KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cooler vs Frieza

Cooler vs Frieza
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Cooler vs Frieza

(please log in to view the image)

vs

who wins?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 11:04 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Final form Cooler vs. Namek Frieza?

Cooler destroys him.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 11:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If we only use their battles against n00b SSJ Goku as a reference, then Freeza wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 11:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Cooler wins cause he's Cooler. shifty

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:09 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If we only use their battles against n00b SSJ Goku as a reference, then Freeza wins.

There's still the whole "I can gather energy a lot faster than my brother" death ball/supernova attack though, which Namek Frieza would certainly have more trouble with than the noob SSJ... Such ki moves aside though, Frieza might be able to beat him physically, yeah.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, but n00b SSJ Goku stomped 5th form Cooler with laughable ease. Cooler wasn't even a challenge.

Freeza, on the other hand, could at least put up a decent fight.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, yeah...

As far as ki/energy output, I'd have to say Cooler wins if both tried using death ball/their ultimate attack, while in a physical strength assault, Frieza wins.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Keep in mind the Goku that Cooler fought was at least several times stronger in the movie. This was a time after Namek, and probably around the Android preparation arc.

So Cooler lost to a more powerful, more experienced(with SSJ), no screwing around Goku and had to be blasted into the sun.

Frieza lost to a brand new SSJ Goku who was merciful enough to leave him alive.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 01:31 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by KingD19
Keep in mind the Goku that Cooler fought was at least several times stronger in the movie. This was a time after Namek, and probably around the Android preparation arc.

So Cooler lost to a more powerful, more experienced(with SSJ), no screwing around Goku and had to be blasted into the sun.

It was Namek-era SSJ Goku.

Not only did it take him a considerable amount of time/effort to transform, but his aura is also indicative of the Namek-era.

Here is his SSJ aura upon initially transforming in the film:

Here is his SSJ aura upon initially transforming on Namek:

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 01:50 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by KingD19

He didn't HAVE to be blasted into the sun, he just happened to be killed that way. Goku could've done it other ways.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:31 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sending Cooler's ball of death back at him took everything Goku had though; he was completely maxed out, much less able to move and get up afterward (had to have Piccolo save him from Salza), so if Cooler hadn't been blasted to the sun from that all out attack, Goku would've been out of luck.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:05 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Yeah, but n00b SSJ Goku stomped 5th form Cooler with laughable ease. Cooler wasn't even a challenge.

Freeza, on the other hand, could at least put up a decent fight.
Movies are generally shit though in terms of even fighting.

Villain stomps, powerup of some sort for the heroes, immediate end to the fight. Bojack, Broly, Android 13, Cooler, Janemba, Dragon Fisting the Dragon, Lord Slug, I forget the other movie villains but probably there too.

That being said, Goku should be around the timeframe where he was fingering Trunk's sword so he was a ways more powerful than when he fought Frieza. With that said, it was implied that Cooler trained to get his new form, so naturally he's a ***** in the long run compared to Frieza.
Plus I think it was said in the power levels that Cooler was somewhere along 470 million in his new form or something. Did he show it? lol

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:17 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah... All the movie villains had to suffer from the pre-BotG movie formula. sick The fights with them were never really drawn out like the fights with anyone in the actual episodes, which left me sour.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:28 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Goku should be around the timeframe where he was fingering Trunk's sword
It would be closer to Namek-era Goku than Yardrat-era/'one year later' Goku, judging by the time/effort it took him to transform into a Super Saiyan. IF he was more powerful than his Namek-era self, the difference would have been marginal.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:34 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, there was the zenkai boost Goku got after he healed from his back getting fried by Cooler's eye beams with a senzu bean.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:36 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Was it stated that he received a zenkai, though? Can't remember.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:39 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Don't recall if it was directly stated, but making Salza's scouter break unlike before when he was powering back up sure seemed to imply a zenkai.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:40 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dunno. I took that scene as Goku getting pissed and just powering up more intensely than before... Because when he first engaged Cooler's Squadron, he didn't really power up much at all. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 24th, 2015 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:49 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

It would be closer to Namek-era Goku than Yardrat-era/'one year later' Goku, judging by the time/effort it took him to transform into a Super Saiyan. IF he was more powerful than his Namek-era self, the difference would have been marginal.
Nah, it was the same year Trunks killed Frieza but after
http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/gu...-chronology.php

That being said, he didn't really have difficulty transforming, he just yelled a lot. Certainly less effort expended than when we saw Trunks transforming against KK and Frieza.

Plus, even if it was before Trunks came, he still would have got a massive boost from the Frieza fight, the training afterwards, and the near death from Cooler.

Though it'd be interesting to see how many days or hours of training it would take Frieza to match Cooler. It would have been fun to see the similar form brothers fighting in animated form as well.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 06:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Frieza trains a month and solos Cooler and the Android Saga.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 07:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote