KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Base Goku (Black saga) vs SSJ3 Goku (Boo saga)

Base Goku (Black saga) vs SSJ3 Goku (Boo saga)
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Base Goku (Black saga) vs SSJ3 Goku (Boo saga)

Manga only; who wins and why?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 07:11 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Base Goku.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 09:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Base Goku.

This.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 09:46 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You realize base Freeza, who is > base Goku, needed to go gold to deal with SSJ2 Cabba?

Is base Cabba anywhere near base Goku? Is SSJ2 Cabba anywhere near?

There's also the fact SSJ Goku was = Caulifla.

Base Goku being >>>>> earlier arcs simply doesn't add up. There's zero consistancy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by carver9
Base Goku.

quote:
Originally posted by NewGuy01
why?

quote:
Originally posted by Reality Warper
This.

quote:
why?

Originally posted by cdtm
You realize base Freeza, who is > base Goku, needed to go gold to deal with SSJ2 Cabba?

Is base Cabba anywhere near base Goku? Is SSJ2 Cabba anywhere near?

There's also the fact SSJ Goku was = Caulifla.

Base Goku being >>>>> earlier arcs simply doesn't add up. There's zero consistancy.

quote:
Manga only

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 11:28 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Manga, Buu saga Goku.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 01:49 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Kento
Manga, Buu saga Goku.

quote:
why?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 01:59 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Because, in the manga power levels haven't changed greatly enough that he's 400x his base form from Buu saga in 7 years. The whole base god mode thing the anime had and seems to forget never existed.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 02:31 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Base Goku.

I would argue regardless of Saiyan Beyond God, his experience with God Ki, multiple zen Kai boosts and advanced training by Whis should put him above Buu-Saga SSJ3.

For what it's worth, even after the base-form retcon in the anime, Base Goku was capable of giving Beerus a much better fight than SSJ3 Goku was, and was also capable of easily defeating SSJ3 Gotenks. Though again, this is from the anime.

And if you want to bring up Trunks, I would argue that battling Goku Black multiple times over the course of a year would tremendously boost his strength.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 02:55 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
For what it's worth, even after the base-form retcon in the anime, Base Goku was capable of giving Beerus a much better fight than SSJ3 Goku was, and was also capable of easily defeating SSJ3 Gotenks.

quote:
Manga only

quote:
Originally posted by XSUPREMESKILLZ
And if you want to bring up Trunks, I would argue that battling Goku Black multiple times over the course of a year would tremendously boost his strength.

Evidence points towards the opposite; it was Black who was becoming stronger by fighting Trunks. Also, we only know how strong Trunks was after his fights with Black, so I'm not sure how that scaling is supposed to work. In any case, SSJ2 Trunks's (admittedly favorable) comparison to Cell Games Gohan during his spar with Goku leads me to believe he wasn't intended to be hundreds of times stronger.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:01 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Well, given the comparison is being made based on the last time Trunks was there, and Goku claiming that Trunks was far stronger than Gohan was at that time, (while Trunks was greatly suppressing his power,) I don't think a legitimate downscaling can be made. As Trunks himself said, he's been busting his ass off for a decade since the Cell Arc, (which means he's been training nonstop even 3 years after the Buu Arc, + Goku Black).

And Black becoming stronger by fighting Trunks doesn't preclude Trunks growing stronger by fighting Black.

My point being that Trunks being as powerful as he is relative to Goku doesn't preclude Goku being above Buu Saga SSJ3.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:31 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It's also important to note that a far, far more powerful version of Black than the one that Trunks was no match for in the manga was getting beaten down by SSJ2 Vegeta. So I wouldn't use that sparring match as a definitive way to equate Goku to Buu Saga characters anyways.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:34 AM
ares834

Gotta go with SSJ3 Goku. Primarily because I have way too hard of a time believing all these characters in the U6 Saga (and in the upcoming Survival saga) are on a similar level to Buu. Beyond that, I see very little evidence to suggest Goku grew that dramatically.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:56 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ares834
Gotta go with SSJ3 Goku. Primarily because I have way too hard of a time believing all these characters in the U6 Saga (and in the upcoming Survival saga) are on a similar level to Buu. Beyond that, I see very little evidence to suggest Goku grew that dramatically.

So then how do you see a fight between base Goku and base Black going down?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 03:22 PM