fairly evident that he was intended to have transformed into a SSJ2, and thus was on par with Gohan.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:49 PM
juggerman

Wouldn't that make this a stomp in Pikkon's favor then?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 05:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If we are assuming that Cell retained his Jesus powers in the afterlife(which is certainly a logical assumption), then yes, this is a stomp in Pikkon's favor, as that means he effortlessly stomped a being that SSJ2 Gohan likely would have been hard-pressed to defeat(even without an injury.)

If we are assuming that Cell merely retained his pre-resurrection powerset in the afterlife(dunno why dying would depower him, but w/e), then the battle becomes much harder to gauge, as even in that scenario Pikkon would've still possessed SSJ2-level power.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 06:05 PM
juggerman

Has anyone ever been depowered after being sent to the afterlife?

That makes me think of another point: How strong are the "demons" and King Yemma? They have to keep order in heaven/hell but with uber powerful beings like Frieza and Cell they would have to be powerful too right? Or maybe the baddies do get depowered.....

And yes i do recall when Cell and Frieza were uprising and Goku and Pikkon had to go in but still to hold Frieza and company in check before Cell arrived might speak to how powerful the Yemma is or that they were in fact powered down

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 06:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

King Yemma isn't charged with keeping order so much as judging who goes to Heaven/Hell. Either way, while I can't recall an instance that alludes to his PL, I doubt very highly that he's remotely close to Frieza or Cell's level, given that they were vastly superior to any demon(s) they encountered in hell.

Tbh, I never got the impression that characters were depowered in the afterlife. They always appear to be the same as they were in the living world.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 06:23 PM
carver9

They are not depowered. Goku should be a prime example of this along with the other Z fighters (including Vegeta). All of them during death retained their power levels.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 06:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
They are not depowered. Goku should be a prime example of this along with the other Z fighters (including Vegeta). All of them during death retained their power levels.

I don't know if it happens in the manga but aren't they explicitly stated to keep their bodies in order to train?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 07:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Goku was gifted his body to train because he sacrificed himself. Vegeta was a break glass for emergency case.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 07:19 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Gohan. Pikkon is only at an ssj level, it was a mistake in the anime that he beat Cell (he did reach ssj2 level). Very inconsistent and should be ignored.

Made by DW

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 01:42 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Pikkon annihilates.

Why would Cell be the only major character who suddenly gets weaker in the afterlife?

Once that music plays, Gohan would know he's phucked. Going up against a guy who's more powerful than him, and with like a millenia of more acquired skills.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 01:51 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Love Pikkon's theme music. thumb up

Anyway, I agree. Goku followed Pikkon to Hell because he thought he'd need help beating Cell--- if Cell would have been depowered, Goku wouldn't have been concerned. The simple fact is that Pikkon was [a lot] more powerful than Cell, and Goku was only able to compete with Pikkon because his power had also increased substantially.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 01:56 AM
Based
iPinoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dvampire
Gohan. Pikkon is only at an ssj level, it was a mistake in the anime that he beat Cell (he did reach ssj2 level). Very inconsistent and should be ignored.

The definition of DBZ is inconsistent. However you can't just ignore the feats.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 03:22 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

You just can't ignore the stages of ssj either, which have 2 being always greater than 1. SSJ 2 Gohan wins this fight easy, Goku defeated Pikkon and was only an ssj (he loses to Cell aswell after he regenerates from self destruct). Huge mistake in the filler epsiode for what they did to Cell.

Made by DW

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 02:20 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote