KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Jimbe (one piece) vs jiraiya (naruto)

Jimbe (one piece) vs jiraiya (naruto)
Started by: Luffygear4

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luffygear4

Jimbe (one piece) vs jiraiya (naruto)

fight takes place on a the shore of a beach
all abilities previously used are allowed
100% healthy
sage mode is allowed and so is the use of the water

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 02:59 AM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

no one has an opinion?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 07:52 PM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Jimbe unfortunately.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 11:14 PM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Why is that unfortunate?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 04:36 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Why is that unfortunate?

Because I like jiraiya much more but have to give it to jimbe.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 05:42 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Because I like jiraiya much more but have to give it to jimbe.
thumb up

Jiraiya is cooler, but Jimbei definitely wins.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 06:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb up

Jiraiya is cooler, but Jimbei definitely wins.

Cosigned.

Jimbei is pretty boring imo, and Jiraya was actually pretty cool.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 06:34 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Meh, I agree. I don't hate Jimbei but he is the perfect 'meh' character. Jiraiya isn't one of my favorites but he definitely goes on the awesome list.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 09:38 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

wow, you guys think jimbe is a "meh" character? he took akainu's red dog through the chest and kept running only worried about luffy because his respect for him, and then felt bad because of the "X" the move put on his chest. and you guys forget that this move killed ace. i like jiraiya but jimbe has alot of depth to.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 07:59 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I don't follow One Piece too much since I missed 3 episodes and it was suddenly on episode 400.

But from what I know of Jimbe, he is sorta meh. He's a boss ass really powerful Fish Man. Aside from that he doesn't have much personality(aside from polite and fierce in battle) or character development.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 08:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

Originally posted by KingD19
I don't follow One Piece too much since I missed 3 episodes and it was suddenly on episode 400.

But from what I know of Jimbe, he is sorta meh. He's a boss ass really powerful Fish Man. Aside from that he doesn't have much personality(aside from polite and fierce in battle) or character development.

c'mon man, did you read what i said? he didnt have much development but he is a good character and he is deep, respectful, and badass. he took what killed ace through the chest and was only worried about luffy's safety. he is much more then meh. and what he said to luffy about not worrying about what you've lost but what you still have. like his crew?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 09:19 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm not saying he's not a good character. I'm saying out of the many characters in the Naruto and One Piece universes, he's not in the top tier for most interesting.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 09:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Luffygear4
wow, you guys think jimbe is a "meh" character? he took akainu's red dog through the chest and kept running only worried about luffy because his respect for him, and then felt bad because of the "X" the move put on his chest. and you guys forget that this move killed ace. i like jiraiya but jimbe has alot of depth to.

The Akainu thing means that he is merely really strong(which is a given since, you know, Shichibukai). This doesn't make depth even if it's impressive. And whatever points he earns for being the guy who saved Luffy both from being killed and the edge of despair is negated because he perpetuated the racism of his people and is one of the reasons Hody Jones got away with so many things that he did.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 09:36 PM
Luffygear4

The Akainu thing means that he is merely really strong(which is a given since, you know, Shichibukai). This doesn't make depth even if it's impressive. And whatever points he earns for being the guy who saved Luffy both from being killed and the edge of despair is negated because he perpetuated the racism of his people and is one of the reasons Hody Jones got away with so many things that he did.

im not saying that saving luffy makes you an interesting char. im saying hes deep because of the reasons he did save luffy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:15 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Because he respects Luffy? That is hardly something exclusive to Jimbei and it adds little insight to him other than him being a person who helps those who earn his respect(not that deep).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:39 PM
Luffygear4

Because he respects Luffy? That is hardly something exclusive to Jimbei and it adds little insight to him other than him being a person who helps those who earn his respect(not that deep).

the only other ones that respect luffy are his crew, mostly badass trafalgar law and some other super novas, badasses, shanks and some of whitebeards old crew members... ALL BADASS. plus, its not so much the respect, but more how he saw past luffy's childlike ways and saw his courage, not trying to sound gay, but jimbe is one of the maybe 25 characters that respect the main character. plus what he went through with tiger from the sun pirates, the fishman racism, going to jail rather that fighting to kill ace a pirate who was spouse to the late pirate king, giving luffy blood when it was against the law. and other things, i see him as more the meh

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:58 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Luffy has entire countries that respect him since he saved their lives. And while his backstory did give him much more depth it also hurt him because of how idiotic he was.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 11:01 PM
Luffygear4

Luffy has entire countries that respect him since he saved their lives. And while his backstory did give him much more depth it also hurt him because of how idiotic he was.

well, your right about the countries and islands luffy has saved, but im obviously not changing your mind about jimbe so

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 11:07 PM
Rikudo sennin

Originally posted by Luffygear4
well, your right about the countries and islands luffy has saved, but im obviously not changing your mind about jimbe so

If your not gonna change your mind then why did you bother to try to change his?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 07:20 PM
Luffygear4

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
If your not gonna change your mind then why did you bother to try to change his?

because i think im right. so why not try to make him see the same way as you? common sense, thats why theres a presidential election, to get things done your way. and i think jumbe is more than a meh character. and you guys will agree when he joins straw hats

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 08:20 PM