KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Inuyasha vs. Orochimaru

Inuyasha vs. Orochimaru
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Inuyasha vs. Orochimaru

All out fight.

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 05:34 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Orochimaru. Inu Yasha characters are a low slower (it doesn't have the multi-levels of super speed, and the human demon hunters remain useful even late-game, though they lack power), and Inuyasha isn't remotely near as versatile. Sure, he has some big attacks, but that won't do here.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 05:42 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vlaaad12345

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Orochimaru. Inu Yasha characters are a low slower (it doesn't have the multi-levels of super speed, and the human demon hunters remain useful even late-game, though they lack power), and Inuyasha isn't remotely near as versatile. Sure, he has some big attacks, but that won't do here.

What exactly is Orochimaru going to do though? He doesn't have he raw power to put down EoS Inuyasha, who had his own hill busting attacks reflected back at him and it did practically nothing.

The gigantic aoe of Inuyashas attacks should help make up for speed differences.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 09:42 PM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
What exactly is Orochimaru going to do though? He doesn't have he raw power to put down EoS Inuyasha, who had his own hill busting attacks reflected back at him and it did practically nothing.

Well he's got the mile-long extendo-sword (who's extension pushed Naruto *through* about a mile of forest, and who's blade hurt even the adamantine King Enma), he could slice on him in melee for a good while, he's got poison, he's got genjutsu, he can possess people...

Orochimaru has a gigantic bag of tricks.

quote:
The gigantic aoe of Inuyashas attacks should help make up for speed differences.

I'd say he could still defend most, but he also has things like the gate-summons and his crazy regen and so on.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 10:03 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Inuyasha's Black Hole Hell attack could potentially be a oneshot.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 11:51 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by KingD19
Inuyasha's Black Hole Hell attack could potentially be a oneshot.

It's easily dodged, and DemonInuyasha was able to break free.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 12:33 AM
KingD19

Of the fully empowered technique? The full moon I think?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:34 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Of the fully empowered technique? The full moon I think?

The main difference between that and the prior version was it could be used as a ranged slash, iirc.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 04:44 PM
KingD19

I haven't been keeping up with Naruto since...a while. Like a really long time. But would Oro have a problem with that technique? I think he would but as I've said, I haven't watched Naruto in a long time.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 04:58 PM
Q99

Not really. First he'd dodge, then if he was somehow hit, he'd regen from what's left (since the slash version is *not* all or nothing. It's supposed to make it harder to break free of, but that's a bad trait against Orochimaru). He also has the option of using decoys, which he's known to do.

Inu Yasha is a bad matchup against many more speed-based series because it's primary focus is on upping the firepower of a sword to deal with an opponent with very strong barriers. Things like speed do not up significantly, it's just an arms race.

Last edited by Q99 on Mar 9th, 2013 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:02 PM
KingD19

Well from what I understand, you can't regen from the slash version, because whatever part is hit permanently remains in Hell. So since it's not technically destroyed, it can't regen. Or something. I'm sleepy, lol.

I do agree Inuyasha is a rather weak and slow anime verse overall.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:04 PM
Q99

Well from what I understand, you can't regen from the slash version, because whatever part is hit permanently remains in Hell. So since it's not technically destroyed, it can't regen. Or something. I'm sleepy, lol.

Even if it's more of a sealing technique, Orochimaru can make a whole body out of his mouth at any time.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:53 PM
Luffygear4

inuyasha is much more destructive, i am pretty sure he is town level + but i dont know for sure.he could probably1 shot, but doesnt oro have a healing factor to... damn well oro is faster, idrk.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 02:05 AM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nevermind.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 02:48 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote