KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Android 18 & 17 vs. Trunks & Goten

Android 18 & 17 vs. Trunks & Goten
Started by: vansonbee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vansonbee
Isee

Android 18 & 17 vs. Trunks & Goten

Seeing how the Androids will always be the same in power.

1) Trunks & Goten during the tournament, where they fought Android 18.

2) Post Buu Saga
^ I did not include during the saga, because they only practice using the time chamber for perfecting the fusion dances.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 05:19 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

1. Androids with little difficulty.
2. Kids stomp

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 05:20 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
1. Androids with little difficulty.
2. Kids stomp
Did you think they got much stronger during the time they fought buu? I'm not sure they lost to Buu, other than dying. Would they get the saiyan boost thing?

@everyone
How powerful do you believe the kids are post buu saga? I know Piccolo overtime, is much stronger than Android 17.

and is Android 17 = 18? I feel 17 was superior.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 05:43 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by vansonbee

and is Android 17 = 18? I feel 17 was superior.

There's supposed to be a little difference, but for all intents and purposes they might as well be the same.

I'd say... the Androids probably win in either. Goten and Trunks were still only base super saiyans, even if better trained by the end.

Though in the first one, it'll be with little difficulty, in the second, it'll probably be a long fight with the android's greater endurance probably playing a role.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 06:56 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

1st - It could go either way really. Masked Fighter only really lost to 18 by default cause they couldn't work together, and she got worried after Trunks' blast.

2nd - Kids all the way. They trained hardcore, for technically months, and they before going in they were around Androids level.

And non-canon but I think Movie 11 makes a great case. 18 can't do anything to Bio Broli, and Trunks, and Goten actually can.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 07:23 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Kento
1st - It could go either way really. Masked Fighter only really lost to 18 by default cause they couldn't work together, and she got worried after Trunks' blast.

Yes, but 18 was still able to defend for both of them for a time.

quote:
2nd - Kids all the way. They trained hardcore, for technically months, and they before going in they were around Androids level.

Keep in mind 18 beat down Vegeta even though he'd trained a long time.

A base super saiyan is very noticeably below android level. They may have been around android level when they got *out*, but before that, no.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 07:56 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but 18 was still able to defend for both of them for a time.

Keep in mind 18 beat down Vegeta even though he'd trained a long time.

A base super saiyan is very noticeably below android level. They may have been around android level when they got *out*, but before that, no.
Only one was attacking effectively, and that was whoever was on top. Which was mostly Trunks. Also its because of her being more skilled. Which is why the androids would win, because they wouldn't tire. It be like Piccolo vs 17.

He wasn't even close to her power level when he went in. Piccolo after absorbing Kami was stronger than both Vegeta, and 18.

Super Saiyan has no base level. its just 50x the base level of the one who uses it. So null point.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 08:05 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Kento
Only one was attacking effectively, and that was whoever was on top. Which was mostly Trunks.

Yea, but the lower one was still throwing kicks, and iirc she found that 'fighting style' kinda disconcerting and hard to read (for the obvious reason that looking at the body or eyes gave no hint as to what the legs were doing).

And then when they were cut in half, they did both attack together.

quote:

Super Saiyan has no base level. its just 50x the base level of the one who uses it. So null point.

I'd think the kids, pre-time chamber, would have lower base level than Vegeta at the start of the Cell saga, though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 08:32 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but the lower one was still throwing kicks, and iirc she found that 'fighting style' kinda disconcerting and hard to read (for the obvious reason that looking at the body or eyes gave no hint as to what the legs were doing).

And then when they were cut in half, they did both attack together.

I'd think the kids, pre-time chamber, would have lower base level than Vegeta at the start of the Cell saga, though.
The kids also were having issues fighting in the costume though. They weren't fighting to the best of their abilities. And the kicks being thrown were by person who couldn't see.

Not in the manga they didn't, they ran away as soon as they were discovered. Idk about the anime.

I don't know about that. Goten almost hit Gohan when he threw the rock, Trunks tagged Vegeta, they kept up with 18, knocked Fat Buu for a loop.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 09:16 PM
Q99

They kept up with 18, but 18 also thought they were a human at first.

And Vegeta 'kept up' with her for awhile too.

quote:
And the kicks being thrown were by person who couldn't see.

Yes, but they were *in addition* to punches from someone who could, so you got twice as many attacks as normal. Even some of them relying only on sensing, it's still a factor in their favor.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 09:22 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Q99
They kept up with 18, but 18 also thought they were a human at first.

And Vegeta 'kept up' with her for awhile too.

Yes, but they were *in addition* to punches from someone who could, so you got twice as many attacks as normal. Even some of them relying only on sensing, it's still a factor in their favor.
She realized they weren't regular humans quite fast. Just because she didn't realize they were Trunks and Goten til ssj mode. They were able to dodge her, and block her. She'd go faster, and stronger if she could, she wanted to get it over with.

Vegeta was toyed with. Vegeta was ssj. They were base. 18 still had trouble getting through less skilled, and hampered defenses.

They can't 'sense' 18 though. So it would be random wild kicks in a general direction. Wouldn't be very helpful, or effective. It's a factor, but dbz fights are usually a factor of kicks and punches in mid air not just punching. The kicks at most just made up for the fact that they were horrible in working together, moving around, and the suit was restricting them some.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 10:42 PM
Q99

Speaking of not sensing, she doesn't sense either. She wouldn't know *how* strong they were, so she wouldn't go to full power and accidentally splatter some punk.

Like, what if it had been Yamcha?

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 11:53 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

She wouldn't go full power right off, but its safe to say she'd start trying harder when she was being ineffective, and she'd go faster when she was being blocked if she could. Trunks also had the power to defeat her if he wouldn't of missed her with the blast. That's why she unmasked them, to get it over with fast.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 04:10 AM
juggerman

Androids take both imo. The 1st one they take easily but the second they work pretty hard for. The endurance is what gives them the win in 2

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 09:20 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadeSlayer15
Omni Hermit Master

If the fusion is stronger than ssj 3 goku how would that be? Or are you saying this is before they can fuse?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 04:19 PM
ShadeSlayer15 is currently offline Click here to Send ShadeSlayer15 a Private Message Find more posts by ShadeSlayer15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
If the fusion is stronger than ssj 3 goku how would that be? Or are you saying this is before they can fuse?

This is a two on two fight as i understand it. Fusion would be spite

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 05:06 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadeSlayer15
Omni Hermit Master

Well then it would go t 18 and 17 hands down not even a good vs lol

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 05:30 PM
ShadeSlayer15 is currently offline Click here to Send ShadeSlayer15 a Private Message Find more posts by ShadeSlayer15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I'm not too sure on the 2nd one... I mean the Androids have an experience and everlasting stamina edge, for sure, but probably not the raw power edge, nor overall speed.

I guess, in the end, it depends on wether the kids are capable of ending the fight quick, if not, then the Androids claim both scenarios, the Androids simply outlasting and out skilling the kids. in a long battle, when the actual power gap is not an ocean apart, then skill, technique and experience can overcome raw power.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:01 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadeSlayer15
Omni Hermit Master

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'm not too sure on the 2nd one... I mean the Androids have an experience and everlasting stamina edge, for sure, but probably not the raw power edge, nor overall speed.

I guess, in the end, it depends on wether the kids are capable of ending the fight quick, if not, then the Androids claim both scenarios, the Androids simply outlasting and out skilling the kids. in a long battle, when the actual power gap is not an ocean apart, then skill, technique and experience can overcome raw power.
Agreed

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:03 PM